Options

Comments

• StuieUK34
    StuieUK34 Posts: 2,098 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dueling Pianos at Times Square = Super Awesome!! :D
    We didn't go this year due to having the teen with us :(
    But each trip beforehand, we get the x2 $50 and combine them, tip your bar guy good and you might find u end up with $130 worth of drinks for your $100....

in 2013/14, it was $75 voucher (x2), and as we all know, my 2013 episode in Times Square bar in NYNY = my head in the bin on the bridge between NYNY & Excal ! :D:D:D

Cover charge is higher on the weekend (if u have to pay that is! ;) ) , but we only used ours on Thurs & Fri nights......

oooooowwwwww, I missing Vegas already !!!!
  • Lee399
    Lee399 Posts: 51 Forumite
    edited 18 July 2017 at 11:57AM
    Options
    We just started to look at Groupon for some things to do in September, not sure if its been mentioned before but they now take PayPal so no messing around with made up USA addresses for payment.

We got a 50% off code for first signing up and used it against a deal at Vince Neil's Tatuado Eat Drink Party at Circus Circus, 2 Steaks,sides, bottle of wine and cheesecake with the 50% deal was $19 so even if its only average not a bad deal.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/vince-neil-s-tatuado-eat-drink-party
  • Hovis91
    Hovis91 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Options
    Lee399 wrote: »
    We just started to look at Groupon for some things to do in September, not sure if its been mentioned before but they now take PayPal so no messing around with made up USA addresses for payment.

We got a 50% off code for first signing up and used it against a deal at Vince Neil's Tatuado Eat Drink Party at Circus Circus, 2 Steaks,sides, bottle of wine and cheesecake with the 50% deal was $19 so even if its only average not a bad deal.

https://www.groupon.com/deals/vince-neil-s-tatuado-eat-drink-party

That's great news..... In the past when. Have tried to use it I ended up getting OH and my debit/credit card blocked so I always stuck to Travelzoo where I had no problems!!!
  • dontone
    dontone Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Don't know about the lady , I think parking is still free for guests at MSS and California but don't count on it.

On the strip if you have a car it is now over $50 a night in xtra fees at today's exchange that is £40 a night:(

Oh my. That's ridiculous. :mad:
    I can't help but think that they want to price the ordinary folk out. I had a look at a map of the Strip last night that had highlighted in various colours, who charged, and who didn't. There was lots of yellow, which meant you had to pay.
    I think there was only Venetian/Palazzo, Wynn/Encore (but I think that's changing isn't it?) The Fashion Mall, SLS, Hooters & Tropicana that was in green - which was free (not featured was Circus Circus & Stratosphere, which are free for the first 24 hours apparently)
    Even the Americans are complaining that it's costing too much, and it doesn't take much for them to start complaining. I love the place, but it's gotten greedy. :(
    I think it's going to be a long time before we get to go back, I'm afraid.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • hullfc
    Options
    Hi

Long time reader of the threads here, great work.

Done Vegas 5 times, 6th coming up in 5 weeks. (just miss the fight )

Looking for a bit of Myvegas advice if anyone can help.

Currently have 535k+ gold LP's, I've used one reward for a 2 night stay in Excalibur (total 5 nights out of the 9 night stay).
    I have 3 hotel rewards left, does anyone know if I can use a reward to get another night or a discount night at another hotel (Mandalay for example)

What does the 3 rewards cover? and what else can I get on top of these.

Last time out I only had enough for 3 buffets and a monorail pass. (will get one of those again).

Don't want to cancel too many more as I already cancelled 2 rewards as the free nights didn't fit

Cheers in advance
  • pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can only redeem one hotel night reward at a time, at least I think that is still the case. If you try to book another it won't let you do it.

Try a buffet reward or two. The third party rewards can be used in addition to your MGM rewards.
  • hullfc
    hullfc Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    Thanks for that

Its not looking that cheap then for the last 4 nights, and no huge offers on Mlife. will just have to bite the bullet and hope my mate, a new Myvegas player, has enough LP's for something off a booking

Anyone know about any restrictions on the $50 bar credit at Times Square? (other than you need to be in A MGM resort)
  • Misty_Blue
    Misty_Blue Posts: 876 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    hullfc wrote: »
    Anyone know about any restrictions on the $50 bar credit at Times Square? (other than you need to be in A MGM resort)

I have this one. On my confirmation email it says:

This reward requires a one night minimum room stay at any MGM Resorts International property. Please present your reservation confirmation number at the M life desk in order to redeem this reward. Not valid during special events. Cover Charge may apply. Management reserves all rights. Subject to availability. Up to $50 Value. Offer is non-transferable. Must be 21 years of age or older and a member of M life (free to join at mlife.com) to redeem. Blackout Dates (2017): 12/25/2016, 12/30/2016, 12/31/2016, 1/1/2017, 2/4, 2/5, 7/22-7/27, 11/23, 11/24, 12/24, 12/25, 12/31, 1/1/2018.
    Egg Loan - [strike]£4921.84[/strike] £0!! :j Barclaycard - £3866.47 Legal + Trade - [strike]£2700.96[/strike] £0!! :j Triton - [strike]£1730.89[/strike] £0!! :j Next - [STRIKE]£776.15[/STRIKE] £126.88 Littlewoods - [strike]£217.16[/strike] £0!! :j Housemate - [strike]£1300[/strike] £0!! :j Capital One - [STRIKE]£1652.51[/STRIKE] £1,081.58 Vanquis - [strike]£2337.75[/strike] £375.58
    A Payment A Day - £379.02 to Egg.
  • Winter_Jasmine
    Options
    "Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want now"

MFW: Mortgage Cleared!!! 14 1/2 years early :D
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,158 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    dontone wrote: »
    Oh my. That's ridiculous. :mad:
    I can't help but think that they want to price the ordinary folk out. I had a look at a map of the Strip last night that had highlighted in various colours, who charged, and who didn't. There was lots of yellow, which meant you had to pay.
    I think there was only Venetian/Palazzo, Wynn/Encore (but I think that's changing isn't it?) The Fashion Mall, SLS, Hooters & Tropicana that was in green - which was free (not featured was Circus Circus & Stratosphere, which are free for the first 24 hours apparently)
    Even the Americans are complaining that it's costing too much, and it doesn't take much for them to start complaining. I love the place, but it's gotten greedy. :(
    I think it's going to be a long time before we get to go back, I'm afraid.

There was a reference to Resort Fees on " Rip off Britain,holidays " on friday morning,a gentleman and his wife were complaining that these fees were hidden when booking holidays in Las Vegas.The strange thing was that they had been going to Vegas for years so must have known all about them but went on and on about this " hidden " fee.:eek:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure