IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Bw legal and excel

Options

Comments

• luksakura
    luksakura Posts: 51 Forumite
    Options
    I have printed out the letter. And put cc solicitors regulation authority. (Should i have told them i was reporting them?)

Worse case, if it went to court and i lost whats kind of money would i be expected to pay?? Ie would i better just paying up and be done with it all.

Im all for fighting but feel so out of depth with it all.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,767 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    luksakura wrote: »
    There tactics are working on me ��

That's why they do it :(

But they aren't that likely to get to court (they have a habit of withdrawing at the last minute or not showing up), and if they do, they will bring one of the least competent legal cases you can imagine. Plus, should they somehow win, you'll have to pay less than they want now to go away (you only have to pay the initial sum on the sign + the £50 hearing fee).

You've really got nothing to worry about in facing these guys at court. I appreciate it's pretty time consuming though.

Definitely complain to the SRA about them.
  • luksakura
    Options
    Should i put that ive copied them in on the letter to them or leave it off??
  • luksakura
    Options
    Ok. From reading other posts about how to put up replies. This is what i have drafted for the fsa. Please let me know if i need to add or remove anything.

This relates to a parking charge notice raised on the xxxxxx 2011 for an alleged overstay.

I refer to the protect of freedoms act 2012, in which the alleged event happened before this date.

Passing my information on to BW legal who have contacted me and provided me with miss leading indormation regarding solictors cost and county court judgements which has caused distress to me and my family.

I will include a copy of both letters from bw legal and the one i have sent to them. Is this enough??
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,325 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    luksakura wrote: »
    I have printed out the letter. And put cc solicitors regulation authority. (Should i have told them i was reporting them?)

Worse case, if it went to court and i lost whats kind of money would i be expected to pay?
    £150 - £175 that's all at stake, no CCJ, no-one tells you to sit on the naughty step.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • luksakura
    Options
    Coupon mad. Is my complaint to the fsa ok?? Im hopeing to get it all posted off tomorrow. I hope that this will be the end of it.
  • luksakura
    Options
    Ok i have recieved a phone call from them. Not answered as i was at work, can they do this and should i speak to them. They obviously reieved my letter i guess.

What should i do if they ring again??
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No don't speak to them over the phone ever

Block the number if you can
  • bod1467
    bod1467 Posts: 15,214 Forumite
    Options
    Question - how did they get your number?
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    bod1467 wrote: »
    Question - how did they get your number?

192.com, easy.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport