* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• sammy_kaye18
    Options
    mandco wrote: »
    dd did great in her exams A's & B's so very proud of her :D

There a newish card shop near me and they had some of last years xmas stock reduced to 1/2 price so picked up a few bits for the xmas elves activities

My daughter is back on monday and my son is back wednesday - why do they do it? Cant just put the kids in and off together - would save so many arguments

Well done to your daughter MANDCO - you must be so proud. My step son had mostly Cs but with his anxiety Im surprised he did so well if Im honest so he will be off to college on Monday to do creative writing.

Well just been for a walk to the shop - brought a chicken - I dont think I have made a roast dinner this year :eek:so need to practice some more with the electric cooker so that is tomorrows tea sorted. Might even make a quiche as well as I have eggs to use up to do me for the week. Been blackberry picking as well so might make a crumble of sorts or a topped trifle for dessert tomorrow as well

No further Xmas prep here yet other than son making a list and texting it to me
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all,
    well its been not quite the start to the day i was planning , i got a call at 6.00 am from hubby to ask if i could bring his spare car key as his was in a truck on its way to scotland ! why the hell wouldnt he put it in his bag once he starts his shift ??? So 34 mile round trip and key delivered .
    I was hoping for a lie in as im not in work until 12 today fat bleeding chance .

Friday we took the dog to the vet for his annual injection and he worked himself up so much while we were waiting once he got in to the examination room he started passing wind big time ! ive never been so embarassed lol . Hes not generally a windy dog but my goodness he was whiffy .

Christmas wise , lots bought and im wrapping as i go i find it much easier that way , just got one more beanie baby to come from Aliexpress then the box is full so i can wrap that too.
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Welcome to the thread LOULABELLE. Hope the pregnancy is smooth from here on in. Planning for Christmas is a great distraction and you're definitely in the right place.

VULPIX, that's good news on the valuation, no stopping you now! Hope the family meal went well, lovely to be together again. Good luck at the hipster boot sale today ;)

MRSI which group are you going to see?

FREE so glad you're feeling better. Hope you didn't spend all your money on the Matalan site, they've got some nice bits although most of the things I liked said 'coming soon' which is a bit of a pain as I've got a £15 'free' shop thing from Topcashback and it runs out today :(

MANDCO well done to DD and SAMMYKAYE well done to DSS too.

Got my liver biopsy results yesterday and all looks positive, just early stage non-alcoholic fatty liver disease which is apparently reversible so need more exercise (time to buy the Fitbit me thinks) and low fat, low sugar diet (not quite so much fun as my current one).

Had a lovely afternoon yesterday painting a pottery dragon in a pottery shop. You paint it whilst having a lovely hot chocolate (or whatever) and then you leave it with them, they fire it and you pick it up when it's all done. DGD did a unicorn a few weeks ago so we went back and she did a mythical creature, I did the dragon, my sister did a sausage dog and my mum did a doll plaque. I can thoroughly recommend it as a great way to pass a couple of hours.

Ooh and I've booked tickets to Harry Potter World for DH's birthday this month.

Have a good Sunday everyone :)
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • sammy_kaye18
    Options
    Peppapig wrote: »
    Got my liver biopsy results yesterday and all looks positive, just early stage non-alcoholic fatty liver disease which is apparently reversible so need more exercise (time to buy the Fitbit me thinks) and low fat, low sugar diet (not quite so much fun as my current one).

Had a lovely afternoon yesterday painting a pottery dragon in a pottery shop. You paint it whilst having a lovely hot chocolate (or whatever) and then you leave it with them, they fire it and you pick it up when it's all done. DGD did a unicorn a few weeks ago so we went back and she did a mythical creature, I did the dragon, my sister did a sausage dog and my mum did a doll plaque. I can thoroughly recommend it as a great way to pass a couple of hours.

Ooh and I've booked tickets to Harry Potter World for DH's birthday this month.

Have a good Sunday everyone :)

Im very jealous of the Harry Potter world tickets - might have to hint to hubby for my Christmas present or my birthday! and the mythical creature painting sounds fab. I wish they had something like that around here.
    Great news on your results too Peppa. I have been told to cut out all the junk and go on a low sodium diet so have been looking at fitbits as well as most my friends have them and they do the weekly challenges for steps
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,356 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi All and welcome Loulabelle.

Aaaaand breathe.I have had a very hectic few days.I am exhausted.

Son and GF collected.EXTREMELY stressful time insuring and taxing the car.I couldn't find the log book and car had been sorned.In the end I had to buy a new logbook at £25.They went up to Harrogate last night.

DD1 and I did the carboot today.I made about £70 but I spent most of it.Well easy come,easy go.I bought 8 modern oak dining chairs for £35.I have been thinking that our ancient ikea dining chairs were looking very past it recently and so I have saved myself a massive job as I was going to paint them.all 8!

Great news on your results Peppa.I will join you on the eating healthy,I could hardly fasten my trousers up today.All celebration eating is now over for a while so i will knuckle down to it.

I will read back now.

Vx
     :
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Good morning! I'm back :D

Had a fab holiday, shame we have to come back to reality :( Kids were thrilled with the Fires, so everyone happy.

Not had a chance to catch up properly as still trying to catch up at work, washing etc.

On the plus side, we are officially on the run in to Christmas, so time to check & wrap whatever I have, sort out what I need to buy & enjoy the nights drawing in.

Have a good week everyone.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
  • murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello Loulabelle- I agree with the others, Christmas planning is a great distraction. Welcome and happy Planning!!

Sammy- Im with you on the weight loss issue.

Mandco- Matalan Christmas shop is early this year isn't it? well done to DD on her results (and all those who have had theirs recently ).

Chrissy- I can imagine the air was a tad blue when you net up with your husband!
    Mrs I- glad the new neighbours are nice, they are lucky to have such a nice neighbour themselves x

Peppa- fantastic news!!! Breathe now x The painting activity sounds a lovely way to spend a few hours.

Free- I love candles too and tbh I think the ones from Home Bargains last year were better tha Yankee Candles. I LOVED the gingerbread one.
    GTQ- glad you had a fab holiday, masses of washing is the only downside. You are right- we are on the countdown now! Woohoo!
    Treasurequeen- How are things with you?
    Vulpix- £40K is a good payoff for all your hard work x. Good luck with the bungalow plans. Sounds like a palaver with the car.

I am still in the process of subterfuge decorating (Mrs I- your DH sounds as if he was the same as mine is- when he came back from France in July he didn't notice that I had had 5" lopped off my hair til 3 days after he got home! I was 'mildly vexed'!!).

On the Christmas front I have booked for DD and I to go to Prague for 5 days in December to visit the Christmas markets. Im really looking forward to it. I really want it to snow although I probably shouldn't wish for that as Im bound to fall over and break something given my appalling balance!
    Sorry if I have missed anyone out x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • elliew8
    elliew8 Posts: 75 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Well it’s officially the beginning of autumn! The weather is certainly looking that way too…looking forward to nice cosy nights in front of the fire with a Christmas candle on the go, watching a Christmas film. Only 16 weeks today!
    Welcome Loulabelle J
    Nic that made me laugh, we’re all saddo’s when it comes to Christmas I think lol I’m the same with the yankee melts I absolutely love them!
    Peppa, good news the results mean it’s reversible for you, although low fat, low sugar doesn’t sound much fun at all. If you haven’t been, Harry Potter world is brilliant, we’re going again this year at the end of November so they’ll have the Christmas decorations up
    Glad you had a nice holiday Gettingtherequickly J
    Murie I’m jealous about the Prague Christmas market trip, sounds great!
    Oh the New Look 25% off ends today just in case anyone tried the other day when the website was down
    I'm dreaming... of a white Christmas :snow_grin :xmassmile:rudolf:
  • sammy_kaye18
    Options
    Well its been a weird day

Little girlie was back at school today so I am waitin gto hear how she has gotten on since she is now in the junior school, my shift at work involved putting Xmas trees and decorations away! and Ive come home to find I have been overpaid by tax credits so they are taking £1328 off me over this coming year! Marvellous.

Although happy to report I am home and since I left my husband and son here all day it still looks relatively clean and intact :-) either that or neither of them has fed themselves yet today.

I joined the Merry Forums of Merry Christmas as well and have now signed up for two ornament swaps - one with a lady in Canada and the other in Alaska :D so Im looking forward to getting them as well as signing up for the christmas card swap - I may need to stock up on stamps though but I cant wait to get them all!

Also B&M has a lovely pumpkin spiced candle and a cinnamon doughnut one in earlier for £2.49 and a fair size each and they are putting out their halloween decorations so Xmas wont be far behind :-)

I also on my shift managed to plan my kids stocking fillers as well since they are both that bit older now so dont really want to fill them with tat!
  • freespirit66
    Options
    Afternoon everyone,

NIC ooh I hope my HB gets them in soon I loved the Gingerbread one last year too although DD1 hated it :rotfl:

MANDCO well done to your DD she must be thrilled after all the stress of waiting

CHRISSY oh dear! shame you didn't get your lie in

PEPPAPIG oh my DD1 went to a pottery caf! with her friend and two little ones a few weeks ago, I'm really impressed with how everything turned out after being fired and glazed. They do a Friday night session for adults only and you take your own bottle!
    You will love HP world. I hope you got to use your discount at Matalan typical it runs out before the Christmas stuff is out. Fab news about the liver biopsy, I am so pleased for you my lovely x

VULPIX wow what a bargain for 8 oak chairs well done you, glad you have had a fun few days with DS and GF

GETTINGTHEREQUICKLY glad you had a lovely time on holiday with the family, glad the kids loved the Fires

MURIE ooh Prague always looks beautiful in Christmas market pictures, you and DD will have a fab time

SAMMYKAYE I like the sound of the pumpkin spice candle, will note that down
    #103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure