Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Skinnies and leggings give me carrot legs. No matter how much weight I lose I still have chunky legs sadly, even when I was running regularly. I can't think of a more positive description. I can see how they would work with tunic tops for an apple shape though.

The thirty jumpers fit surprisingly well on my half of the clothes rack as I only own a couple of 'event' dresses (packed away) and no shirts. My daily wear tops and vest tops are kondo'ed and live in the chest of drawers. I probably have 30 each of those as well actually. Have a really bad habit of buying multiples of things that I like.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,729 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I have x amount of tunic tops and not one jumper! I think it's because of my appleness ( if there is such a word!) - I feel too bulky. If I'm cold I've a couple of thin polar fleece type tops that I put on.

I must admit that I'm always on the prowl in M&S for tunic tops. Theirs are the best I think for quality but I have to be quick as my size always sells out fast in store or online. Mind you they don't seem to be selling as many as they used to - they appear to have lost their way and are trying to produce stuff that would feature in Vogue - but forgetting about what their loyal customer base would like!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello :wave: Its been far too long since I visited. Sorry :(

Hope you're on the mend..and those holiday bookings look fab. A week off work when you're employed can never be a bad thing tho, a silver lining (well not really as you had d bad sprain but you know what I mean) so you can breathe?

I would forget the ironing..much too nice a day :D

Hope you have a good week

Brizzl x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope the weather has not been to much of a trial for you SSG . I say this as my DS spent two days with work in London Town and couldn't get over how hot the tube was in rush hour.

Is the wrist ok now ? Am sure you will have plans for the weekend, so enjoy.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sorry about your wrist SSG, what a pain in more ways than one :(.

I'm a bit of an apple shape too (although not tall :() so I find slim jeans suit me best. If I could lose 10 pounds I'd get my waist back :mad:.

Hope you're having a good weekend and your wrist keeps improving.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Hello :wave: Its been far too long since I visited. Sorry :(

Hope you're on the mend..and those holiday bookings look fab. A week off work when you're employed can never be a bad thing tho, a silver lining (well not really as you had d bad sprain but you know what I mean) so you can breathe?

I would forget the ironing..much too nice a day :D

Hope you have a good week

Brizzl x

Hi brizzle thanks for popping in. You're right about the time off work due to the sprain. It was still good to potter about at home and not have to worry about work!:)
    Hope the weather has not been to much of a trial for you SSG . I say this as my DS spent two days with work in London Town and couldn't get over how hot the tube was in rush hour.

Is the wrist ok now ? Am sure you will have plans for the weekend, so enjoy.

I'm quite lucky Cumbria in that I commute on the overground - which is air-conditioned on my line thankfully! I really feel for those who travel in on the tube - though. It's like a sauna down there!:(

Wrist is a lot better thanks. I saw the physio at the hospital on Friday. He said it's on its way and has told me to concentrate on some specific exercises now. I have to keep the splint on at night and also when I'm out and about. I've got to go back in a months time.
    Sorry about your wrist SSG, what a pain in more ways than one :(.

I'm a bit of an apple shape too (although not tall :() so I find slim jeans suit me best. If I could lose 10 pounds I'd get my waist back :mad:.

Hope you're having a good weekend and your wrist keeps improving.

Thanks Hairy. I've lost 2lbs this week but I think I was being over-optimistic when I said losing 7lbs should get me back in those tight jeans! 10lbs is more realistic I think!:(. I've been good though and cut out all cakes, biscuits and other processed sugary foods.

I've had a full week back at work and it's been kn*ck*ring! Work is still very busy and the heat hasn't helped. I've been going to bed around 8.30-9pm each evening! Boss was really nice though on Friday. I texted him when I came out of the physio to let him know what time I'd be in work. He texted back and said it was too hot to come into work and to take the day off!:T

I went into the Staff Benefits portal at work and I've up'd my monthly pension contributions again so I'm now paying in just over £500 per month. With the employer contribution and tax rebate it means I've got just over £1,100 paying into my pension monthly!:T. I really wish I had started this earlier!

Other money related issues:

- I'm having my yearly rant at the amount my flat's freeholder charges for the yearly buildings insurance premium - £374 which includes £20 "admin fee!":mad:

- Transferred over £20 to D Sis for flowers for Mum and Dad's grave.

- £8.93 has gone over as a Tilly tidy to Ad Hoc Savings.

- £10 for Boss's birthday pressie. This was part of his gift from the desk - but I ordered the pressie - golf store voucher but I got £5.14 from top Cashback!:). £4.82 Cashback available now so have winged that over. £57.28 currently pending.

- just over £23 on PA - waiting for approval on part of it then will transfer across.

Another lovely day today - had brunch outside with my friend this morning. Ironing later on this afternoon - but not too much!:D

Have a lovely Sunday everyone.
    🌟
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Glad your wrist is healing. It sounds like you're on top of things. Enjoy your ironing ;) that's what I'm doing atm.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks Hairy. I'm currently sitting with a nice cold glass of Sparkling water and reading diaries! Ironing is beginning to fade away......:D
    🌟
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Sounds like a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon :).
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,218 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I managed to iron one whole school shirt before I gave up.

Sorry to read about your wrist, nasty. Here's to a speedy recovery.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback