Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Result! Just found £5 in my purse, wonder how long that's been there?
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    When my fitbit was on its last legs ad not working right I went on fitbit chat on their site and they ended up completely replacing mine with a new one! try that.... free!!xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks for the tip hun, I'll have a nosy over there later.

Moneyhub is having a technical problem and the support guys will take 5 working days to sort it, glad I'm not paying for it at the monent.

I used my found £5 and bought some stamps so I could send off the forms for DD, that's a weight lifted :)

Used 50p of my allowance and bought some water this morning, so far I'm on track and may even be able to buy my lunch on Friday at this rate.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    General
    * Pay £3k off CC minimum - £250 pm – keep monthly tally
    * Declutter properly – eBay/Amazon/Charity shop – anything sold, transfer money over to budgets - DONE, sort of
    * Decorate both kids rooms - A must if we are going to put the house up for sale - DONE
    * No alcohol days/months
    * No spend days/weeks
    * Save the change towards Christmas
    * Wombling – Need to master this one :)
    * Set up budget for – Car (insurances, taxes, services)/Water/Council Tax/Home/Gas/Electric/Birthdays - £70pm???
    * Lunches to work as much as possible
    * Avoid the pub – this is a must
    * Need to build up an emergency fund – 3 x DH's monthly salary?? PADing?? - Start small?
    * Keep to meal plan, try to reduce grocery/alcohol spends
    * Stick to weekly allowance £10 pw
    * Find a new house! - Offer accepted :D

Personal
    * Lose weight
    * Walk 10,000 steps per day
    * Make sensible choices snack wise - less fat/sugar
    * Read my many books
    * Finish my tapestry
    * Think before buying, is it wanted/needed/useful/going to ruin my diet?
    * Get more sleep!
    * Build my immune system up

I've updated and tweaked my 2017 goals that I posted a few months a go.

I've tried to be more realistic, hopefully that shows.

Just need 2017 to start!!

Reposted this so that I can try and at least acheive some of the goals i set myself at the beginning of the year.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,850 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It's good to remind ourselves of our intentions but you have also achieved things that you didn't know you were going to achieve and they won't be on this list. Just saying...
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Money_Rollercoaster
    Options
    Rather than 3xDH salary for your emergency fund, think about the minimum you can get away with for your essential services and bills, food and living and debt servicing ... perhaps work initially to saving 1 x this figure and then aim for 2 x and so on. This might give you a feeling you are getting somewhere more quickly?

Good on you for keeping on reviewing your situation and your goals.
    174 BPM >> CC Balance (0%) -£3,565.99 - Target DFD Dec 2017 >> Loan (Car) (3.1%) -£19,803.74 - Target DFD Nov 2020
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Evening,

Trains messed up tonight due to a suspected bomb at London Bridge, turns out the vehicle involved was an innocent van. Came home via Victoria instead and still trains were cancelled and delayed.

Old Fitbit binned, it was out of warranty anyway and new Fitbit up and running, frugal as I didn't have to buy a new one, DH's company bought it and this one is rather shiny and the display is a bit bigger :D

I don't think that I'd manage 3xDH's salary this year, but it does give me an incentive to make a start....at some point.

Night all xx
  • boxofpaws
    boxofpaws Posts: 753 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good idea to remind yourself on your goals by reposting. I may have to steal that idea!

You're clearly doing very well! And everything's coming together for your new home x
    Debt Jan 2017 = £42k
    May 2022 = £15k
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    boxofpaws wrote: »
    Good idea to remind yourself on your goals by reposting. I may have to steal that idea!

You're clearly doing very well! And everything's coming together for your new home x

Thanks lovely xx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    MBNA transfer has completed AND they added the transfer fee.

Balance is now £9259.70, 0% for 3 years :D Just got to pay the blooming thing off now.

Just looking back and it was September when the balance transfer to MBNA completed, it is now nearly £8k and since then we've paid off £959.70, I'm sure we can improve on this, although I am quite pleased with this as it is going down.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure