We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )
Comments
-
If your viewing habits have changed and you don't need Sports and don't mind a few ads then Sky Stream Ultimate at around £21 a month is a third of that cost.
You still get most of the channels plus Netflix, Disney plus and HBO Max and the playlist function works quite well.
0 -
It has always annoyed me that Sky have the cheek to charge extra for HD in this day and age but I suppose other TV providers do the same.
0 -
I think you've quoted the wrong person but the 2 big things for people swapping from Q to Stream is the lack of record function and the UI (especially the Playlist), everyone is different obviously and it would be up to the OP what's most important to them.
That said, you're quoting a new customer price for Stream, there's no way they're getting that from Sky as a crossgrade.
0 -
Just got my renewal, think it’s a bit steep and no wonder people resort to more shady ways to watch TV! Just retired so will see what this brings before I look to cancel.
Currently paying £105.49 (£40 discount included) for this which will go to £131.49 (£14 discount included) a month for a 24 month contract. Thoughts appreciated?
Sky SignatureSky Sports HD
Sky sports complete including Sky Sports+
Sky Cinema
Multiscreen
Sky HD
Ultimate TV pack
Boost to Netflix Premium
Ultra HD
This also provides Discovery+ Disney+ HBO Max, Paramount+ Sky go extra
0 -
There's more than just Sky that supply TV. Have a look at Virgin perhaps, although they only sell it with their own broadband they do have switching credit.
1 -
Is this just for TV or did you forget to add broadband?
I get all that apart from Netflix for under £61.
0 -
That's the full un-discounted rates….
- Sky Signature: £36.50
- Complete Sky Sports incl. Sky Sports+: £39
- Sky Cinema: £13 with Sports
- Multiscreen: £15
- Sky HD: £9
- Ultimate TV Pack: £4.50
- Netflix Premium: £11
- Ultra HD: £4
That totals £132 per month at the standard prices.
That's £1,584 per year.
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.1 -
My contract I manage for my elderly parents was up for renewal spoke to them via text and the best they could offer (which I didn't accept) was the following:
Thank you for letting me know. I can offer you a fantastic deal at £81 per month, which includes Sky Stream service with Sky Broadband.
Here are the packages we can offer you:
- Sky Ultimate TV
- Netflix with ads
- Sky Sports Complete packages
- Whole Home (Multiroom)
- Disney+
- Discovery+
- HBO Max
- Superfast Broadband
- Pay As You Talk
This also comes with 2 Sky Stream pucks.
There's a one time £39.95 upfront fee for the Sky Stream service.
The only thing they really watch is sport so all the other packages they include they would never use I don't think it's a terrible deal as they were paying just £73 for the TV then £23 for broadband through Vodafone but I think i can achieve more by letting it get close to the cancellation date and going via their winback team if needed.
For comparison for a sport package through VM and two extra boxes with broadband was coming out at £67.99 at the moment so might have to persuade them to switch.
0 -
You haven't said what sky technology your parents have now?
If they have sky q going over to stream means they won't be able to record anything as stream doesn't have that capability.
Paying £40 for stream is bit much for me also
0 -
Sorry I should have clarified that they have sky Q currently I did ask the agent if they could offer the stream price for Q but they went on about something to do with the satellite signal making it more expensive which I thought was odd 😂
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
