Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Cramgirl wrote: »
    I'm currently out of contract with a Sky+ box (don't need anything as fancy as Sky Q) .
    My monthly bill is shortly due to increase to just over £71 for:
    Sky box sets / variety (old legacy package), HD pack, Sky sports complete pack, sports HD, Sky Cinema, SkyGo.

I've been offered:
    Entertainment pack 20
    HD 1
    Box sets 1
    Sports 16
    Sports HD 2
    Cinema 11
    Skygo Free

Total 51pm (18m contract) + one off £10 admin fee

I've been told the only channels I'll lose with the new package is Kids tv, which is no problem for me.

Initially tempted to go with the £20pm savings but noting other posters comments (particularly the cheaper entertainment pack) just wondered whether worth holding out for more discount? or am I being greedy?

I had the same package for £43 - with no price rise!
  • Northtim
    Northtim Posts: 180 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Any thoughts on what I should try and haggle for. Been with Sky ages, maybe 20 years. Currently on Box Sets “deal”, was £23 with last years poor discount and about to go up to £39.50, prob over £40 after price rise.

Don’t need box sets so I’d be happy with Sky Ent but would like the F1. Hoping to get that for below £30 or I’d cancel - realistic, too soft? What do you think?
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Northtim wrote: »
    Any thoughts on what I should try and haggle for. Been with Sky ages, maybe 20 years. Currently on Box Sets “deal”, was £23 with last years poor discount and about to go up to £39.50, prob over £40 after price rise.

Don’t need box sets so I’d be happy with Sky Ent but would like the F1. Hoping to get that for below £30 or I’d cancel - realistic, too soft? What do you think?

I've cancelled and been offered Sports £17, Ent £15, without any negotiation, so with a bit of haggling £30 should be possible.
  • NeillB
    NeillB Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just on the phone with Sky. Can I cancel
    my Sky TV packagef I am still within my minimum term contract due to a price rise (the same way you can with broadband and phones)?
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No, don`t think you can.
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • Northtim
    Northtim Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    mouse10 wrote: »
    I've cancelled and been offered Sports £17, Ent £15, without any negotiation, so with a bit of haggling £30 should be possible.

Is that with HD? I'd be happy with that, only got offered Ent&HD for £21 and they would add F1 at £10/mth (F1 £10 is a pretty standard deal I think). Have cancelled and if nothing better is offered I will let it cancel as really don't watch much that isn't freeview anyway and can do NowTV for a period.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Is that with HD? I'd be happy with that, only got offered Ent&HD for £21 and they would add F1 at £10/mth (F1 £10 is a pretty standard deal I think). Have cancelled and if nothing better is offered I will let it cancel as really don't watch much that isn't freeview anyway and can do NowTV for a period.

F1 is not available from Sky for new subscriptions as a standalone channel nowadays - its ALL sport or nothing !!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    F1 is not available from Sky for new subscriptions as a standalone channel nowadays - its ALL sport or nothing !!

Except they're not a new customer so I don't know why you're quoting them. F1 is certainly available to me for £10 a month.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,626 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »

You seem quite adept at posting clueless nonsense. Would it really be too much to just go and check the Sky site before posting incorrectly?

3-D775593-8-AE8-41-C1-B7-EC-744025-AEA6-A5.jpg

https://www.sky.com/shop/tv/sports?DCMP=afc-SkySports_F1strapline
    ====
  • mouse10
    mouse10 Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options

Sports is HD, another £1 for ent HD. Also offered box sets and kids for £1 each. Cinema £10. If I took sports and cinema together, £22 for both.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback