Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.5K replies 836.9K views

Replies

• MastanlemMastanlem Forumite
    37 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    iabw12 said:
    I cancelled two days ago, and today received the following by text
    Signature - £14
    HD - £3
    for 18 months. Which I've taken as I think £17 per month is a good deal. Plus I can carry on with my cinema offer (6 months at £5 with no new contract, so that will see me through until April)
    How did you cancel? Was it by phone?
  • iabw12iabw12 Forumite
    102 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yes, by phone. I couldn't find any other way to do it. 
  • LambyrLambyr Forumite
    433 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Cancelled by phone last week. Had a call from retentions this morning.

Best the advisor said he could offer for Signature, HD, Sports, Cinema and Multiscreen was £52p/m with a £25 admin charge.

Declined the offer. He did offer to reduce the admin charge to £5 but I still said no.

Not that fussed about keeping Sky or not at this point, but thought I'd post this as an idea of what they're currently offering. Whether they'll come back with a better offer or not, I don't know. 
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    7.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lambyr said:

Best the advisor said he could offer for Signature, HD, Sports, Cinema and Multiscreen was £52p/m with a £25 admin charge.

First it was £10,then £20 now £25 !! Sky really are taking the p*ss now!
  • dessmithdessmith Forumite
    4 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    dessmith said:
    Been with Sky for years VIP Diamond etc, we're moving home in a week or so and special offers contract ended about a few months ago - I should have sorted out Sky months ago but there we go.

I called up and last week, ended up speaking with home moves, then with the "Value Team" best they offered us is:

Signature 21
    Netflix 5 (we don't need this)
    HD 3
    Superfast BB 17
    Sky Q (were were still on Sky+!) free installation, no admin fee.

Total as £46

I accepted this with installation happening end of this coming week.

Since then, we've had Black Friday and I've been looking around more and thinking this isn't such a great deal. 
    My plan is to call up, cancel and wait for their winback team to give us something better.

Any thoughts on what this package should be offered at?
    Also there is 31 days cooling off on that deal above so I'm assuming it's fine to call up, cancel and expect them to send offers after it's cancelled. I should note we're happy to be without TV / Broadband as we move etc.

Can anyone tell me what this deal should be worth if I cancel?
    Signature, HD and Superfast BB?

Thanks
  • edited 1 December 2021 at 5:24PM
    LambyrLambyr Forumite
    433 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 1 December 2021 at 5:24PM
    Lambyr said:

First it was £10,then £20 now £25 !! Sky really are taking the p*ss now!
    Yeah, it's turning into a bit of a joke. That plus the £5 per month charge they expect from Sky Glass viewers for fast-forwarding through ads is really starting to make them look like the Ryanair of Pay-TV. If they think they can charge for it, they will.

Charging extra for HD in 2021 is bad enough. When even the ads are now in HD, it kinda suggests HD is SD now.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
  • edited 1 December 2021 at 8:31PM
    mits999mits999 Forumite
    97 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 1 December 2021 at 8:31PM
    dessmith said:
    dessmith said:
    Been with Sky for years VIP Diamond etc, we're moving home in a week or so and special offers contract ended about a few months ago - I should have sorted out Sky months ago but there we go.

I called up and last week, ended up speaking with home moves, then with the "Value Team" best they offered us is:

Signature 21
    HD 3
    Superfast BB 17

Total as £46

Since then, we've had Black Friday and I've been looking around more and thinking this isn't such a great deal. 
    My plan is to call up, cancel and wait for their winback team to give us something better.

Also there is 31 days cooling off on that deal above so I'm assuming it's fine to call up, cancel and expect them to send offers after it's cancelled. I should note we're happy to be without TV / Broadband as we move etc.

Thanks
    Signature £10 to £14
    HD FREE
    Superfast BB £17

They should waive admin fee which can vary £10 to £25 depends on each individual advisor 
  • dessmithdessmith Forumite
    4 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    mits999 said:
    dessmith said:
    dessmith said:

Signature 21
    HD 3
    Superfast BB 17

Total as £46

Thanks
    Signature £10 to £14
    HD FREE
    Superfast BB £17

They should waive admin fee which can vary £10 to £25 depends on each individual advisor 
    Fascinating, thanks for the reply
  • ccdorsetccdorset Forumite
    196 Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    My Sky Q contract is ending on 4th January and I've just given my notice to cancel on Live Chat.

Signature and Multiscreen was going up to £39.85 a month (no HD or anything else).

I wanted to get rid of the Multiscreen as I never use it. Live Chat offered me Signature for £19 per month with a £10 admin fee.

I said no and they came back with £16 per month for Signature, still with the £10 admin fee.

I've gone ahead and cancelled, ideally I'd like Signature with HD but not unless Sky offer me a better deal.
  • joebobjoebob Forumite
    404 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    my sky Q with signature and superfast broadband finishes soon  was paying   £18 for signature and £26 for s/fast bb  =£44 a month rung up to cancel today as it was going up to £64  came back with  £44  then £41  then £38 turned them down and cancelled, See if they come back, if not seen NOW TV BB with included calls and 14 sky channels for  £23.