Contact transport arrangements

Well the age old arguement has once again popped up by my ex , apparently hes doing me a favour and has been for the past 3 years dropping the kids home from his contact .

Can I have oppinions please, he lives 8 miles away ( his choice ) works from home and collects and drops the kids off from mid week contact and weekend contact .

Do most absent parents during contact do this . He is in the mind that it is shared.

Thanksin advance

Comments

• caprikid1
    caprikid1 Posts: 2,117
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I guess fair would be, one drop the other collect ?

No idea what you agreed.
  • nothing was ever agreed , he just did it . It wasnt until he moved that he decided I should contribute to the travel arrangements.

I work full time and use the time he has them to make vital time up. When he returns them on the Sunday its before the shops are open haha . I dont mind however it restricts me if I want to go away for the weekend .
  • nothing was ever agreed , he just did it . It wasnt until he moved that he decided I should contribute to the travel arrangements.

I work full time and use the time he has them to make vital time up. When he returns them on the Sunday its before the shops are open haha . I dont mind however it restricts me if I want to go away for the weekend .

Yes children are a bit of an inconvenience aren't they..
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I would have thought it should be a joint effort???

I can just about remember far enough back that dad took us to a halfway point to meet my mum

Perhaps if 8 miles is too far, then you also could have a meeting point?
  • not at all, god forbid me wanting a little time to myself.
  • this is the thing , it was his choice to move. Its not far to be fair, I know many people who travel alot further to see their kids.

There were plenty of areas near to where the children live.

Guess Ill never know his reasonings.
  • Guest101
    Guest101 Posts: 15,764 Forumite
    Well the age old arguement has once again popped up by my ex , apparently hes doing me a favour and has been for the past 3 years dropping the kids home from his contact .

Can I have oppinions please, he lives 8 miles away ( his choice ) - What do you mean 'his choice' surely you don't want him living next door? 8 Miles is at worst 30 minutes? works from home and collects and drops the kids off from mid week contact and weekend contact . Do you drive?

Do most absent - he's not an 'absent' parent. It's actually incredibly rude to use that term. parents during contact do this . He is in the mind that it is shared.

Thanksin advance

Most parents compromise.
  • KateBob
    KateBob Posts: 1,789
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Guest101 wrote: »
    Most parents compromise.

I was half way through almost the same response when I spotted yours.

Seems sensible to share what is currently him traveling 64 miles a week for contact.

If you wanted a weekend away could you not just ask him to have them slightly longer, as an occasional longer visit?
    Kate short for Bob.

Alphabet thread High Priestess of all things unsavoury

Tesla was a genius.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    this is the thing , it was his choice to move. Its not far to be fair, I know many people who travel alot further to see their kids.

There were plenty of areas near to where the children live.

Guess Ill never know his reasonings.

But also close to where you live
  • not at all, god forbid me wanting a little time to myself.

It's only 8 miles away.. and I'm sure the children's father would also like 'a bit of time to himself' too. But you've both got children.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure