The Peoples Operator 4G Swap Porting Problems

Options

Comments

• philtheskill
    Options
    Same problem as others - two phones due to be ported on Monday am still not done. Can't talk to anybody because they're extremely busy (dah!), chat line is unavailable and email response may take up to 5 days. Perhaps I should write a letter - probably be quicker! Totally unacceptable after already spending the best part of a day obtaining PAC codes that should have been texting in the first place!

It's so stressful!!
  • smsm1
    smsm1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    There is one person on Twitter who has got an email saying that his long term number cannot be retrieved: twitter.com / rjv123 / status / 763868780523089920

(Sorry the forum won't let me post urls yet)
  • smsm1
    smsm1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    There ought to be a way to retrieve a mobile number when a number port fails for a period of a month or two before it gets recycled.
  • RJBingham
    RJBingham Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    It's bad news, I've moved one number to Asda, and I've got a PAC for the other number to move next week, I'm going to Europe at the end of the month and no way am I giving TPO 50 quid for roaming.
  • Ferris
    Ferris Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    What is going on with PACs these days? I've ported dozens of numbers without a hitch over the years, and now it looks increasingly like I will have lost two numbers to dodgy ports in the space of 6 months.
  • isasmurf
    isasmurf Posts: 1,999 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The problems aren't over when your number ports sucessfully. I have not been able to make any calls or texts for over a week when the initial £5 credit mysteriously disappeared after only a few days. They're not getting any more money from me until the full credit I had prior to the switchover is credited back to my account. :mad:

Fortunately I have another number with a different operator I can use in the mean time.
  • peter_percent
    Options
    So far I have been sent five sims, I have gone through the labyrinth of activating changed passwords as my previous were not recognised, none of this has worked so I have had to get a sim from another company to make calls , how many I have missed is anyones guess, how did I manage to do this ?, I picked up a sim in a supermarket for a pound and bought a top up at the till two minutes later I was sorted. no secret service passwords, no tempoary number, no activation, no ICCID numbers, the whole thing is an over complicated shambles and they owe me £40
  • rahmsye
    Options
    I had a tpo sim in june then the switchover happened and they lost my number two months ive been without a number they then gave £35 with a new sim card but the sim doesnt acticvate stating that i need to enter a 8 digit username which they gave me on welcome email, i had no welcome email spent50 min on the phone no answer several emails just an auto response the network is bloody awful i am only staying with them for the £35 then switching over.
  • RJBingham
    RJBingham Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Ported the second number to Asda, lost a few quid but kept both my numbers, relived to be away from TPO!!!
  • peter_percent
    Options
    They must think that if the don't reply to emails the problem will go away but so will their customers,I had considered a small claims court but the way things are looking I can see them going into liquidation , if they don't the route is still open to me in a couple of months, I now have two original sims that are dead, five replacements that don't work ,£40 outstanding credit and no replies to my last several mails, Like many others I have got Asda and Giff Gaff sims to be able to continue my life, a true platinum standard of inefficiency should be awarded to this company
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure