* I wish it could be Christmas every day * - It's the 2017 Christmas Chatter Thread

Options

Comments

• sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,664 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mandco wrote: »
    Just a quick one had an email today the matalan xmas shop is open :D

I may be some time..............

I have an ornament swap that Im taking part of in a site called Merry Forums Of My Merry Christmas so will get a few from there for her since Im sending to Alaska :-)
    Making Changes To Save My Life
    April step goal ~ 25,021 of 130,000 steps complete so far
  • loulabelle86
    Options
    Hello all! Hope you don't mind if I join the thread? Currently 19 weeks pregnant and not doing too well (having a rough pregnancy on top of ME and mental health issues) so I'm trying to focus on something nice - planning for Christmas!

Lou x
  • sammy_kaye18
    sammy_kaye18 Posts: 3,664 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome Loulabelle

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time with your pregnancy.. Will be well worth it in the end though x

Come on in, pull up a chair and enjoy the festivities with us
  • Treasurequeen
    Options
    Loulabelle Welcome to the thread.:)

New look website seems to be down at the moment and has been like it most of the day.
  • freespirit66
    freespirit66 Posts: 3,226 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone,

VULPIX aww have a lovely family meal tonight with DS and his girlfriend, wow £40k that just shows how much hard work you have put into the property, sending good luck vibes on seeing inside the bungalow

NIC grrr I hate that when I forget to copy what I have written and then the gremlins decide to make it disappear

MRSINVISIBLE glad you got your carpets cleaned in the end. Aww another new baby in the family how lovely

ELLIEW8 thankyou my lovely

MANDCO I'm just going to look at the Matalan site now :D

LOULABELLE I hope you start blooming very soon its hard when you feel so rough, Christmas is a great distraction

#103 1p Saving Challenge Back to Front 293.94/665.95Currently Reading: Christmas at Cedarwood Lodge - Rebecca Raisin Debt Free thanks to MSE
  • loulabelle86
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'm in the process of printing off my Christmas planner sheets, and have just ordered some autumny candles :) (thought I very nearly got scammed by a fraudulent website. Clearly this baby has stolen all my rational thought!)

Looking forward to seeing the change in season. Christmas has always been my go to "happy place" even though I find the run up to it quite stressful! There's just something magical about the season.
  • nic2075
    nic2075 Posts: 3,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I was in home bargains last night and bought the big Gingerbread Yankee style jar. I love these, I burned about 6 of them through the end of November and December last year. They just smell so much like christmas and like proper gingerbread, not the fake smell. And they are £2.99.
    My daughter thought I was daft when I said 'I'm so glad they are doing them again this year, I was panicing they wouldn't' she looked at me as if I was daft and said sarcastic,y ' you were actually panicking ? ' Yep I'm a saddo lol.
    :santa2::xmastree::santa2:
  • sammy_kaye18
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'm in the process of printing off my Christmas planner sheets, and have just ordered some autumny candles :)
    Looking forward to seeing the change in season. Christmas has always been my go to "happy place" even though I find the run up to it quite stressful! There's just something magical about the season.
    nic2075 wrote: »
    I was in home bargains last night and bought the big Gingerbread Yankee style jar. I love these, I burned about 6 of them through the end of November and December last year. They just smell so much like christmas and like proper gingerbread, not the fake smell. And they are £2.99.
    My daughter thought I was daft when I said 'I'm so glad they are doing them again this year, I was panicing they wouldn't' she looked at me as if I was daft and said sarcastic,y ' you were actually panicking ? ' Yep I'm a saddo lol.

I absolutely love candles. I get gifted a Yankee Candle every year by my sister in law for my birthday - she got me the Vanilla Cupcake one this year which I am yet to burn but I will start when the kids go back to school.

I also brought some in the B&M sale this year for 50p for 8 tealights - they are in frozen scents, winter berries and I think christmas spices but for 50p a pack I couldn't say no - they are in my christmas cupboard now so I will dig them out and start burning those when Im having a quiet moment.

I did look in Home Bargains the other week and they had a Raspberry Ripple candle that I am planning on getting for my sister and putting it with her handbag that I have brought her.
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    loulabelle86 welcome sorry your having a tough time hopefully things will settle down soon xmas is a great distraction though

Nic those gingerbread candles are lovely but were so hard to find here last year

Still haven't read back yet :o just been so busy with the kids birthdays and sorting college/school stuff
    dd did great in her exams A's & B's so very proud of her :D

There a newish card shop near me and they had some of last years xmas stock reduced to 1/2 price so picked up a few bits for the xmas elves activities

Kids are back at school next week so should have time to catch up properly then
    Tc all
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • mrsinvisible
    Options
    Well done, Mandco's DD you must have worked hard.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure