Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• Pedrobandito
    Options
    Cheers guys, cant see any work getting done this afternoon now I'm on MyVegas... :D
  • StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Best buffet I had was at Planet Hollywood... Good selection of tasty stuff, but what did it for me, was the Yukon Gold Mash potato and Gravy! doh!! something so simple, I was hooked on it like I was on crack ! :D:D

Cosmo buffet was pretty good too mind, good selection...

But Spice Market (Planet Hollywood) I say is tops, and handy when you get the groupon deals for it too !
  • Brats64
    Brats64 Posts: 465 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I think Mandalay Bay used to include free alcohol but has stopped it now.

We did the 2for1 a couple of trips back and added the champagne at about $7 each on the Friday brunch...as Bobby says everyone's opinion differs,but I will maintain there are many better options than MB on the strip.

It doesn't have to be fancy or expensive for us to enjoy a buffet,we are more than happy at the Orleans and MSS buffets.
  • stevie11
    stevie11 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    StuieUK34 wrote: »
    snip .... But Spice Market (Planet Hollywood) I say is tops, and handy when you get the groupon deals for it too !

Of the buffets I've dined at I have to agree with Spice Market, even better with Groupon ;). Havent't dined at Ceasers, Balagio or Venetion so can't compare.

My worst experience was Palace Station evening buffet but what can you expect for about $10.

Re the drinks at Mandalay Bay, all you can drink was $7 when we stayed in Dec and they even let us take a couple of bottles out with us to keep us going.
  • Misty_Blue
    Misty_Blue Posts: 876 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Re: buffets, Wicked Spoon at The Cosmo is very good, and I liked Aria. Bellagio was okay, nothing really special IMO. I have the MyVegas reward for Mandalay Bay this trip, never tried it before.
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • Pedrobandito
    Options
    I'm glad I'm the only one in the office today, am up to 4,000 points so far :)
  • Misty_Blue
    Misty_Blue Posts: 876 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I'm glad I'm the only one in the office today, am up to 4,000 points so far :)

You can do the mobile version and My Konami slots as well to increase your loyalty points. The amount of chips isn't synched but the loyalty points are.
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Buffets are very subjective. We like Aria on a 2 for 1. Can't be beat in our opinion. Bellagio was decidedly average last trip. Not really worth the price tag.

To be honest we rarely do an on strip buffet unless we have a discount of some sort. We prefer off strip places and happy hours for our meals.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    pebblesmax wrote: »
    Buffets are very subjective. We like Aria on a 2 for 1. Can't be beat in our opinion. Bellagio was decidedly average last trip. Not really worth the price tag.

To be honest we rarely do an on strip buffet unless we have a discount of some sort. We prefer off strip places and happy hours for our meals.

We are the same, All strip buffets are overpriced and the quality has gone down in recent years, so we eat off strip

ie breakfast buffets are much the same everywhere on strip around $20 off strip as low as £6.

we stopped doing Dinner buffets a few years ago unless we have a 2 for 1

last time we went to Planet hollywood buffet we vowed never to go again it was so poor compared to previous visits, another on the strip that was dire was Monte Carlo.

If you want to spend mega bucks on a buffet then the Wynn and Caesers are good (at least they were a few years back)
  • martmonk
    martmonk Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For me just about the best value myvegas reward is Mirage 241 buffet. Quality of food is decent and it includes drinks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure