* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options
1222223224225226228»

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Christmas Eve to my fellow Christmas nuts !
    I hope everyone has a peaceful, happy and healthy Christmas and that Father Christmas does a spectacular job for each and every one of us xx
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,152 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 December 2017 at 6:55PM
    Options
    Hello popping in. Can't believe I posted on Saturday last week having not bought DH much, no tree up and I don't think any xmas cards written.

Tree is up, but doesn't look great. None of us are artistic. Next year will be taking more time on this.

Have got all presents, got about 6 left to wrap (all this household and small items so won't take long). All cards have been written and posted. :T

Have told DH I can't do it all myself again or not even the lion's share he has to contribute more timewise. Likewise I've said I don't want to do our annual trip to France in December. I didn't overly enjoy it this year and it just gave me less time to be prepared.

I know I have overspent this year due to last minute stuff.:( This is something I haven't done for 20 years (it was 97 the first year I bought early due to an impending redundancy at the end of that year) and leaves me with a bit of a bad taste in my mouth, though I realise a one year slip up in 2 decades should be forgiven. Now DD is getting older and more discerning in what she'd like, I'm going to curtail what I buy in the sales in store for the following year and go for quality over quantity. It will also have the knock on effect of not having to buy DS (who is harder to buy for) loads because she has more quantity of presents.

I have still got some bargains. My favourite and it's a surprise for them was going to the theatre to get DS and DH Spamalot tickets and discovering that they have introduced a cheap ticket policy for under 26 year olds. It meant DS's ticket was only £10. :money:
  • 3forholidays
    3forholidays Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 December 2017 at 8:51PM
    Options
    Hi all

New thread for 2018 is here - *Rocking around the Christmas Tree*

Merry Christmas to everyone and I hope that you have a enjoyable Christmas 2017!

::xmassign::santa2:
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Clumsy42
    Clumsy42 Posts: 166 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just popping on to say Merry Christmas for tomorrow everyone! (Might post the same on the new thread because I don't know at what point everyone swaps over).

Just managed to stab myself in the hand with a compass (don't ask!) so I'm hoping that wont still be throbbing by tomorrow morning. I'm not losing a hand over Christmas! :rotfl:

Enjoy tonight and tomorrow everyone! :xmassign::xmastree::xmassmile:snow_grin:santa2::rudolf:
    “In 900 years of time and space, I’ve never met anyone who wasn’t important”
    - Eleventh Doctor
  • vulpix
    vulpix Posts: 2,313 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Merry Christmas all you lovely Christmas people,Thank You for your company over the past year.Have a lovely day tomorrow. xxx V
     :
  • Snorkypants
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! I'm behind, so I'll catch up on your posts and move over to the new thread in a day or two

Hope you all have wonderful festive days doing what you love
  • 3forholidays
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! - the big day is finally here :)
    A good life is when you assume nothing, do more, need less, smile often, dream big, laugh a lot, and realise how blessed you are.

SPC No 043
    SPC 10 - £520 : SPC 11 - £975 : SPC 12 - £845 : SPC 13 - £700
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! Hope everyone has a lovely day. I'm moving over to the new thread now so see you all over there. Thanks for setting it all up for us 3FORHOLIDAYS
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport