Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• leonardo
    leonardo Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    manley wrote: »
    Success at last!

Finally got Sky Q for £18 a month....

As per my previous posts Sky refused to move on any Sky Q deals and told me sky experience at £13 a month was mandatory! Rubbish!
    For the same content £50 for a 2TB box at £55 a month,

Sky have always agreed to match my current deal on a HD box of £17 a month (Ent/Kid/HD)
    I used sky chat, added boxsets at £1 extra, they agreed I could get a new HD box (turns out its refurbished) I was told they only do 500GB HD boxes now no 1TB or 2TB HD boxes (??)
    It was a new 12 month contract so I asked if it could be a 18 month one instead...yep no problem, £18 a month for 18 months

Once it was all confirmed I logged in to my account, around 5 minutes later, clicked on the offer of free mini box when upgrading to Sky Q,
    On the order page I deselected the mini box and the sky experience and clicked the 2TB Sky Q box

This took the box and installation from £75 to £199 payable straight away on a new 18 month contract,

I opened chat and got them to confirm my monthly payment would not change as I had already agreed a new 18 month contract 5 minutes earlier

I paid the £199 and it was fitted by sky yesterday

So technically £29 a month if you take into account the 2TB Sky Q box cost but still less than half what I was quoted by Sky previously

Oh and they still sent me a new HD box!

Hi manley,

Sent over a pm.

Asking for some help.

Hope that's okay.

leonardo.
  • bigmac12
    bigmac12 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    00tommo wrote: »
    Been offered this deal today, the first call I've made to sky as today is the first day I can amend my current deal

Sky entertainment
    HD pack
    Kids pack
    Sky Q and multiroom
    Fibre max
    Line rental
    Evening and weekend calls

£65 a month.
    Don't think that seems too bad?

I got the above + sports for £61 a month - 18 month contract.
  • cheekyreddevil
    Options
    I gave my 31 day notice on 1st April, yesterday 5th May, I was switched off at half time in the football game..
    I went on live chat to see what was on offer and he gave me £60 a month for:
    Sky Entertainment
    Sky Kids
    All sports channels in HD
    Multiroom
    MUTV

I turned it down as had all the above for the past 12 months for £43..

This morning I went on live chat and didn't add MUTV and got £53 plus this £10 admin fee added. Again turned it down...

So far I have had nothing on my web page, tv or app..

Any idea how long I have to wait or are Sky not doing any offers anymore. Have been with them 23 years now..
  • Weave
    Weave Posts: 174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So I cancelled just over a month ago and have had no messages via the sky box, email, post or in my online account. Before I cancelled I was offered £10 off per month so still £50 a month instead of the £39 I was paying. We now have freesat but I miss sky+ and the easy catchup system as smart tv is a bit less friendly.

If I sign up for sky entertainment at £22 now are they likely to offer the option to add cinema, kids and box sets later at a reduced rate? Anyone taken this approach and done better than the initial offer before cancelling?

Thanks.
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They keep emailing me the same deal £15 ent, £17 sport, £10 cinema,£1 each for HD, Box sets and kids. 12 month contract. I'm getting Now tv for £3.20 a month which has all the channels I watch, so won't be returning to Sky.
  • McNugget365
    Options
    Currently paying £42 per month for Sky Q 2tb, multi room, complete sports, HD, box sets, kids, entertainment (everything except cinema).

Was offered the same package for £56 per month by retentions and cancelled yesterday

My sky deals page offered me all channels including cinema for £40 per month on a 12 month contract, it didn't mention sky Q or multi room. I accepted the offer to see what would happen. If multi room and sky Q isn't included I will cancel again, thought it was worth the gamble to see.

Will update again once I know more

OK, an update on the above.

Got an email on Saturday evening telling me that my offer has been processed and that my account has been reactivated. I checked my future bills and they were coming up as £57 per month (£17 more than they should have). £13 of this was the multiscreen charge which I half expected, and there was an extra £4 for HD sports (Honestly thought this was covered in the "HD" charge for £1 a month.

Phoned up to leave as the price was not as quoted, they weren't able to remove the sports HD charge, but they halved the multiroom charge, so my bills are now £51.50. Overall this means I am paying £9.50 more than my old deal except I now have sky cinema. I am on a 12 month contract for entertainment at £15 a month, everything else is 1 month rolling contract, so fairly happy with the outcome.
  • Raging_Bull
    Raging_Bull Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Having been on the Original package, I was offered Entertainment for £17 and this was his best offer with a £10 admin charge. I declined.

Looking on the box on the offers page, it gives me an offer of the Entertainment package for £15 extra for 12 months.

Extra to what? Is it just £15 presuming my contract ends or are they literally going to add £15 on to my bill. I find it strangely worded.
  • Vegastare
    Vegastare Posts: 998 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I hate the Sky merry go round and coming up again later this year.

We didn't want Q but to stay with HD+

Last round we found that they had been charging us for a piece of equipment the Sky fitter had taken away, it all got heated and got a good deal for 18mths

Plus ended up with a large refund.

They really don't make it easy.

I would think that with smart TV there game is changing and custom will go.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    OK, an update on the above.

Got an email on Saturday evening telling me that my offer has been processed and that my account has been reactivated. I checked my future bills and they were coming up as £57 per month (£17 more than they should have). £13 of this was the multiscreen charge which I half expected, and there was an extra £4 for HD sports (Honestly thought this was covered in the "HD" charge for £1 a month.

Phoned up to leave as the price was not as quoted, they weren't able to remove the sports HD charge, but they halved the multiroom charge, so my bills are now £51.50. Overall this means I am paying £9.50 more than my old deal except I now have sky cinema. I am on a 12 month contract for entertainment at £15 a month, everything else is 1 month rolling contract, so fairly happy with the outcome.

HD Sports was always separate to the other channels HD (rip off IMO) but I thought they scrapped the separate Sports HD awhile ago and gave it to all Sports subscribers?
  • Raging_Bull
    Raging_Bull Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Updating my previous post, I went online to the my deal page and took the clearer £15 offer there with no mention of the dreaded admin charge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback