PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

August 2016 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• mrs_Badger
    mrs_Badger Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    Walked to Lidl today for some sardines for the dog, and salad bits, and baby wipes - £4.40

Running total
    Pet food £30
    Household £0.80
    Food £7.40

£38.20 / £300
    DFW - Paid so far - 0% CC's - £2 / £2000, £27 / £1200, £32 / £1800,
    Owe on Paypal Credit - £1920
  • tumptyteapot
    Options
    no spend day today on groceries - vet bills and cat medicine is a different matter! The cat was uninsurable but my mathy sister worked out that despite the huge bill it is cheaper than it would have been if I'd paid for insurance for all the cats I've had in my adult life.

anyway, tuna fishcakes for tea made with stale bread and using up random half veg, I'm hoping my tuna hating 13 year old will like them because they are cheap! Need to meal plan for the rest of the week!
    Tumptyteapot

• Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,942 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Budgets list updated to here :)

Welcome/welcome back to:
    tighteningthebelt, squeezedmillenial, Rosesandrainbows, tumptyteapot, wannalot, mrs_Badger and claireyfairy82 :D

tumptyteapot - our dog is now uninsurable and we put money away every month to cover any future vets bills.

Good luck everyone,
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens 15/24
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I am really tearing through my budget - got 'till 31st - gonna be really tight. Spent £9.50 on cheese - YES CHEESE - a bit gutted really. My local health store ordered them for me a while back - they have only come in. Got to get some salad stuff 2 moz, then i'm going to try and have a week of no spends - should bring me slighty back on track. Have updated sig.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,567 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    £14 spent at Aldi, just bought a few things to stretch leftovers, and some cat biscuits :)

Trying to keep it low this week :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • mrs_Badger
    mrs_Badger Posts: 97 Forumite
    Options
    Ack, £2.70 sweetie run to the corner shop (don't do this often)

Running total
    Pet food £30
    Household £0.80
    Food £10.10

£40.90 / £300
    DFW - Paid so far - 0% CC's - £2 / £2000, £27 / £1200, £32 / £1800,
    Owe on Paypal Credit - £1920
  • tighteningthebelt
    Options
    NSD for me today. (will need bread tomorrow though) :)
    A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it
    You're welcome we can spare it, yellow socks
  • Sayschezza
    Sayschezza Posts: 744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Went into MrT to buy newspaper and the coffee we use was on offer so another £4 spent today.
    All that clutter used to be money
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good evening everyone,

I've had a top up delivery this afternoon which has taken me over my budget for the week but I'm expecting to be significantly under next weeks.

Had a substitution of 20% fat frozen mince for my nice healthy living one at only 10% fat. Yuck, won't be buying the fattier mince in the future. I normally buy the extra lean fresh mince but thought the healthy living one wasn't too bad when I've tried it before. In retrospect I should have refused the substitution but I had already put pasta bolognese on our mealplan for today.

Note for the future: don't be so inflexible, it's not like I don't have cupboards full of food and two freezers worth as well!
  • claireyfairy82
    Options
    More shopping today, went to Lidl to stock up my store cupboards as they're not that healthy at the moment. I don't get the chance to go there very often as it's not near my house but is near the swimming pool my daughter trains at once a week, think I'll try and make this a regular thing just need to remember it's there!! £54.42 spend.

My online meat order was processed today as well so that was another £64.50. But that should be me stocked up with just bread, milk and packed lunch stuff left to get weekly.

Note to self don't take OH with you to the shops hes worse than the kids when it comes to shoving stuff in my trolley!!

New total £168.72/ £320
    JAN - £208.56/£250 NSD-8
    FEB - £121.51/£200 NSD- 1
    Penny a day challenge #001: £200.79/£667.95
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts