We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

1…790791793795796…813

Comments

  • MACKEM99
    MACKEM99 Posts: 1,265 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Thanks I am in the process of moving emails to my gmail. This then does not for me to VM, or any other.😄

  • Chrisandbev
    Chrisandbev Posts: 41 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Good question and being VIP customer with 12 years does not have any bearing on what deal you will get. You don't benefit from loyalty - instead new customers are often offered better.

    As an indication- I have Sky Q, Signature, Sports, HD and Netflix/Disney+/HBO for £39.50 per month.

    A good deal is only possible by cancelling and waiting for service to switch off before calling for a deal. Some have achieved a good deal 1 week before disconnect and some when they have received the box to return Q. All the best !!

  • Joe9090
    Joe9090 Posts: 224 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Thanks for the reply. Your figures give me something to negotiate with.

  • Mr_Benn
    Mr_Benn Posts: 430 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    chrisandbev - thats a good price. I have Sky Q and Im now paying £59, for Signature, Sports, HD and UHD and Netflix basic. Due to expire in a month so haggle time approaching. Im also contemplating moving my basic Broadband from BT as its gone to a ridiculous £39 and £25 for sport. BT screwed me over for the package discount, but have waived any fees if I want to leave.

  • moneysavergirl2
    moneysavergirl2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 10 June at 10:48PM

    My husband pays what I think is an extortionate amount for TV & broadband. If it were me I would be paying only for Netflix!

    I'm here to post his charges and ask what he should be aiming for please if negotiating this:

    Sky Full Fibre 300 £30.50

    Sky Signature £27

    Ultimate TV Pack £5.50

    Boost to Netflix Premium £9.49

    Sky Sports Complete including Sky Sports+ £25

    TNT Sports £31

    Sky Sports HD £2

    Sky HD £5

    Multiscreen £11

    Ultra HD £1

    Total £147.50

    He wants to keep the sports. How can we reduce this? Ie what can we expect or try to get this amount down to?

    Thanks in advance

  • PZ19
    PZ19 Posts: 616 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 10 June at 8:44PM

    The usual way is if you’re out of contract, call them say it’s astronomical and want to pay less. They will make you an initial offer, which is up to you whether to accept or not, but then you can put in a months notice cancellation if you’re not happy (and most aren’t at that stage) and hope someone comes back to you with a far better offer. Not sure if it’s still the same but let it cancel fully for best offer. I’m not sure they discount TNT however. Read through recent posts on this thread to give you an idea of what people are being offered. Alternatively go to Virgin, if you’re with O2 even better with the Virgin offers

  • flyBobfly
    flyBobfly Posts: 6 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post

    So interesting reading the comments. 4 weeks after my contract ended and now't from Sky. That includes the packaging to return my puck. I've made sure I've deleted all my data and reset the box in anticipation of it being wanted back but nothing. This does tie in with what I thought I saw in my account that said "Equipment - Customers Own".

    I do wonder if some AI algorithm has told those in Sky's Ivory Towers to not haggle and see who breaks first. I wonder how many will break away!

    I must say I've got very used to using the firestick. It's very easy to use and I like the addition of Pluto TV channels. I now have control over Netfilx and Disney and can control when I have them on for a month or not instead of having them available constantly and not being able to consume all on offer. I was thinking of a Freely box, but don't think I need it now! I would consider if someone came up with HDR type set up or similar just to make it easier to record stuff rather than going into each platform to find the stuff I want - but if I don't watch it now, there'll be something else to watch!

  • moneysavergirl2
    moneysavergirl2 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    is there a way to get all the sports on the Firestick? My husband can’t live without them!

  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 9,078 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Can you get TNT sports/Premier Sports thru NOW in addition to Sky Sports ?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.