Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Good luck with the weight loss SSG, there always seems more incentive at this time of year.

The sandals sound nice and a good discount. The front door paint job looks great I bet :).

I hope work gets easier, why must they always meddle and make things worse :mad:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    SSG I bought new sandals in my stash as well, of all places from Wynsors , not sure if they exist down south . More than happy with them for work. I must say though my fave shoes for home and holidays are FitFlops , I have a new pair stashed away for Australia. This summer I have bronze ones, they last me about 3 summers one pair.

We are upgrading computers at work , the go live date gets cancelled every month , maybe when I retire it may come in. I am glad you are going to see Tina Turner in the end .

Have a good week.
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Over a week since I posted - time is flying past and it's nearly halfway through the year already!:eek:
    Good luck with the weight loss SSG, there always seems more incentive at this time of year.

The sandals sound nice and a good discount. The front door paint job looks great I bet :).

I hope work gets easier, why must they always meddle and make things worse :mad:.
    SSG I bought new sandals in my stash as well, of all places from Wynsors , not sure if they exist down south . More than happy with them for work. I must say though my fave shoes for home and holidays are FitFlops , I have a new pair stashed away for Australia. This summer I have bronze ones, they last me about 3 summers one pair.

We are upgrading computers at work , the go live date gets cancelled every month , maybe when I retire it may come in. I am glad you are going to see Tina Turner in the end .

Have a good week.

Hi Hairy and Cumbria - work last week was manic again - I was so pleased to see the end of it!

Cumbria - I haven't seen Wynsors down our way but Pavers seem to be dotted around the north when I've visited. I've bought comfortable sandals and trainers there over the years at reasonable prices.

Bit of a mare though over the sandals I ordered - one pair was too small and they sent me the wrong size on the other pair. So I've had to re-order. :(

At the moment I've just left Chester station where I've been for my birthday weekend with DD. I've never been there before and it's a lovely little city. Excellent shopping centre - which we did on Saturday. I bought a couple of long pendant type necklaces, which is my favourite type of jewellery, and some travel shoe bags. . DD bought some summer bits in Zara, some shirts for her OH and a painting that's now got to be shipped to her home!:eek:

We did the touristy things yesterday, including the Cathedral, Roman amphitheater and garden, the hop on and off bus, which we always do to get a feel of where we are. We also decided to walk around the city walls - it was scorching - we got half way round then saw a little wine bar below with a four piece jazz band playing - so we decided to go down there, have a nice cold drink in the shade and listen to the band! It was bliss!

So poor DD was up at the crack of dawn today as she had an early meeting - I was leisurely - got up and a had a nice breakfast then read my book in the shade in the Cathedral garden until it was time to pick up my suitcase and get to the station.

I've now got the rest of the week off from work - more bliss!:).

Will sign off for now as the iPad is is quite low on energy. Will catch up with everyone tonight.

Enjoy the rest of the day!
    SSG x
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Your weekend sounds lovely :). I love Roman remains, shopping and wine bars . You had gorgeous weather too. Happy birthday btw :bdaycake:
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,408 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Belated happy birthday :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Munchin
    Munchin Posts: 2,816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I’m a bit late but Happy birthday _party_:bdaycake:
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,360 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy belated birthday from me too :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you all for your birthday wishes! My birthday was actually in April though! I'm so sorry - I should have wrote that it was my birthday present weekend (from DD and OH), rather than my birthday weekend. But the cakes look delish!:D

I got home yesterday to a rather lovely surprise. My firm had written to me to let me know that as this month is a significant anniversary for the firm, and as I am a founding staff member, that I've been awarded £2,000!::j:j:j:j. I'm absolutely over the moon and even after tax it will be a princely sum. So it's going towards a rather nice holiday - when I can decide where I'm going! It also makes up for all the long hours I've put in at work recently.

Today I was going to do so much as I didn't have time last week to even get my housework done. Instead I've been catching up with my recorded TV programmes. I also watched the new Netflix series "Dietland" which looks like it might be very good. But I did get some washing done.

Also finished my latest book called "Our House". Quite a good psychological thriller - the premise being what if you came home one day and found another family moving into your house.....

So tomorrow will be housework and ironing and popping round to see a friend. DSis is coming round with little nephew on Thursday which will be great as I haven't seen him for a while.

Surveys haven't been that good lately - I actually opened PA the other day to five surveys! But as I hadn't had time to open PA lately they were no longer valid. :mad: Opinium is still popping up and I've had a couple from YouGov but it'll be a while before I get a payout from these.

Have a good evening everyone!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    wow, what a lovely surprise with the bonus. I'd be jumping for joy too
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    What fantastic news about the bonus :). Enjoy your week off.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure