We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• hugglemonster
    hugglemonster Posts: 1,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done on passing your probationary period a week and great news on the outcome from the Met, it will be such a weight off your mind when it's all done and dusted.

Sounds like a busy weekend ahead, have fun!

H x
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Finally made it to Friday :j :beer:

I remembered I haven't done my round up for February, so here goes:
    * Moving house is a pain
    * Saving money is about finding the right balance (I'm still looking)
    * Despite being on MSE for many years, I still need to learn to budget
    * Accidents happen, just need to learn from them
    * I like my job, think the company will be here for a while
    * Keep to £10 spending allowance per week
    * Keep taking lunch to work.

Love this!:T Great news from the met!
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    I like your update, it's so true. It's all about finding the best way constantly. It's not a one and done process. It's easy sometimes to feel like we should have cracked it by now but life's not like that. You figure out one thing and two things change :)

Here's to a great March for you and yours :)

Exactly, it is ever changing especially with the kids being about now too.

Here to a great March to you too xx
    Well done on passing your probationary period a week and great news on the outcome from the Met, it will be such a weight off your mind when it's all done and dusted.

Sounds like a busy weekend ahead, have fun!

H x

Thank you, yes it will be I can then concentrate on moving.
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    Love this!:T Great news from the met!

Thanks yes, I was expecting the worse due to everything that was thrown in to the mix that day.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Course has been booked, there was one at a hotel near to the new house so have gone for that, it's on the 13th April and we will (hopefully) have moved by then....course involves theory and practical with a driving tutor and is a full day thing....total cost £165.50 but worth it.

I definitely do need to keep on top of NSD's and my weekly allowances now that's been paid.

We are so close to the £8k mark too, which is also an incentive to me.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Brilliant. And not too pricey either.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

That was rather unusual, sleeping nicely but got rudely awaken by a headache? Tried to ignore it but it got worse so out of bed at 6.15am, painkillers and half an hour snooze on the couch and it's gone. At least I stopped it before it got to migraine stage.

So on to today, got lots to do. Need to nip to the opticians to pick up DH's contact lenses and book the kids in for an eye test. Off to Wokingham armed with a tape measure to measure the windows and other bits at the new house. DH told me yesterday that we'll be meeting the current owner instead of the EA, kids have been told they've to be on their best behaviour.

Also got loads of washing to do.

DD walked home from school yesterday, her school is the only one in the area that doesn't allow it until after Easter, although they can walk to school? Anyway the CM collected her and as agreed once they'd crossed the road she made her way home. She said she felt rather grown up :rotfl: next week, she is going to walk to school one morning and home another day. By the time we move, she'll be prepared.

Not much else to report, yet.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hope the headache is gone. Must be nice for DD to have that independence.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are you packing yet? When's your actual move date?
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Hope the headache is gone. Must be nice for DD to have that independence.

Headache gone although I am tired now. DD is growing up too fast, not sure I'm ready for her independence :)
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    Are you packing yet? When's your actual move date?

Packing? Nope, we're getting the removals men to do it, we're just packing important and sentimental stuff.

Move date planned for 10th April :j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Busy day today, kids booked in for next Saturday with the opticians and DH got his contact lenses.

Wandered over to Wokingham, showed DS his new school and reshowed DD where her new school is then took a drive over to the new house and met the owner, he seems very sporty lol they are leaving a shed load of stuff, so that saves us buying new stuff and curtains too so we didn't have to measure Windows etc.

The drier they have is a very economical one, it senses when clothes are dry and stops, not like our 10 year old one :rotfl: they also have HIVE installed and the bloke said he'll arrange to get it switched over to us nearer the time.

We have worked out dates between us and they're ready to go as are we and between us we are aiming for the 10th April, which works with the Easter holidays. DH will book the 13th off as I have my driving course but all falling in to place now.

Took a walk over to a local country park not far from the house, it's lovely, has a big pond and an adventure playground and will be nice to take a picnic in the summer.

We're not going to the 21st tomorrow as we've so much to sort tomorrow, we just haven't got time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport