22 Foxhole East

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
3.5K replies 422.1K views

Replies

• edited 17 May at 3:01PM
    kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 17 May at 3:01PM
    Just managed to catch a break in the rain to hoover out the car. Started bucketing before i could do DH though. 
    When I first read ladies fingers i thought of the sponge fingers used in trifle (or eaten straight from the pack in my case). Isn't okra an essential ingredient for proper Gumbo? I'm sure I've seen it deep fried on the menu too in the Southern States (along with fried green tomatoes and fried pickles...yum)
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It appears today is the spurious random payments day for the Tax Credits that I am no longer entitled to.  Check your bank accounts!
    MFW#65 Aug 21 = £81,500.00 next target = £80k in December 2021 Daily interest £4.02 next target = sub £4
    E/F £19,000 but I still need a new roof and an extension and the loft boarding out.
    NSTurtle # 2 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.
  • jennystarpepperjennystarpepper Forumite
    275 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    What's going in your planters, veg or flowers...or both?  We have lots of peas planted this year, they are looking a bit sad due to the lack of sun, but the weeds are coming in a treat thanks to the rain.
    MFW -  25.09.21  £64358
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jennystarpepper we had mint in the garden at our previous house, inherited from prev owners...i managed to kill it. I swapped some chives for some mint with a friend a couple of years ago for our current house...i managed to kill it. Apparently I am not good at growing mint.
    I have lots of tomato plants currently growing from seeds i saved from a supermarket tom but I think I've chosen the worst possible year to grow them. They are still quite small and I'm bringing them in at night to keep the slugs off them but if i see any tomatoes this summer it will be a miracle. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• jennystarpepperjennystarpepper Forumite
    275 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    kerri_gt said:
    @jennystarpepper we had mint in the garden at our previous house, inherited from prev owners...i managed to kill it. I swapped some chives for some mint with a friend a couple of years ago for our current house...i managed to kill it. Apparently I am not good at growing mint.
    I have lots of tomato plants currently growing from seeds i saved from a supermarket tom but I think I've chosen the worst possible year to grow them. They are still quite small and I'm bringing them in at night to keep the slugs off them but if i see any tomatoes this summer it will be a miracle. 
    My Tommy and Cucumber plants are looking a bit sad... very sad TBF and small.  I do find they 'pick-up' with fresh rain water.  

LOL, poor mint, I did tell Mr Pepper I  needed to let part of my 'fav' plant go to seed and re-sow.... I'll save you some seed!!  

MFW -  25.09.21  £64358