PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 25th July 2016

Options

Comments

• skint_breeder_5
    Options
    Hello flyladies and flygents, I am back with my tail between my legs. Seems a lot has been going on since I was last here, I hope every one is doing well, I have thought about you all even though I havent logged in and joined in.

Done an hours dot to dot in the kitchen this morning 3 x DW (this is what happens when a Skinty family picnic happens and it seems the entire contents of the kitchen leaves the house to come with us!)

3 Big skints are all back home, and I seriously need to reintegrate everybody before the their various bits of gibble get married and procreates more little patches of gibble all over the house LOL.

A quick brew then some dot to dot in the living room for an hour.

Catch up soon :)
    The cold never bothered me anyway
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yay, it's good to have you back, Skinty :wave: Say Hi to the 3 big Skints from me, please!

We had a brilliant concert yesterday evening. The German youth choir was brilliant, and several members of our congregation looked happier than I've ever seen them before :D

My foot continues to improve, I have cut down my painkillers further, and I can manage the stairs more than once a day. Consequently we are having a shift round today.

Flying achieved by me this morning:
    - Stripped 2 beds
    - Started WMx4
    - Dusted 2 bedrooms and study
    - Packed up my belongings from the downstairs bedroom
    - Unpacked them upstairs
    - S&S'd bathroom and ensuite

Flying list for DH (at his request :eek:):
    - WUDUPA - DONE
    - clear kitchen table
    - clear wargames painting off DR table, back into the man cave
    - vac 3 bedrooms, stairs and bathroom
    - start fitting Gutterguard on the garage

I must also feed Marigold (Skinty, we are hen-sitting for DS1). She gives me a dirty look every time I go near the window because it's way past her breakfast time :p

DH says he will take me out for lunch, because he's playing trains for the next two days :)

(((Hugs))) to ATB, YL and anyone else in need. Spoons and sticks also freely available x
  • GunShotResidue
    Options
    I'm giving up for this week, between some anxiety and lack of sleep I am struggling to function! Today and tomorrow I am going to concentrate on packing and getting ready to go away. Then I have three weeks staying with family, so I'll be back towards the end of August!
  • Biscuit_monster
    Options
    Afternoon,

Just checking in to say no flying done as I'm entertaining littlies. Dd1 and her friend not playing with DD2 today, so DD2 and I did baking. Not my strong point. We had fun but have actually made a Swiss bis-cake crispy square roll thing. Which doesn't taste that good. Dd2 then made a small cake herself just guessing how much stuff to put in. It was much nicer. She is 8.

ATB large hugs xx

skinty welcome back!

CY hope you are OK xx
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Options
    Grandad ATB is flying high in the heavens.

Thank you all for being so wonderful, your support has been such a help to me

Xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Ishtar
    Ishtar Posts: 1,042 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Shuffling in quietly and sitting at the back....it's a long time since I've been here and it shows :o

I really need to get a grip on things as everything has gone totally to pot, so I've printed off the list and I'm going to do level 1 for each day and see how I go.

Hello to everyone old and new :hello:

D.
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Aww bless you ATB and God bless your grandad xxx
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ATB hugs and peace to you all.

Skinty welcome back.

I'm pretty unstructured, playing a lot of gofer for mum. Her foot/ankle is still swollen but much of the bruising is gradually disappearing. She has managed to get down the garden using MIL's walking frame. In between playing nurse and entertainer, I have done bits of gardening, bits of housework, been to Ald!, checked church flowers and put some new ones in water to condition before arranging them tomorrow, descaled the kettle, tried to keep on top of emails and work and am doing intermittent bits of tax return.

About to sort out my car tax then organise some things to post.
    My brother is coming up on Sat and will take mum home on Sun then to her fracture clinic on Monday. He will stay with her until at least Wed then we can reassess how she is doing. I'm relieved he is able to take over, as next week I have physio, Mr N's birthday and MIL's cataract op ..........
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely to have you back Skinty

ATB hugs and deepest condolences heading your way, he is at peace now and no longer suffering.

Not done a lot today, so better get on.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome back skinty and ishtarxx

Lord I'm so sick of painting now, lol. Need a decorating amnesty soon. I had hoped I would get away with not painting the ceiling but I don't think so.

Kitchen fitter has been and sorted the plinth under the DW so that doesn't catch any more and the "sparkle" (:)) is here sorting the lights out. I've just made us a :coffee:

Ordered an hdmi switch as the tv only has one port. And no remote control, haha.

Just want to put my feet up and watch reruns of Downton, lol. But I've only 2 days on my own after today - I'd really like to get the painting finished by tomorrow.

I have painted the walls off-White. Will it be ok to do the ceiling the same or should I go buy some "pure brilliant"? Not sure if it will look a bit dull if I use what I've got...
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family