* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• murie
    murie Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Clumsy- an app called Vouchercloud sometimes have offers on Superdrug, although not discounts as such. I recently used one for a free £10 starbucks gift card with no minimum spend at Superdrug- I bought a 78p Pears soap with free delivery (beauty card holder). the gift card was a digital card so was added to my starbucks app.
    Also if you go through Topcashback or Quidco you may get a percentage back on purchases (havrnt checked this out so cant be sure), but it always pays to try and use cashback sites (if you can remember lol). its not much but it does add up over the course of the year. Aplogies if you already knew about these, although it might help those that aren't aware x
    lovin' this site!
    :j
  • murie
    Options
    Peppa- you must both have eaten your Weetabix yesterday then to have done all that!
    Great news that all the trades will be finished soon and I think your veg growing plans sound just the job! You are becoming a regular Charlie Dimmock!
    lovin' this site!
  • murie
    Options
    I have just seen this on HUKDs https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-10-amazon-voucher-with-orders-over-15-at-matalan-valid-today-11am-to-2pm-voucher-codes-live-at-11-am-2782851#comments

Might be useful if anyone wants to buy from Matalan today- my advice is to go through the App and get on it at 11sharp as they only have a limited number available. Keep the confirmation email as you will need to submit it to Voucher codes. It takes a while to come through (about 3 weeks) but its a 'free' £10 if you are planning to buy from Matalan anyway. Download the app first tho!!
    lovin' this site!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have decided to start a new tradition so we are going to go to Christmas markets starting this November. I have booked 2 nights in a Manchester hotel so we can shop till we drop .
  • Peppapig
    Peppapig Posts: 1,415 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Ha ha, def a three weetabix kind of day MURIE though I think I'm paying for it today.

CHRISSY that's a great tradition to start and lovely having the hotel so you don't have to struggle home at the end of the day.
    It's the most wonderful timeof the year :
  • girlinayellowdress
    Options
    Chrissy, lovely tradition and I know what you'll be planning at the hotel, it involves bubbles is my guess x
  • sammy_kaye18
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    We have decided to start a new tradition so we are going to go to Christmas markets starting this November. I have booked 2 nights in a Manchester hotel so we can shop till we drop .

My husband and me have that tradition too. We go away to Hereford christmas shopping every year and stay the night in a hotel without the kids just so we get our own little bit of alone time. :) we usually treat ourselves to lunch, see the cathedral do some shopping on the saturday, and then sunday my father comes over and meets us for breakfast and we exchange gifts.

We just missed the market last year though but had a lovely time, just hoping I can convince husband to go to a different one this year because I have been to the Bath and Bristol markets and they are fab too.
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    Current weightloss - 2lbs (week 1)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Chrissy, lovely tradition and I know what you'll be planning at the hotel, it involves bubbles is my guess x

Exactly ! Made sure hotel has a bath . Going lush tomorrow to buy bath bombs for next weeks trip .

How are you ?
  • girlinayellowdress
    girlinayellowdress Posts: 636 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Cashback Cashier Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 7 September 2017 at 7:16PM
    Options
    CHRISSYG wrote: »
    Exactly ! Made sure hotel has a bath . Going lush tomorrow to buy bath bombs for next weeks trip .

How are you ?

We're fine, took Ted to the groomers today, she was far from impressed, been sulking all afternoon
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Just quickly rushing in to say that Superdrug have Lynx shower gel for 95p at moment. Will nip in after work to get my brothers annual supply :D
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure