We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

1…801802804806807…813

Comments

  • Matt_OX4
    Matt_OX4 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    What method did you use to get to the WinBack Team? My service has cancelled but for the price you've got I'd re-contract

  • BoxingSurfer
    BoxingSurfer Posts: 9 Forumite
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

    i used the chat service via MySky. it took me a few tries to get them towards realistic pricing.
    Based on my experience, dont expect a smooth ride, even if they do give you an acceptable price. I'm not sure the agents know how to operate sky's systems correctly.

  • SpiritOJazz
    SpiritOJazz Posts: 7 Forumite
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

    I tired to renew, I called retentions (seem to be India now). Got nothing, they actually said it would be worse and the offers they could do would increase this!

    I was paying 70 for Sports, Ultimate, NETFLIX HD, kids and for bb. It went up to 90 in Jan then 100 April they didn't tell me , stupidly i'0 didn't check. New customers get way better deals and retentions seems awful now.

    So i have quit after 16 years as a customer …maddening.

  • Matt_OX4
    Matt_OX4 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Interesting, I've tried both methods (chat and phone) and not got anything decent - I was expecting an email or something at some point but never got anything. The one time I got something that sounded vaguely reasonable I had no confidence that they weren't trying to downgrade something, and when I asked for a written "quote" they couldn't provide one.

    Very frustrating as I'm not even asking for a ridiculous offer, just back to what I was paying in my contract.

  • BoxingSurfer
    BoxingSurfer Posts: 9 Forumite
    Second Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 August at 6:54PM

    i have found that getting a decent offer while negotiating within the cancellation period is impossible. You need to let the service switch off to be a win-back for the best deals. Also its ok to persist. its unlikely you will get through to the same agent twice on different days. I've noticed that some agents (both call and chat) are quite indifferent and wont try hard. Others are better and will engage in negotiation more seriously. I also dont know if daily / weekly / monthly win-back quotas or targets come in to play in terms of how hard they push their margins up or down

    Also always use new customer pricing (via the website) as a benchmark. If they know that you know the new customer prices, and you set your target to that level approximate level +/- a few quid, that levels the playing field a bit. You both know its achievable. less bluffing.

  • TeeDoff23
    TeeDoff23 Posts: 9 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post

    My contract ran out 10 days ago, we got one phone call and one letter by post (very pointless) and that was it. No attempt to keep us and I wasn't going to contact them.

    Final offer (on Q) if it is any help was:

    • Signature £25
    • Ultimate £5.50
    • Boost to Netflix Premium £13.50
    • UHD £2
    • HD £4
    • Cinema £9
    • Total: £59

    Decided after 17 years to bin it off and have everything through Now (HBO, Sports, UHD, Cinema) for £32.97 and dip into Disney Standard and Netflix Premium as needed. Freely via Manhattan box for the live stuff.

    So £62 a month at worst but includes sports and can watch on 3 devices at once. It amazes me that Sky and Now are part of the same company as it is so easy to get discounts and no huge contacts with Now with price rises...

  • warmy
    warmy Posts: 71 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    just received my renewal email from sky for

    Sky signature

    Sky sports

    Cinema

    Hd/UHd

    Netflix premium

    They have extended my discounts for another 12 months @£63.99 I’m with sky q and our viewing habits have changed so not sure I want to continue with q the price seems ok what do you all think?

  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 1,629 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Looks OK to me and since they've extended your discounts rather than got you to agree to a new minimum term, you can remove components or change to a lower tier in the case of Netflix giving just 31 days notice. Make sure you are past the end of the minimum term though, just in case they then cancel the extension.

  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 9,078 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    When you say "extended my discounts" - are these worth as much as previous deal? I ask ,because when I've had a missive from Sky in the past of this form , the discounts offered are actually significantly less than before.

  • warmy
    warmy Posts: 71 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    yes it’s the exact same discount as before and on a rolling contract also

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.