IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bw legal and excel

Options

Comments

• Pinkychick14
    Options
    Following this post with interest as its identical to my situation, my parking fine is also from 2011 and I received the very same letters. Is it true that even if it gets to court and we should lose we do not get a CCJ?
  • luksakura
    luksakura Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    From what ive read if we lose we have 14 days to pay up. If we refuse then the ccj is filed.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Following this post with interest as its identical to my situation, my parking fine is also from 2011 and I received the very same letters. Is it true that even if it gets to court and we should lose we do not get a CCJ?

The parking monkeys are trying to collect money hoping that their victims do not read this forum.

NO, YOU will not get a CCJ if you lost in court and paid within 28 days or what the court requires. It's if you don't pay then, you get a CCJ.

Might never get to court so just keep on ignoring plebbie style debt collector letters.
    If you do get court papers then return here
  • copperjar
    copperjar Posts: 884 Forumite
    Options
    BW legal contacted me by letter a couple of weeks ago. I've
    discussed in another thread somewhere - the parking ticket is from Feb 2010 so over 6 years old. Last week the phoned me and I spoke to them. I said it was over 6 years and I couldn't remember the situation, could they prove I was the driver etc. They said they don't need to prove that and want their money owed and would "take to the next step". I have since had three more phone calls from their number and one message left.

I haven't replied to any letters but have been advised on here to do so. I guess it's now time and also a compliant. Feeling very harassed I have to say!
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 July 2016 at 6:32PM
    Options
    copperjar wrote: »
    BW legal contacted me by letter a couple of weeks ago. I've
    discussed in another thread somewhere - the parking ticket is from Feb 2010 so over 6 years old. Last week the phoned me and I spoke to them. I said it was over 6 years and I couldn't remember the situation, could they prove I was the driver etc. They said they don't need to prove that and want their money owed and would "take to the next step". I have since had three more phone calls from their number and one message left.

I haven't replied to any letters but have been advised on here to do so. I guess it's now time and also a compliant. Feeling very harassed I have to say!

Limitations Act;
    The Act isn’t there to encourage debt avoidance or non-payment, it’s there to protect people from being forced to pay debts that have ‘timed out’ through no fault of their own. The money owed itself is not written off; it’s still a debt and in reality it still exists, but with the Act in force the creditor can no longer enforce the debt through the courts. The creditor can continue to chase the debt if they wish.

Seems like BWLegal are currently facing a lot of this now as they are picking up on old PARKING TICKETS to which they should know better.
    A lot of people are now complaining to the SRA about this company and their methods.

Shame you phoned them, they will continue to harass you if they can. Best to block the number now.

It is not a debt, it all started with a speculative invoice from the PPC and in court they need to prove it is a debt but they no longer have the facility to use the courts as it's over 6 years old.
    There is no other legal method open to them.

Complain to the SRA about them, you will not be the first or the last https://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page
  • luksakura
    edited 10 August 2016 at 2:10PM
    Options
    Recieved a reply from the SRA and they advise they are keeeping it on file as evidence if further complaints come in. Maybe if i had paid a solicitor send the letter they may have taken action???

Bw legal have tried calling me twice since., left no message as i was unable to answer both time. Not sure how they got my number. But had no written correspondance or acknolegdement to my letter i sent by recorded post.

Is the the end or the quiet before the storm??
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Don't take any calls from them!

Never speak to a PPC/Solicitor/Debt Collector

Block their number if you can
  • arthurx1234
    Options
    luksakura wrote: »
    Recieved a reply from the SRA and they advise they are keeeping it on file as evidence if further complaints come in. Maybe if i had paid a solicitor send the letter they may have taken action???

Bw legal have tried calling me twice since., left no message as i was unable to answer both time. Not sure how they got my number. But had no written correspondance or acknolegdement to my letter i sent by recorded post.

Is the the end or the quiet before the storm??

Lets face it many of these Regulatory Bodies are funded by their members so it is unlikely they are going to take any meaningful action --- toothless tigers, they scratch each others backs, pee in the same pot, urgh.

If it were me i would NOT block the number but note down the date and time of each call as evidence of harrassment.

Stay with it, dont give up the fight.

Arthur Brexit
    BREXIT OOPS
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • luksakura
    Options
    I already have been screen shoting my phone and saving the photo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport