The Peoples Operator 4G Swap Porting Problems

Options

Comments

• The_Last_Username
    Options
    Well, today MY phone finally transferred over.
    So that is two out of the four.

Norm, I have seen on the variety of blogs etc. that quite a few have had problems with top-ups.
    I know this doesn't help but I was able to top-up AND buy bundle for OH's new account - which (touch wood) has worked fine.
    All we need now is her (+ MIL's) number to transfer over.
    Today is nine days AFTER they were told they would transfer; shocking, tbh.

I don't think the system problem IS insurmountable at all.
    It really is just very, VERY poor planning & implementation.
  • daj198
    daj198 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I've been having a nightmare with TPO too. I was working out of the country for 5 weeks so didn't get the text telling me about the switch. Ended up stranded at the airport unable to phone the person collecting me because my SIM was useless. Now it looks like the old phone number is lost and I can't get through to anyone at TPO via phone or online chat... no reply. I was on hold for an hour before being cut off (twice). I've complained to OFCOM but they say that they don't investigate complaints about customer service... they only monitor them :mad:
  • mcjordi
    mcjordi Posts: 4,238 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mine transferred wednesday oh well ill use that once my credit has ran out on my giffgaff sim
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • RJBingham
    RJBingham Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Hurrah, all working again, now on Asda mobile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • The_Last_Username
    Options
    Had quite a chat following them calling me. ;)
    Seems that the two still waiting for numbers to be ported should be done tomorrow, so we'll see.
    Will give a final update if (or when?) it happens.
  • The_Last_Username
    Options
    At last today (Friday 5th August) all numbers are transferred to TPO's 4G network. :j
    Ten days after they SHOULD have transferred - and I think perhaps they would not be working now if I had not: 1/ made an official complaint; & 2/ used a variety social media to publicly highlight the problem. ;)

IMHO there are less budget choices than there used to be (esp. since Vodafone's dismissal of some MVNO's) and many of what is left are .... well, reviews by & large are not good.

Having had prior experience with Talktalk, for me they are a big "NO" - besides which our past experience with Vodafone-based MVNO's has not been good. (Sainsburys & before that Ovivo.)

Our locality is further restricted by very poor O2 coverage when we have holidaymakers, as we found with Giffgaff and colleagues & friends find with Tesco. Having a phone without a reliable signal is obviously a no-no.

So here at least we are HOPING that The People's Operator get their act together. Though I will be VERY surprised if they have retained a large percentage of their quoted 69,000 customers after this changeover farce.
    (Source: https://www.thepeoplesoperator.com/Files/Public/The%20People's%20Operator%20plc%20%E2%80%93%20Annual%20Report%202015.pdf )

Otherwise we too may may move .... perhaps to Asda whose bundles would suit us or even Three.
    Time will tell.
  • RJBingham
    RJBingham Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I'm worried that TPO will go bust after this debacle, imagine the mess if that happens, I've moved one phone to ASDA and I'll do the other in a couple of weeks once things have settled down.
  • Ferris
    Ferris Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    Still absolutely no movement on the number transfer. Seems most other people are sorted. Is anybody else still waiting?
  • smsm1
    smsm1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I'm still waiting. Based on the comments at TPO Help UK group on their tpo dot com website there's still several others who are waiting too.
  • smsm1
    smsm1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Also search "@tpouk" on Twitter and get many people complaining about the TPO transition from EE to 3.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure