PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 25th July 2016

Options

Comments

• bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :D
    Breakfast bar:
    image_1.jpeg

And one end of kitchen:
    image.jpeg

Can't show the other end as there is a piece missing - he broke it :eek:
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,941 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello all. Did a post last night but didn't actually click to post it. Only said I'd hoovered through and done some dusting in the LR.

Bossy - great kitchen pics.
    Dancemum - what is this Lego dusting you speak of?

Today I have only done the basics (food, WUDUPA, clothes washing, vet trip) as I am still enjoying my holiday.

Reading the paper and relaxing some more next.

I hope everyone is having a great day.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Afternoon all

Kitchen looking good Bossy :D

Pleased you enjoying your holibobs Jazzee

Just passing through to check the listies. Sending lots of hugs and gws to those on the sofa and sticks and spoons to those needing some

Monday Munch Mess Mayhem - KITCHEN
    With a very slightly damp cloth wipe the sockets, switches and door handles.
    mop the floor

Twinkling Tuesday - Your sanctuary - the boudoir!
    Wipe - with a barely damp cloth switches and door handles

Back laters
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dizzy_Imp wrote: »
    Narc0 - you are both brave and kind to accommodate your mum at your house. Mine would be locked in the shed after about 25 minutes of criticism...

Thanks; brave perhaps as she can be a bit critical if I'm not up to scratch!! I find it makes me more efficient as I'm desperate to get a job done before she has a chance to spot it and say "are you going to do.........". She's not too bad; just usually very independent and has a difficult outlook to me - she "admires your ability to relax" when what I'm sure she really means is she thinks I'm a lazy sloth.

Anyway it helped that I wrote a list of what I wanted to achieve today, so she can see I'm not just going my own way and ignoring her. So far:
    - picked some fruit and made a hopefully nice pudding. Unusually, I had run out of custard powder (was going to make a fruit fool) so had to do it 'properly' with eggs. Also used a bit of gelatine, so I hope it doesn't taste like sweet scrambled egg :rotfl: or I'm sure I will be told.
    - sorted a load of post and went up to village shop/PO.
    - wudupa
    - checked a report and some queries
    - generally moved chairs to various places round the garden so Mum can get around.
    - put away everything from my toiletries and travel bag from when I was at Mum's.
    - filled bird feeders (actually I collected them together and put them on the dining room table with the food for mum to fill - took longer than if I'd done it, but kept her occupied).

Next on the list are some garden things, and the clouds have come over so although it is ok for me, it may be too cold for mum to sit and watch. However she's playing Mah Jong on my tablet at present.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Options
    bossymoo wrote: »
    :D
    Can't show the other end as there is a piece missing - he broke it :eek:

That is looking lovely.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Options
    Firstly, some of you may remember my grandad is unwell. He is receiving end of life care and it is likely to be this week that we say our goodbyes. Could those who pray please pray for a peaceful passing and coping vibes for my grandma xx

Hugs and prayers to you all.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hmmm. Stepdad has been - we are swapping - they are having my old fridge freezer and I'm having their spare tv. Only he forgot to bring the tv and the ff doesn't fit in his van as he's got someone's shed in there <rollseyes>
    So he's coming back...

I've just been filling holes with p0lyfilla. One nail is stuck... I've removed the other shelf for painting but not filling those holes so it can go back up and I've taken down the other hooks, ditto will need to go back up.

Think tonight I'll try get rid of all the wallpaper border then might have a break tomorrow. I'm going out for lunch. Thu / Fri / Sat should be enough time to finish the painting and reorganisation.

I have cleaned 3 sinks and loos today too so am still fluttering. And I've vacced the kitchen floor after this mornings work.

Cannot get in my dining room...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Sorry I missed yesterday as Dh was still off work, we had a lovely birthday/anni weekend away and I'm slightly sunburned after spending most of it lazing on the beach with a book (or three) -which were all left in local CS as they were one reads.
    Spent yesterday tidying and sorting the garage and now have 5 full bags for the local CS. Went to see now you see me two with the boys and Dh last night, it was ok but not as good as the first, very busy with lots of special effects but a scrappy story.
    Today I've cut back the scrub alongside our house that is the local parks excuse for a flower bed it was full of triffids brambles, thistles and nettles so it's had a good cut and I've phones the council to complain about the state of it and report fly tipping that is hidden amongst the overgrowth amongst which was a load of crockery and a large aquarium which could badly cut a child or dog who went exploring in there. I've been promisd something will be done and the rubbish will all be cleared. My understanding when I had a cut back and complain about 18months ago was that they had a contract to maintain the planted areas, they seem to be paying money for nothing.
    My front hedge has been trimmed and im about to pull the poppies that have all now gone to seed so garden waste bin should be full by the end of the day.
    I need to start on the lists then and get the house tidy, ds2 and his team had a successful day bag packing yesterday and bucket rattling today, they have a meal at local restaurant planned for this evening so I think they'll raise their target amount.

Bossy your kitchen looks gorgeous.
    ATB so sorry to read your post my thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Hugs good wishes posi vibes sticks and spoons to all who need them

Better go and do something I suppose.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon Ladies,

Spent all morning with grandad, it was very sad but the carers and nurses in the home are so lovely and treating him with the utmost dignity which makes things a little easier.

After that I went to Grandma's to help sort some stuff out - we ended up Kondoing car loads of stuff (they are both hoarders) to the tip so I came home sweaty and flustered (we were doing said kondo-ing with the small people in tow - 'nuff said).

But I am pleased we did it - it gave grandma something else to think about and will make the moving house process easier in due course.

I have a boat load of admin to do tomorrow in my 3 child-free hours, including DH VAT return, pulling together the info for his annual accounts _pale_ and speaking to some solicitors regarding dealing with grandad's estate in due course. So I am going to relax tonight after the small people are in bed, I think I will need all my grey matter reserves for tomorrow....

Have lovely evenings all, thank you for being my sounding boards xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • michelle2008
    michelle2008 Posts: 601 Forumite
    Options
    Came home to a lovely clean kitchen which has motivated me to launch into Tuesday's list!

Bed stripped, mattress turned, sheets in washing machine and fresh sheets on bed. Floor just about cleared - stopping for tea then back to it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure