Paid off the £31,000! BUT - still scrimping!

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Wow you are having a super week. Glad to see you were in the North West , Chester is a lovely place and a favourite place of mine. You did all the tourist sites I see. Coming home to a bonus how lovely, have you anywhere in mind yet .

Enjoy the rest of your week off .
  • Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks peeps!

I've been thinking about where to go Cumbria - one thing I've been looking at lately and have decided that I really want to do is a cruise along the Norwegian coast stopping off at all the towns and then hitting the far north where you can see the Northern Lights in all their glory. However I'm taking off time from work later on in the year for the kitchen refurbishment and I've also booked out other days so I don't think I'll have the holiday left to do a cruise this year so I'm definitely making it one to aim for next year.

I spoke to DD last night and I've decided that I'm going to treat both of us to a long weekend in New York. We both love the place (its joint on the leaderboard for me along with Florence as my fave place!). I've been there several times and what we normally do is fly in on Thanksgiving day and have a Thanksgiving meal in the evening - Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday so then we fly back on the Sunday evening and arrive home early on the Monday morning. New York is wonderful that time of year - it's already gearing itself up for Christmas and everywhere is so festive. DD and I do have some Virgin Atlantic airmiles left as well from our last trip a couple of years ago, but I've got to check as I think they expire soon so will have to get the flights booked!

DSis and little nephew came over yesterday as he had the afternoon off school. I treated them to lunch and then we popped over to a small children's park near me and he ran around and let off some energy! He is totally fearless when it comes to climbing etc - I told DSis she should send him along with DD on one of her next climbing expeditions!

Today I have my friend coming to stay for the weekend - she's arriving around tea time so hopefully the weather will stay as glorious as it is at the moment for the rest of the weekend.

Can't believe it's Friday already and I'll be back at my desk on Tuesday. :(. I could get used to this staying at home lark........

Have a good day everyone!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • System
    Options
    SSG my favourite place New York I have been nine times , always around thanksgiving. What a fabulous idea , for you and DD . That is what I hope to do next year , if I can get the debt down quite a bit more.

Have a great weekend with your friend, hope the weather is kind to you.
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    Thanks Cumbria - how coincidental that you love New York at the same time as I do! The first time I went was in June and it was lovely but after arriving on Thanksgiving on my second trip that settled it for me!

See you there next November perhaps........?:D
    🌟
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,172 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I love Chester too, it was the preferred local day out for shopping even as a teenager. Lincoln feels quite similar too although I've not been there for years either.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Another ny vote from me. We have also done the Norwegian cruise into the arctic circle. It's amazing
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'd love to go to New York, it's definitely on my bucket list, so thzt sounds amazing SSG. A cruise around Norway sounds wonderful too :),
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,365 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I bet NY will be wonderful that time of year. My mum went for new year's eve many years ago, she loved it. Norway also sounds fab, my cousin did that cruise a couple of years ago - the photos were amazing.

Good to have something in the pipeline to look forward to :)
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • System
    Options
    Can't believe it's nearly the end of my working week again. Hope the return to work has been kind to you SSG . Meant to ask are you still doing Pilates , or is it on the back burner for the moment ?
  • Seasidegal58
    Options
    I love Chester too, it was the preferred local day out for shopping even as a teenager. Lincoln feels quite similar too although I've not been there for years either.

I went Lincoln a couple of years ago redo - another of our beautiful old cities. - It had a marvellous Christmas market - one of the biggest I've been to - absolutely freezing though!
    🌟
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business