IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Bw legal and excel

Options

Comments

• beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    End with something like --- see below
    So they know you are not a pushover

[FONT=&quot]I will not, under any circumstances make any payment to PARKING CO NAME or your company. T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]his letter constitutes a demand for an immediate cancellation of the Parking Charge. The claim is denied in its entirety. I assert that I am not liable to the Claimant for the sum claimed, or any amount at all. Any further communications, other than to confirm you will not be pursuing me for this charge, will be treated as harassment. I consider this matter closed.

Arthur Brexit[/FONT]

Arthur this is BW legal a self opinionated bunch who appear to have no understanding of what they are doing, coupon-mad is the answer
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I gather because its was before 2012 my claim isnt like the new ones as i need to prove who was driving.

Nope - they need to prove who was driving. If they are the claimant, they need to prove everything they allege!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,347 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    luksakura wrote: »
    Thank you so much to both of you.

I have done some digging as my hubby is back and found a reply to send to bwlegal. Should i copy this reply the SRA also??

I do have he parking tickets as lucky for me i used to shove then in the glove box so managed to fish them out. I gather because its was before 2012 my claim isnt like the new ones as i need to prove who was driving.

Is this letter ok.

Dear Sir,

With regard to your letter dated xxx

I deny any debt to Excel Parking Services and/or yourselves (B W Legal)

To clarify, I was the registered keeper of that vehicle at the time, and as the alleged parking event was before The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 your client has no right to pursue me for payment.

As I dispute this charge and consider this matter now closed, I demand that you do not contact me further and refer the matter back to your client Excel Parking with the following comments:

Please inform Excel that the Data Protection Act requires that they now delete my records. They cannot hold a keeper liable.

I have never consented to my personal details and data being shared by Excel and I revoke any permission they may have incorrectly given you. Your communication on their behalf is basically harassment of me which has caused distress and upset and I object to my personal data being processed in this manner without my permission.!

I therefore request Excel remove all my details within 21 days of this notice under Section 10 of the Data Protection Act as I believe they are clearly in breach of section 1 of the Act.!

Also I note your inappropriate demand for £54 "legal costs".
    You are perfectly aware that these cannot be recovered in the Small Claims Court
    In the unlikely event that your client has actually paid these costs, they are none of my concern.

Yours Faithfully

Again thank ypu so much for you help, i honestly thought all this was finished years ago.

That reply is fine, partly comes from Gan on pepipoo who is the guru for concise and hard-hitting replies.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • luksakura
    luksakura Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you coupon mad. This all sarted before i had the girls, i walas young and willing to take on the world. Now i have my girls im cautious over everything.

Im really greatful for your help.
  • arthurx1234
    arthurx1234 Posts: 421 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 July 2016 at 8:37AM
    Options
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]"[/FONT]I will not, under any circumstances make any payment to PARKING CO NAME or your company. T[/FONT][FONT=&quot]his letter constitutes a demand for an immediate cancellation of the Parking Charge. The claim is denied in its entirety. I assert that I am not liable to the Claimant for the sum claimed, or any amount at all. Any further communications, other than to confirm you will not be pursuing me for this charge, will be treated as harassment. I consider this matter closed."
    [/FONT]
    beamerguy wrote: »
    Arthur this is BW legal a self opinionated bunch who appear to have no understanding of what they are doing, coupon-mad is the answer

Only trying to help!!:eek:

The above paragraph in a 2 page disection of their fairytale version of the legal process and a demand for £154.00 for a PCN, worked for me, so it might work for someone else.

I was trying to enphasise that you have to fight fire with fire with these guys, they send tough threatening letters, we have to do the same.

We are dealing with money grabbing sharks who work at the very edge of the law, their codes of practice have no legal merit and are not binding on the parking company ( I actually have that in writing from 1 of the IAS adjudicors (spelling oops).

Its a question of get tough or pay up and lets face it we have all worked hard and honestly for our money, havent we?

Arthur Brexit
    BREXIT OOPS
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,347 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We are dealing with money grabbing sharks who work at the very edge of the law...lets face it we have all worked hard and honestly for our money, haven't we?

All except PPC sharks and one nasty, greedy, lazy and aggressive poster I can think of, who I had the misfortune to meet once or twice. Apart from them, yes I expect we have worked hard and honestly in life which is why we fight this scam.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    The solicitors appear to be not only incompetent, but acting in a manner likely to bring their profession into disrepute.

You should therefore complain to their regulatory body the SRA: https://www.sra.org.uk/home/home.page. The more complaints they get, the more likely they are to sanction them.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • luksakura
    Options
    Thank you for the link. I have emailed the pdf so i can print it off at work. I will keep you informed of any out comes.
  • luksakura
    Options
    Dear all. Im getting quiet scared that bw legal will take me to court. I have evidence to proove i paid, as they are less of a made up solicitor firm would sending this info nip it in the bud?? I didnt bother before as excell weren't know to reasoning back then. I will still send out the complaint to the csa.

There tactics are working on me ��
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Nothing to be scared about - they are succeeding in frightening you.

Were this to end up as a court hearing it won't be a magistrates court - just the county court where civil matters are settled. Definetely not a scary place!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure