The Peoples Operator 4G Swap Porting Problems

Options
123457»

Comments

• roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I only have a 3g phone on PAYG and i see the 3g network will cease for TPO PAYG customers on the 12th of november.
    Time for another provider which is not 4g
    :T
  • A_Medium_Size_Jock
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    I only have a 3g phone on PAYG and i see the 3g network will cease for TPO PAYG customers on the 12th of november.
    Time for another provider which is not 4g
    No, you're not quite right there.

The use of EE as their provider might be stopping in November but they are using the Three network as their new provider.
    TPO have been touting this as 4G (which it can be, depending upon reception) BUT Three also use a 3G signal (hence their name).
    So if your phone currently cannot use 4G, no problem; it will use 3G.

Which of course may not help you unless you have already ported over to their "4G" network.
    In which case either port to the "new" TPO network or (as you say) change provider.
  • roxy28
    First Anniversary
    edited 23 October 2016 at 9:46PM
    Options

So if your phone currently cannot use 4G, no problem; it will use 3G.

Which of course may not help you unless you have already ported over to their "4G" network.
    In which case either port to the "new" TPO network or (as you say) change provider.

Yes i am using a 4g sim card they sent in my 3g phone,
    So i should be ok to carry on then and buy top ups and not lose any credit after 12th nov.
    This switch over has been a little confusing to be honest.
  • A_Medium_Size_Jock
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    Yes i am using a 4g sim card they sent in my 3g phone,
    So i should be ok to carry on then and buy top ups and not lose any credit after 12th nov.
    This switch over has been a little confusing to be honest.
    Yes.
    If you are already using the "4G" sim just carry on.
    It will continue to work just as it does now using the 3G service that TBH most folk use, since not all that many can get a 4G signal:
    Three now has over 63% UK population coverage with 4G. In fact, it might have far more than that, as it hasn’t updated the figure in a while. Towns and cities with partial or full coverage include: Aberdeen, Birmingham, Blackpool, Bolton, Bournemouth, Bradford, Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Cardiff, Cheltenham, Coventry, Derby, Dundee, Durham, Edinburgh, Exeter, Glasgow, Gloucester, Huddersfield, Ipswich, Leeds, Leicester, Liverpool, London, Luton, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Newcastle Upon Tyne, Northampton, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford, Plymouth, Portsmouth, Preston, Sheffield, Southampton, Southend On Sea, Stoke On Trent, Swindon, Watford and York.
    http://www.4g.co.uk/three-4g-network-summary/
  • roxy28
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes.
    If you are already using the "4G" sim just carry on.
    It will continue to work just as it does now using the 3G service that TBH most folk use, since not all that many can get a 4G signal:

http://www.4g.co.uk/three-4g-network-summary/

Thanks for that reply.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills