PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 25th July 2016

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,862 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Valli, I know the mouse feeling at silly oclock..............

BM at least you know where the kids are camping out under the stairs! :)

Daily stuff sort of done
    Work call

Laters x
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Morning lovelies,

Thank you for your well wishes. I am going to visit Grandad today, having managed to sort out childcare for a couple of hours. I was wide awake from 2am onwards then drifted back off around 4 until DD woke me at 6.30.

WM is already on, I "put the kitchen to bed" last night so it's still spotless and I'm about to make myself an omelette.

YL - Sending you massive massive hugs lovely. It is so so draining sometimes isn't it, I often feel like no-one gives two hoots about my well-being and would only really notice me if they had no clean clothes and no food on the table! Men really are from Mars - I spelt out to my DH in v--eeeee---rrrr----y basic terms how I felt and he did start to take note. Hope you feel happier soon but in the meantime have a virtual bucks fizz and a hug to make your day happier xx

BM - Oh how cute! How long did they manage to stay in there for last night? I can't wait for mine to start doing things like that together, at the moment it feels like incessant bickering! x

Narco - your mother is very lucky to have you xx

Right I'm off to cook some breakfast then no doubt DD will want to play Shopkins....joy :silenced:

Have lovely days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning!

Welcome to new and returning flyladies :)

Rollseyes at difficult OHs. I left mine with the baby overnight (DS was about 5mths so before we had DD) and never again did he utter a word about how easy life on maternity leave was :rotfl:

I heard the easiest way to demonstrate what you do all day is to not do it... In my experience it works... ;)

Spoke to my babies last night, they sound very happy- FIL joked could i wire them some more spending money - sounds like they are being spoiled rotten :) they won't want to come home...

I'm missing them but making the most of the time to get stuff done that would be tricky with them here
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Super attitude Bossy - my colleagues and I were discussing how sad we felt that a child had missed a residential because of the way her mother had announced she would 'miss her'. I miss mine when they're not here, always have, but tying them to the apron strings is not healthy.
    Got up to find dishwasher has been emptied.
    Have come back to bed to get over the shock.
    ATB hope all goes smoothly and swiftly.
    Hope you all have a productive day and get lots done - even if it's just quality time with your loved ones xxxxx
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 July 2016 at 8:56AM
    Options
    Morning all.
    If you can believe this, my two crazy children have gone to sleep tonight "camping out" in the cupboard under the stairs
    BM, I read this as "cupboard under the stars" and wondered why you had put the furniture outside :rotfl: Did they last the night in there?
    dancemum wrote: »
    Ds1 changed his bed
    Ds2 learnt to use the stick cleaner. He has JHS like me so his hands,wrists and arms are quite weak. He will be practicing to build up his muscles.
    :rotfl: Train 'em young, I say! Good thinking, dancemum!
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Narc0 - you are both brave and kind to accommodate your mum at your house. Mine would be locked in the shed after about 25 minutes of criticism...
    My thoughts entirely. Welcome back, Narc0. The fairies have been visiting me in your absence.
    Dizzy, I will be over to see you as soon as I can drive again (if you'll have me!) - we sistas must stick together!
    Valli wrote: »
    Usual nocturnal flying - tiny mouse shown the door. At least this one had the sense to go through it.
    It wasn't your nocturnal visitor that woke me up at 4.15 too - my arthritic toe was throbbing...
    Valli wrote: »
    Got up to find dishwasher has been emptied.
    Have come back to bed to get over the shock.
    :rotfl:

Good to start the day with a laugh :D

I have showered and dressed and fed Marigold the hen. She gets very excited when the mealworm pot appears!
    DH appears to be in a fairly good mood today :) and we are off to SW shortly. I'm not expecting a loss like last week's - I've had too much cake and scones with jam and clotted cream this week :eek: but after all, it is summer.
    My foot feels better today and I have started to cut down on the codeine in the hope of being able to drive again next week. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a good day x
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    dancemum wrote: »
    Ds2 learnt to use the stick cleaner. He has JHS like me so his hands,wrists and arms are quite weak. He will be practicing to build up his muscles.

Apologies for my ignorance dancemum, but what is JHS? Pretty sure it's not Jewish Hebrew Scripture, which is what I got when I googled :rotfl:

Iona - let know when you're in the area. I know there are some Heritage railway places near here that your DH would be happy as a piggy in. We can enjoy tea and cake in Steptoe's yard...I mean, the garden...

Gone 10am but have been cracking on despite warring children. Have given in and put television on with alternating recorded episodes of Blaze and the Monster Machines and Slugterra. Sorted out washing and first boil-wash in. I'm not entirely sure how white socks get so dirty!

Oh, and we've been granted Listed Building consent for all our renovation works. Waiting on two more prices on Friday, then should be able to present it to my insurers for them to [STRIKE]laugh at[/STRIKE] approve. DH is having a paddy about being back in the house for Christmas, but I'm not hopeful...
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Morning all!

We all slept in this morning due to the cupboard under the stairs camping! They both woke up at about midnight "to go to the toilet" I translated this as "we are very uncomfortable" but they would not be persuaded to back to their bedroom. An argument then broke out at 2am as dd2 wanted to leave the cupboard and DD1 didn't. They want to do it again tonight. ARGH.

Iona, glad your foot seems to be on the mend, fingers crossed for the driving.

Dizzy great news re planning consent! and I don't buy white socks anymore. It's not worth the hassle!

Valli you made me laugh re dishwasher. And the mention of mice made me realise we have not had a mouse since we finished plastering etc downstairs, so I suspect they were getting in down there, and now they can't.

Right, it's late and there are still breakfast things on the table! Lazy me.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oooo the glass man is here! It's bright! Pics later as it's all on the floor at the moment. Exciting!

Decorating postponed until he's gone - so I'm making us all a brew and getting out of the way :)
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am going into work shortly. I am not best pleased that part of reason for this is because the head failed to do my appraisal yesterday...I might "accidentally" be late;)
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dizzy its Joint Hypermobile syndrome X

I have spent the morning with ds2 at Dancepops and Gran's. We sorted a corner of their living room and half filled there recycling bin.

Popped in gp on way back to arrange ds1's prescription. They said it would take 4-5 weeks for him to become a temporary patient then they may do prescription depending what it was. I'm sending ds1 back to his uni docs to sort it there.

2 loads X wm dried outside

Good luck with your appraisal Valli x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family