PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 25th July 2016

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Flew at work, appraisal signed off without issues. Found the spiral bound course book I couldn't find in the cupboard where I had thought it was all along...ah well. My defence was that I knew I hadn't thrown it.

Now what to give you tomorrow
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening

Bossy love it x

MrsMP, I was told you were lurking on a certain beach! :) x

Done other stuff
    Work done
    Feel worn out
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    Evening

Bossy love it x

MrsMP, I was told you were lurking on a certain beach! :) x

Done other stuff
    Work done
    Feel worn out

The plan is that we all get together and lurk in a coffee shop when I come up again in August if you're up for it;)
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm home - nightmare drive back from the airport last night meaning it was actually this morning before I got in!! Good job the holiday was fab! :D

Been to the BS today to sort funds for completely redoing house - initial check was positive so back tomorrow to, hopefully, secure what I need. Then the fun can start :eek:

ATB - thoughts and prayers for you all; lost my Great Aunty a few days ago in similar circumstances (end of life care) so hugs for you xx

Also hugs and coping vibes for all those dealing with - errr - difficult DHs xx

bossy - love the kitchen x

Ok, listy ready for tomorrow - also have my own sorting and decluttering list which I need to get through if I dare ask bathroom fitters to visit :mad:

Monday Munch Mess Mayhem - KITCHEN

Level 1
    Rehome anything that has been left lying around or isn't where it should be - it's amazing how a declutter makes a place look cleaner!
    Wipe the worktops and anything that is visible on them, including that kettle - after you've descaled it, that is!
    With a very slightly damp cloth wipe the sockets, switches and door handles.

Level 2
    Wipe down all the door fronts, cupboard doors etc
    Get down on your hands and knees and give the kickboards (mind has gone blank but they have another name, too)
    Windowsill - clear, wipe and replace only what actually lives there

Level 3
    Sweep/vacuum/mop the floor
    Clean the windows

Twinkling Tuesday - Your sanctuary - the boudoir!

Level One
    Remove the floordrobe - everything away or in the wash

Level Two
    Remove everything from surfaces, wipe and dust things and where they are
    Wipe - with a barely damp cloth switches and door handles

Level 3
    Vacuum thoroughly - don't forget the curtains!
    Vacuum cloth lamp and light shades
    Check for, and deal with, cobwebs!
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 26 July 2016 at 10:40PM
    Options
    dancemum wrote: »
    Dizzy its Joint Hypermobile syndrome X

I didn't know you could get pain with hypermobility...that explains the syndrome part...sorry to hear you do.

My first husband used to use me as a model when teaching his students as I can lay face down on a bed with my pelvis, knees and feet facing forward :rotfl: My hips regularly dislocate and I sleep with one or both feet tucked up underneath my bum, I can lay my hands flat on the floor behind my feet and can't lift heavy saucepans without my elbows going inside out, which is annoying. I'm so used to this level of flexibility that it makes me laugh when my DH can't touch his toes. I never get any pain, just a loud clunking noise if my hips pop out. I've been advised not to do yoga or gymnastics, though I could do ballet as it involves strong muscle control. I do now have 'duck-foot' from being en-pointe from a young age and my blood pressure is low and causes dizzy turns if i stand up/move too quickly (it's the reason for my nickname!).

Goes off to have a glass of home-made raspberry vodka liqueur...well, I never...

ETA - Bossy your kitchen looks amazing. I love the vibrant green glass. What a pop of colour!
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Evening,

Ooo done the list for the second day in a row! (except for the bit about the shoes which was too scary)

Also have done the dailies, helped OH with some digging and shoveling under our new gate, done a bit more decorating in new bedroom (little and often is the only way) and done the shopping order.

Bossy, kitchen looks fab x

Hugs to all, those here, and those not, if you see what i mean x
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    t'list's up!
    enjoy...

me - I'm going here
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all

Welcome back Froddington - pleased you had a 'fab' holibobs

That 'Kitty' place looks amazing Valli - wish we had places like that here

Monday Munch Mess Mayhem - KITCHEN
    With a very slightly damp cloth wipe the sockets, switches and door handles.
    mop the floor

Twinkling Tuesday - Your sanctuary - the boudoir!
    Wipe - with a barely damp cloth switches and door handles

Wiping Wednesday - bathrooms and en suites...
    Flush the loo and coat it with your cleaner of choice
    While it's soaking clean the sills and polish mirrors
    Top up the loo roll dispenser - check you've enough
    Scrub the loo out then wipe it with hot soapy water outside and in - don't forget the gungy bits by the hinge!
    shine the sink
    polish the taps
    Wipe all surfaces/sills
    bath and/or shower - wipe with hot soapy water
    polish the taps with a damp m/f cloth
    Clean the floor
    Extras
    half an hour weeding or watering as appropriate
    Do something for yourself - manicure, pedicure or just lie back and enjoy that gleaming bathroom in a bubbly bath!

Hugs, mixture of vibes, sticks and spoons as needed
    Hope you all have a super Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,309 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning

Lovely Bossy. Our new kitchen is all grey/black/off white. I had a pine/country style kitchen last time and couldnt wait to do something totally different.

ATB sending you coping vibes. I am sure it was really helpful to your Grandma to clear some stuff out. Takes both of your minds of other things too.

Welcome home Frodders.

Talked with DH again last night but every time we talk I just feel worse. I cant shake this feeling that he doesnt actually care that I am unhappy, it just seems to irritate him that I am not bouncing about with a smile on my face. Oh and apparently he doesnt want me to have any hobbies or interests that involve me spending time away from the family but he does want us to do more things together - except that I am always working.

Oh and Bossy. Yes I am definitely doing less for them all although it doesnt come easy!

Need to get ready for paid stuff. DS2s new bed being delivered today and I want to try and get home a bit early.

Have a good Wednesday everyone x
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    All the kids have slept in!!! Wore them out yesterday, for sure. Ahh, tea in bed, showered on my own, dogs fed, hubby's lunch made and now just chillin'.

Yorkie - hugs to you. Insensitive partners suck. Is there any way you can reduce your hours at work? Do you have to do full-time (and some!) hours? It's only my view, but I think having your own time is important. I get very little at present and crave it, so I'd actually encourage you to get a hobby that gives you space and time away from all the carp at home.

DSS, DSD and Small are all happy to help clear the boys' bedroom, build the huge triple wardrobe and move clothes and toys back in while Tiny is at nursery today. I'm hoping four hours is enough time _pale_ I've made American blueberry pancakes as an incentive to get up and at 'em.....mmmmm.....

ATB - well done for helping your Grandma clear some things. Thinking of you xxx

Hugs, sticks and spoons in a pile - help yourselves!

*skips off, singing*
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport