PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 25th July 2016

Options

Comments

• michelle2008
    michelle2008 Posts: 601 Forumite
    edited 25 July 2016 at 8:45PM
    Options
    Okay I'm in again this week. House is a state and the judgemental parentals are coming to stay:eek:

Level one done - emptied bin, then the bag leaked everywhere!!
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Tuesday's list is up - enjoy

I have ironed
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • MinnieMousesMummy
    Options
    Good evening, I am just popping on to update my list and then I am going to head to bed.

Monday Munch Mess Mayhem - KITCHEN
    Do research for next week
    Wipe the worktops and anything that is visible on them, including that kettle - after you've descaled it, that is!
    Wipe down all the door fronts, cupboard doors etc
    Get down on your hands and knees and give the kickboards (mind has gone blank but they have another name, too)
    Windowsill - clear, wipe and replace only what actually lives there
    Sweep/vacuum/mop the floor
    Clean the windows
    HHI - you're bound to have some! I have!

Twinkling Tuesday - Your sanctuary - the boudoir!

Quick shower
    Let the chickens out and feed
    Check emails
    Take kids to childminder
    Paid stuff
    Do paperwork for next week
    Do m.sing shop work that is in for today
    Remove the floordrobe - everything away or in the wash
    Remake the bed before moving up a level!
    Remove everything from surfaces, wipe and dust things and where they are
    Wipe - with a barely damp cloth switches and door handles
    Vacuum thoroughly - don't forget the curtains!
    Vacuum cloth lamp and light shades
    Check for, and deal with, cobwebs!
    If you are going to need nametapes for uniform order online now.
    End of the month approaches - do you need any birthday (or any) cards for August? Write a list ready to take with you when you go shopping!
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Evening all,

Had a good day, I managed all the list, except for mopping the floor, and I will do that first thing tomorrow.
    Dailies also done.
    Ten minutes weeding and ten minutes tidying garden.
    Helped OH rearrange shed a bit, so the bikes and mower fit in more easily.
    Walk -jogged dog.
    Three bags of clothes to chazzer.

Great! If you can believe this, my two crazy children have gone to sleep tonight "camping out" in the cupboard under the stairs in our new (not yet finished) bedroom. I finished painting the inside of it the other day, and have had carpet fitted inside. DD1 is on the floor of it, and Dd2 is on the "top bunk" ie a low shelf. I imagine they are going to wake up after a couple of hours with pins and needles etc, but they would not be dissuaded! They have been playing in it all day, and have informed me they are having their breakfast in it.

ATB, hugs xx

YL hugs also, we here know how hard you always work, it is so frustrating when other people close to you don't support you as much as they should.

Michelle I know how you feel, my judgmentals have just been!
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,451 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Managed everything off my list today, and DH has done most of his :) The alpines look happy in the raised bed, and my ironing crate is empty.

Just had a long chat on the phone with DD :D

(((Hugs))) to ATB, peace to your Grandad, and coping vibes for Grandma.

YL, your husband's comments sound very much like what my DH said this morning. (((Hugs))) to you too.

Will catch up with everyone again tomorrow x
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,308 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Awww BM thats sweet. My two went through a stage of making dens out of anything they could find and move into one of their bedrooms. I remember back then you could take all the cushions off my sofas and they regularly vanished upstairs. Of course I wasnt allowed to dismantle their dens for days either.

Oh and thanks for the kind words too. What would I do without you all?

Bedtime x
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm back after doing lots of flying at mum's. She is doing fairly well, thanks for your concerns. She keeps finding new bruises in strange places and her leg is going through very interesting colours; it was pretty much all black below the knee when I arrived on thurs. Seems she broke the 5th metatarsal (long bone joining little toe to ankle area) but had huge ankle swelling as it was the ankle 'turning over' that led to the fall (well actually it was the footbridge between platforms at the station which caused it "oh that's not the first time someone has fallen on that step". ). Luckily she is allowed to take the boot off, (it is just 3 large bits of velcro holding it tight)at night and if she is just resting the foot up. Anyway, I have brought her back home with me for a while to keep an eye on her. There are pros and cons; obviously she knows her house better but also gets more irritated looking at things that want doing - although I've been a very obedient 'slave' when she will tell me what she wants me to do. So she reckoned she was more likely to rest at mine. Luckily we had a good journey (just over 3hrs) and she has already successfully negotiated my stairs.

So now I have to catch up on my house and garden again, although as ever Mr N has been pretty good with damage limitation. I'm also glad to be back and keep on top of any work; I did take my laptop to mum's along with my box of paperwork to do my tax return, and did do a bit.

Night for now, hope other injured legs etc get well soon. Iona I have 2 re-freezable gel pads in the freezer which mum's friend lent her so I know how you feel.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    In my HHC I brought in the laundry,
    Cleaned bedroom windows and wardrobe mirrored door.
    Cleaned kitchen window and sill
    Washed vases
    Ds1 changed his bed
    Ds2 learnt to use the stick cleaner. He has JHS like me so his hands,wrists and arms are quite weak. He will be practicing to build up his muscles.

Hall, kitchen & conservatory vacuumed
    More Lego dusted
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thank goodness, I've found you all. Slight panic attack as I realised I hadn't subscribed this week then cold sweat when I couldn't find it just now....breathe....

Gentle hugs for ATB. I lost my Grandma between Christmas 2015 and New Year at the ripe old age of 104, but she had a peaceful passing and by now must be throwing wild parties wherever she has ended up. Hope your Grandad slips away to join her dancing in the stars xxx

The rude raspberry is making another appearance at the reporting of selfish husbands. Mine is prone to being a complete prat at times (usually daily) then tries to turn things around so it appears I'm over-reacting or being self-centred, or lazy, unloving, blah, blah, blah. YL and Iona - I hear you sistas...

Narc0 - you are both brave and kind to accommodate your mum at your house. Mine would be locked in the shed after about 25 minutes of criticism...

Naff all done today but did manage not to bury the boys in the garden...
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,831 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Usual nocturnal flying - tiny mouse shown the door. At least this one had the sense to go through it.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family