The Peoples Operator 4G Swap Porting Problems

Options

Comments

• RHemmings
    RHemmings Posts: 3,467 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How many of your phones are now working with the correct, not temporary, numbers?
  • The_Last_Username
    Options
    RHemmings wrote: »
    How many of your phones are now working with the correct, not temporary, numbers?
    One.
    Out of four. :p

I have had another email from TPO:
    Thank you for your patience while we resolve the issue that is delaying your number transfer to our new 4G network.

Our team has made good progress to address the issue and we will be able to give you more updates next week. In the meantime, please use your temporary TPO Mobile number while we address the issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and thank you for your continued patience.
    Now, I have had the email but how many other disaffected customers have?
    NOT that the email actually TELLS me anything concrete but this is not (for example) on their website; then TPO wonder why so many customers are .... ahem , peeved! :rotfl:
  • jasonwatkins
    jasonwatkins Posts: 2,420 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I gave notice to quit a TPO 30 day rolling sim on the 6th of June and I was told that the remaining credit would be in my account by the end of June - it wasn't.

I rang at the end of June and was told it would be there by the first monday of july "at the latest" - it wasn't.

I was then told that once the 30 day notice period was up on the 6th of July, I would then have to wait a further 15 days before the money would be in my account. Guess what ?. It wasn't.

That deadline expired two days ago.

It actually took me making a borderline defamatory remark about their company on their help forum to elicit a response and even then it was no more than "bear with us".

In a week's time, it'll be two months since I gave them notice to leave and I'd bet I still don't see the money the owe me.
  • Ferris
    Ferris Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    Still no progress with the port as far as I can tell. Had two emails in the last three days telling me they're aware of the problem and are working to fix it and to use the temporary number in the meantime... but most of the £5 credit they've reinstated on the SIM (i.e. not all of it) would be used up informing people of the new number, and they are being a bit optimistic if they think people are going to go and buy more credit in the midst of this clusterfudge...
  • RJBingham
    RJBingham Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I lost connectivity Monday, by Tuesday I could receive calls and texts on my old number on the new sim, but not send texts or make calls, by Friday I could send texts call landlines but not mobiles, fingers crossed for Monday.
  • The_Last_Username
    Options
    Another day - & still not ported the other three numbers. :p
    The latest messages I see are saying that the numbers NOT already ported (that were supposed to be) will be done this week.
    This week?
    As in .......... some time before Friday? :huh:
    Well that is Monday gone already & not done.
    They seriously need to get their act together.
  • RJBingham
    RJBingham Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I just want a PAC out of them, can't even get that!!!!
  • smsm1
    smsm1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still waiting for my old number to port over since the 26th. If the new sim needed to be put in the phone and to have made a call, I would have thought they could have put a process in which delays the port if someone hasn't don't that, or texts the person to say they haven't done that and it's been expected to.
  • The_Last_Username
    Options
    Update Tuesday 2nd August:

From a post on TPO's blog Help, the following:
    .... appears to be part of the first batch of numbers being transferred. We are having some teething issues with these. We are aiming process this batch within the next 48hrs.
    That was from about 8a.m. today; please note "aiming". :p

Well, over seven days waiting here so their "aim" so far is not good.
    STILL only one out of four ported.

I wonder if TPO will be able to continue after this?
    Because I feel sure that Ofcom will slap a big fine on them; they must be receiving LOADS of complaints.
  • NormCloud
    Options
    After about 1 hour wait for the chat line to respond, helpful James finally sorted out my number & arranged for transfer. I never did get any PAC codes. Our second phone is a different kettle of do-do. 3 messages of apology have come through. The system seems to have been unable to transfer the old numbers, though the new seems to be working. More importantly, their system seems unable to be able to update account payments to top up. Money transferred last week still isn't credited but has been withdrawn.
    I their system problem insurmountable, or did they not realise the enormity of the task before them?

Norm
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport