IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bw legal and excel

Options

Comments

• Pinkychick14
    Options
    I sent a similar letter and have not heard anything yet either, they haven't tried to call me. My 'offence' was also 2011.
  • luksakura
    luksakura Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    I will keep on posting here. The mind boggles me how people are allowed to get away with it.
  • Pinkychick14
    Options
    Thank you. I agree, all this stress for something minor from 2011, I really don't understand how they are allowed to get away with it! I dread the postman coming every day!
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,515 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you. I agree, all this stress for something minor from 2011, I really don't understand how they are allowed to get away with it! I dread the postman coming every day!

Write to your MP - it's the only process to stop them being 'allowed to get away with it'. We can help win individual cases (but in all reality we are only fighting at the margins); only the Government can intervene on a national basis.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • luksakura
    Options
    UPDATE-

just recieved another reminder to pay the fine. With a 40% reduction. More nicely put than the last one.

However the top of the letter says that i have not disputed the claim. Which i have, its in this thread, and i have proof of delivery as i sent the letter signed for as I wanted to be sure they had it.

This to me looks like another mass mailing, and they have not looked at my accounts and acknowledge my reply.

What should i do now?? Send another copy of the orignal letter again with another copy to the SRA? (Copy of proof of delivery) Or do ignore??
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    I wouldn't ignore it. Complain again to the SRA, there's no other channel to voice your frustration with all of this. The more pressure you put on the system, the nearer it gets to exposing this sham and to helping to get it stopped.

But there's no easy way to get it out of your life.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• luksakura
    Options
    Dear Sir/Madam,

With reference to your letter dated 17th August 2016.

I have enclosed a copy of my orignal response to your first correspondance on 19th July 2016. Proof of postage and signature enclosed to prove this was received at your offices.

This charge is disputed and you must now refer this matter back to your client and cease and disist all contact with me.

The SRA have already been copied into my previous response and will also be sent a copy of this correspondance.

Yours faithfully.

Is this enough??? The orignal letter was a copy of a gan one of the forum just reworded a little. I can't see what else i can add other than repeating myself. Would now be a good time to send copies of both tickets to proove that the stay was paid for. They were found in the glove box of the car.

Thank you in advance for you help.
  • luksakura
    Options
    Just thinking. Is this 2nd letter enough to say harrsment tk the SRA. I replied to them and they have not acknolegde it, can i use the word incompetance here??

I have no experience in this, but i am willing to take these on with your support.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    luksakura wrote: »
    Just thinking. Is this 2nd letter enough to say harrsment tk the SRA. I replied to them and they have not acknolegde it, can i use the word incompetance here??

I have no experience in this, but i am willing to take these on with your support.

You could copy in the SRA to report the problems you are experiencing with BWL in getting a response - I'd leave out the 'harassment' and 'incompetence', they are more likely, in my view, to be seen as a rant. You just need to ramp up your case slowly at this point.

Couple of spellings to sort out in your draft letter.

Correspondence
    Desist

I would copy the tickets to them (hang on to the originals, don't let them go anywhere).

• luksakura
    Options

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure