Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• manley
    manley Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Success at last!

Finally got Sky Q for £18 a month....

As per my previous posts Sky refused to move on any Sky Q deals and told me sky experience at £13 a month was mandatory! Rubbish!
    For the same content £50 for a 2TB box at £55 a month,

Sky have always agreed to match my current deal on a HD box of £17 a month (Ent/Kid/HD)
    I used sky chat, added boxsets at £1 extra, they agreed I could get a new HD box (turns out its refurbished) I was told they only do 500GB HD boxes now no 1TB or 2TB HD boxes (??)
    It was a new 12 month contract so I asked if it could be a 18 month one instead...yep no problem, £18 a month for 18 months

Once it was all confirmed I logged in to my account, around 5 minutes later, clicked on the offer of free mini box when upgrading to Sky Q,
    On the order page I deselected the mini box and the sky experience and clicked the 2TB Sky Q box

This took the box and installation from £75 to £199 payable straight away on a new 18 month contract,

I opened chat and got them to confirm my monthly payment would not change as I had already agreed a new 18 month contract 5 minutes earlier

I paid the £199 and it was fitted by sky yesterday

So technically £29 a month if you take into account the 2TB Sky Q box cost but still less than half what I was quoted by Sky previously

Oh and they still sent me a new HD box!
  • Part-Time_Samurai
    Options
    I too have an offer on http://www.sky.com/mydeal which prices the options, which I am interested in, as following;

Sky Entertainment @ £15
    Sky Sports (in HD) @ £17
    Box Sets @ £1
    HD @ £1
    TOTAL - £34

What is not noted is the ability to add multiroom. Does anyone know of any successful negotiations on the price of multiroom which, I believe, is £13 as standard? If I was to take the above package on a single Sky HD box would I just be able to add on multiroom, for a second Sky HD box, easily?

Separately, is it possible to take the above options, minus the Sky Sports (in HD), and still add it in at a later at the same price?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I too have an offer on http://www.sky.com/mydeal which prices the options, which I am interested in, as following;

Sky Entertainment @ £15
    Sky Sports (in HD) @ £17
    Box Sets @ £1
    HD @ £1
    TOTAL - £34

What is not noted is the ability to add multiroom. Does anyone know of any successful negotiations on the price of multiroom which, I believe, is £13 as standard? If I was to take the above package on a single Sky HD box would I just be able to add on multiroom, for a second Sky HD box, easily?

Separately, is it possible to take the above options, minus the Sky Sports (in HD), and still add it in at a later at the same price?

I've never clicked through that myself but I'd have thought that you have the option to remove any parts (such as Kids) before completing. Presumably that would include multi-room, there's no guarantee you'll get the same price for Sports in the future though.
  • 00tommo
    00tommo Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Been offered this deal today, the first call I've made to sky as today is the first day I can amend my current deal

Sky entertainment
    HD pack
    Kids pack
    Sky Q and multiroom
    Fibre max
    Line rental
    Evening and weekend calls

£65 a month.
    Don't think that seems too bad?
  • jojaca
    jojaca Posts: 112 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would want sports and movies for that price, rip off if you ask me.
  • 00tommo
    00tommo Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    jojaca wrote: »
    I would want sports and movies for that price, rip off if you ask me.

Was offered sports and movies for £99 a month!
    Cancelled my account now, wait to see if they come back to me in the next 30 days...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    00tommo wrote: »
    Cancelled my account now, wait to see if they come back to me in the next 30 days...
    Read the thread, the best deals are offered to those who actually cancel-not those in the notice period.
  • civicwalker
    civicwalker Posts: 113 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Managed to get 18 month contract for £47 per month:

Sky Entertainment = £25 per month including:
    Sky Kids
    Sky HD
    Sky Box Sets
    Sky Cinema
    Sky Go Extra

Sky Fibre Max (including line rental) £22
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Managed to get 18 month contract for £47 per month:

Sky Entertainment = £25 per month including:
    Sky Kids
    Sky HD
    Sky Box Sets
    Sky Cinema
    Sky Go Extra

Sky Fibre Max (including line rental) £22

SkY q? already cancelled?? or in notice period?
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • McNugget365
    Options
    Currently paying £42 per month for Sky Q 2tb, multi room, complete sports, HD, box sets, kids, entertainment (everything except cinema).

Was offered the same package for £56 per month by retentions and cancelled yesterday

My sky deals page offered me all channels including cinema for £40 per month on a 12 month contract, it didn't mention sky Q or multi room. I accepted the offer to see what would happen. If multi room and sky Q isn't included I will cancel again, thought it was worth the gamble to see.

Will update again once I know more
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure