The Peoples Operator 4G Swap Porting Problems

Options

Comments

• The_Last_Username
    The_Last_Username Posts: 3,315 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 27 July 2016 at 8:05PM
    Options
    Update as of 5pm 27-07-2016: One of the three due to port on 26-07 has ported following an email from TPO after trying online chat, which seems to generate a support number.
    I was asked to make a phone call to complete the porting process.
    *sigh*
    Three more to go.
    One - and as you may guess, not one of the used but the "spare" - now ported and working.

P.S. - no change of date texts received here though we have all put the new 4G SIMs in, so we probably wouldn't.

ETA 8pm - I just got through to online chat about mine - which they tell me HAS been ported BUT may take a day to complete since it has just been done.
  • Chockster
    Options
    I sat in the online chat for nearly three hours earlier without any reply.

I don't mind a long wait for my number to change, as long as it does. Then in a months time I'm porting out to somewhere decent and giving the £1.50 a month to charity on my own.
  • smsm1
    smsm1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I've got an email today at 8pm saying:
    We are currently arranging for your number to be transferred over to our new 4G network. This operation is not completed yet and our team are aware of this.

In the meantime, please use your temporary TPO Mobile number while we address the issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

So hopefully the port will complete tomorrow.
  • Ferris
    Ferris Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    Still no porting, so that's two days overdue now, and no official word (i.e. anywhere it might be seen by those who no longer have a working non-4G TPO SIM due to TPO's incompetence) on any extension to the deadline. So as far as I'm concerned, the number will be lost today.

Shambles doesn't begin to describe it.
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still havent ported either started the whole thing nearly a week ago. weirdly my friend can text and call me yet when i call from my landline i get "number not recognised" or reply to texts.
    TPO say its successfully ported and everything works.. erm nope. gonna complain to ofcom
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • The_Last_Username
    Options
    STILL only the "spare" has ported over from our family's four TPO numbers.
    Despite my Help Chat yesterday evening, during which she said it has been ported but may take a day.
    The other two show no signs of porting; the original numbers are still active. This three days now after porting was SUPPOSED to happen.

TPO are blocking posts to their Facebook page though there are comments on their own posts - mine included. ;)
    It might be worth a try?
    https://www.facebook.com/thepeoplesoperator/

I'm not a Twitterer but their page looks like it too is being blocked to public posts:
    https://twitter.com/TPOuk/with_replies?lang=en-gb

Also they are being very selective about even answering posts on their own Chat Help, which is part of their blog whereby you must first be registered to post:
    https://tpo.com/groups/tpo-help-uk

From the variety of sources I'm looking at, a lot of customers are saying they will complain to Ofcom & I'm sure quite a few will.

IMHO unless TPO very quickly make a significant gesture to all their affected customers, it will be a long time (if at all) before the UK business recovers from this mess.
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    they replied to 1 of my facebook posts.. to be honest i need a working mobile so have gone over to giffgaff they can shove the number where the sun doesnt shine.. anyone have a email address or postal address for complaints? i want my credit and costs to call them back
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • AirlieBird
    AirlieBird Posts: 1,046 Forumite
    Options
    Not impressed with the Three network. Just got to find a decent and cheap MVNO on the EE network then its Au Revoir TPO.
    Did you really mean to put loose?
    Lose: no longer possess, not to retain, unable to find
    Loose: not firmly or tightly fixed in place
  • The_Last_Username
    The_Last_Username Posts: 3,315 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 July 2016 at 7:50PM
    Options
    mcjordi wrote: »
    they replied to 1 of my facebook posts.. to be honest i need a working mobile so have gone over to giffgaff they can shove the number where the sun doesnt shine.. anyone have a email address or postal address for complaints? i want my credit and costs to call them back

Here you go for their official complaints email addy:
    [EMAIL="complaints@tpouk.com"]complaints@tpouk.com[/EMAIL]

I think that they might be a little busy. ;)

ETA
    Have just written official complaint myself. :cool:
    They use:
    https://www.ombudsman-services.org/communications.html
    as an Alternative Dispute Resolution Scheme for Ofcom:
    http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/phone/mobile-phones/problems-and-complaints/mobile-faults-guide/

HTH
  • The_Last_Username
    Options
    Update Friday 29th July:

It seems that TPO remain reluctant to keep disaffected customers updated, either via their own website or via social media.

HOWEVER, the latest few posts on the TPO blog help section say (and here I will quote) that "number transfers are taking longer than expected" (no kidding!) and "We hope to clear the backlog today and on Monday".

Yeah?
    We'll see - I think that by now too many have little faith in your promised actions, TPO. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure