Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Great to hear the Inverness journey went well unlike the Tina Turner trip. These things happen I guess. I bet your DSis is disappointed as well .

Have a lovely BH weekend with DD and OH .
  • brizzlegirl
    brizzlegirl Posts: 1,260 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Boo to the wrong times, what a pain. Ive done that before too... with a concert or two and a Peter Postlethwaite performace (clearly its not possible to get an alternative, he died some time after :( ) now put everything in an electronic diary which I send invites from to whomever is involved. Sounds a bit formal but it had helped us avoid that type of thing more recently

Enjoy the Highlands...sounds idyllic x
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Your Scotland trip sounds brilliant SSG. I'll be flying to Inverness Airport in July, it's a lovely approach isn't it?

Sorry about Tina Turner though, what a shame.

It is a lovely approach on the plane Hairy - does your family live in Inverness? I've not really explored the town properly - next time I'm up I'll have a mooch!
    sounds like a lovely place. enjoy the break
    Great to hear the Inverness journey went well unlike the Tina Turner trip. These things happen I guess. I bet your DSis is disappointed as well .

Have a lovely BH weekend with DD and OH .

Thanks inod and Cumbria - I make a point of not travelling on Bank Holiday weekends because there are always delays and everywhere is crowded. But the journey up was very good - here's to a stress free return home!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    My sister lives about forty minutes drive from Inverness SSG. It's a beautiful county but I don't know the city that well, only been to Lidl there (my sister is a massive Lidl fan) and walked by the Caledonial Canal :rotfl:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Boo to the wrong times, what a pain. Ive done that before too... with a concert or two and a Peter Postlethwaite performace (clearly its not possible to get an alternative, he died some time after :( ) now put everything in an electronic diary which I send invites from to whomever is involved. Sounds a bit formal but it had helped us avoid that type of thing more recently

Enjoy the Highlands...sounds idyllic x

Hi brizzle. That's a really good idea on the electronic invites. I'm going to suggest it to the family. DSis is usually very organised - she's putting the mistake down down to booking three lots of tickets on the same day and the general chaos time during the run up to Christmas!

Another lovely day here in the Highlands! DD and OH have gone cragging this morning - they set off quite early and will be back some time after lunch. I've been pottering around and not long finished a late breakfast! From the living room window I've been watching some sheep in the next field being herded by two sheepdogs. They're so clever.

I got paid on Friday so have been sorting out YNAB for the month. Since Friday I've spent £6 on coffee and sandwich at the airport, £65 on mattress and pillow protectors in Tesco for the new house (new home pressie for DD and OH), and £10.50 on ice creams yesterday!
    🌟
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    My sister lives about forty minutes drive from Inverness SSG. It's a beautiful county but I don't know the city that well, only been to Lidl there (my sister is a massive Lidl fan) and walked by the Caledonial Canal :rotfl:.

I've only been to the big Tesco (see my previous post) and an outdoors shop! Oh and stayed in a hotel overnight once when my plane was late due to fog!:rotfl:
    🌟
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    We're equally ignorant then, it's probably a fabulous place :rotfl:
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,357 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Boo to the missed Tina Turner musical :(

Have a fab time in the highlands :)

So far the Rimmel powder isn't a patch on the Clinique one but will persevere. It leaves a white deposit whereas the Clinique one doesn't. You only get what you pay for.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hoping your return to home is as smooth as your departure. DS had a few problems today getting home from London but got here eventually, another ticket to reclaim on.

Bet you wish you were staying up there , in the beautiful highlands .
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    We're equally ignorant then, it's probably a fabulous place :rotfl:

Yes - I must definitely get round to visiting next time I'm up there!
    Sun_Addict wrote: »
    Boo to the missed Tina Turner musical :(

Have a fab time in the highlands :)

So far the Rimmel powder isn't a patch on the Clinique one but will persevere. It leaves a white deposit whereas the Clinique one doesn't. You only get what you pay for.

I won't bother trying out the Rimmel then SA. Thanks for the tip.
    Hoping your return to home is as smooth as your departure. DS had a few problems today getting home from London but got here eventually, another ticket to reclaim on.

Bet you wish you were staying up there , in the beautiful highlands .

Thanks Cumbria. The journey home was trouble free. Flight on time and train journeys were spot on as well so I got home just after 4.30pm on the Bank Holiday Monday.

Then back to work on the Tuesday. :( still getting used to the new system but everything takes up so much time compared to previously. :mad:

Re Tina Turner - DD wants to see it so she went and bought two tickets for next month and is treating me to a performance!:j. Have asked her to check the timing of course!:D.

I went and spent c.£30 on a new loo brush set and bathroom waste bin from Amazon for the guest en-suite for the Scottish house - had it delivered to DD at work. I'm going to have to watch myself on the spends here as they've got quite a few bits to buy for it!

Anyway I decided I've got to really knuckle down to the weight business so have been good since I got back on cutting out the crap eats. DD is taking me away next weekend, which is my my birthday present from her and OH so I will weigh myself on Friday before I leave.

This month I've got two birthdays of good friends, plus boss's birthday, but the whole work desk contributes to that - £10 each. I've got a few extra cards to buy for - other birthdays, plus an anniversary.

I had my monthly pedicure yesterday - my feet feel so much nicer as the hard skin had began to build up since I've started wearing sandals - also went for a lovely, bright red varnish instead of the rouge noir I've been wearing. Ive got my hair appointment this week as well.

I had my new front door painted yesterday plus the doorstep and outside surround stained - materials and labour came to £80 but I had budgeted for it.

And I bought some sandals from Marisota as I had a 25% off and free delivery code. I needed some dressy sandals for summer and bought a really nice glittery rose gold pair that were reduced to £22.50 from £28 and another pair of white leather sandals that will do for day and work, again reduced the same. This will all come from clothes budget.

This afternoon I'm off out for some drinks with a couple of friends - hopefully sitting out in the sunshine, but I'll be sticking to slimline tonic with my vodka!:D

SSG x
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts