The Peoples Operator 4G Swap Porting Problems

Options

Comments

• smsm1
    smsm1 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    Yay, my original number has finally ported over after over 3 weeks. Annoyingly had a day or so of both the original and temporary numbers not working.
  • peter_percent
    Options
    A day or so ? lucky you I have had nothing for two weeks!
  • RJBingham
    RJBingham Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I see they are deleting facebook posts as fast as they can.
  • peter_percent
    Options
    by now they must have lost tens of thousands of customers
    06869524 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    I was told by TPO well over a month ago that they were increasing my monthly bill by over a 3rd.... I immediately contacted them and requested that my contract be cancelled (30 day rolling contract) at the end of it's current month... They provided me with a PAC code which could not be used with LIFE mobile because TPO had informed LIFE that they were closing up on a certain date etc and therefore it couldn't be used - meaning I lost my original number.... I contacted TPO over this with no joy and again re-iterated that no mater what I wanted my contract to finish at the end of the month and that I would not be using any PAC code provided because I had a new service provider and was just going to stick with their number etc.... (stated this clearly over a dozen emails with TPO)....
    The other day I received a bill from TPO for £20, and when i contacted them they said that because I never used the "PAC CODE" then I will be continually billed for life until it is used.... Informed them that i had repeatedly told them that I wanted my contract to end, did not want the 4G service etc and would not pay for that service, I also told them to check the account activity and they will see that it has had ZERO use.... Despite this cat and mouse they refuse point blank to cancel that 30 day rolling contract.......
    I have cancelled my Direct Debit with them.
    I have no idea if other customer have had the same problem because they are selectively mass deleting messages on FB and have closed their message posts...
    If anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated.
  • peter_percent
    peter_percent Posts: 37 Forumite
    edited 26 August 2016 at 8:52AM
    Options
    Take them to a small claims court, I am but it may be money lost as I can see them folding very soon, the web site is now dead
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Take them to a small claims court, I am but it may be money lost as I can see them folding very soon, the web site is now dead

Website up again now.
    :T
  • peter_percent
    Options
    great go ahead and sue then
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I see they are still using EE as well as the three network.
    :T
  • sdduk
    sdduk Posts: 1,419 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    06869524 wrote: »
    I was told by TPO well over a month ago that they were increasing my monthly bill by over a 3rd.... I immediately contacted them and requested that my contract be cancelled (30 day rolling contract) at the end of it's current month... They provided me with a PAC code which could not be used with LIFE mobile because TPO had informed LIFE that they were closing up on a certain date etc and therefore it couldn't be used - meaning I lost my original number.... I contacted TPO over this with no joy and again re-iterated that no mater what I wanted my contract to finish at the end of the month and that I would not be using any PAC code provided because I had a new service provider and was just going to stick with their number etc.... (stated this clearly over a dozen emails with TPO)....
    The other day I received a bill from TPO for £20, and when i contacted them they said that because I never used the "PAC CODE" then I will be continually billed for life until it is used.... Informed them that i had repeatedly told them that I wanted my contract to end, did not want the 4G service etc and would not pay for that service, I also told them to check the account activity and they will see that it has had ZERO use.... Despite this cat and mouse they refuse point blank to cancel that 30 day rolling contract.......
    I have cancelled my Direct Debit with them.
    I have no idea if other customer have had the same problem because they are selectively mass deleting messages on FB and have closed their message posts...
    If anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated.

The worst thing you could have done is cancel your DD if they still bill you and can't get the money they will default your credit file
    I know its a pain but for a few pounds its not worth your credit rating going up the wall.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect.
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport