We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Tammykitty
    Tammykitty Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I cancelled last Friday, and got 50% for 10 months offered via My account on the tv for 10 months at the weekend. today, I got offered 50% off for the 12 months and accepted that.

After I cancelled the TV, I phoned back to cancel the BB and phone and got a deal on that.

Am paying £36 for Phone, BB, International call package and Original TV package (Was £29 last year, but that was due to them making mistakes, so quite happy with this deal)
  • Lady_Bee
    Lady_Bee Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    I've just got the original package reinstated, it was showing as 60% off at £9 in my account but have actually got it for £8 on a rolling contract. I did have a £5 offer a few weeks ago but they said they couldn't do that but said it would be £8. I didn't bother asking about credit seeing as others haven't had much success but I'm happy with £8 as that's less than last year and the rolling contract was the most important thing for me this time.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oakdene wrote: »
    Yeah thanks I have seen that, was just wondering if I could see when my sports/cinema discount ends.

It will show as a split pricing . ie 20th October to 14th November £X, 15th November to December 19th £Y
  • onashoestring
    Options
    Have had Sky for several years, never paid full price. Accepted 50% off for several years but always regretted not having the nerve to hold out for 60% deal.
    Decided this year would be different......Cancelled few weeks ago, immediately offered 40% off to stay which I turned down.
    Offered 50% on My Sky....not good enough...
    Live chat I asked for 60% off
    Sucess, Given 60% off for 12 months
    Variery + Sports + Cinema £27.20 per month
    Rolling contract I can cancel at anytime.
    Happy I'm paying £6.80 per month less than last year !

..... But gutted as just seen on forum someone had e-mail offering 75% off.....
  • shavy65
    shavy65 Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It`s time for the annually cancelling of Sky for me again. Been on Live Chat, after an hour my only offer (except cutting down my package) was 30% off for 10 months. He "promised" this was the best offer going at the moment. So notice given, and the waiting game starts.
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • shavy65
    Options
    Less than a minute after putting in my notice I`ve got the return to Sky with 50% off TV banner. Think I`ll sit tight and see if that improves any, before chances my luck on Chat again for a little more.
    Doesn't seem to be much success stories in regards to Credit at the moment I see.
    3.975 kWp System, South facing, 21 degree pitch, 15 x Canadian Solar Elps, Samil Inverter, location NE Scotland (Fraserburgh) Bring on the Sun :beer:
  • shavy65
    Options
    So, I see the 50% doesn`t extend to the HD package. My plan was to try the live chat and attempt to push for 60% off or some credit to see how that goes....it appears Sky have gotten wise to this. It won`t let me go into chat as it says something along the lines of - We see you have already given your notice, please contact the below number to change the date your package ends.

Except for calling up, or the offer on My Sky increasing I guess I`ll be taking the standard 50% off.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    shavy65 wrote: »
    He "promised" this was the best offer going at the moment. So notice given, and the waiting game starts.
    It's a pity they don't have an honesty policy.
  • hr100
    hr100 Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone got any Sky Q offers by cancelling?
  • superbigal36
    Options
    In reply to 138 they will discount Sports HD by 50% and multiscreen by 50% manually.

In reply to 140 the time to upgrade to Q is 24 hours after getting a new 1 year deal. All discounts except multiscreen transfer to the new Q contract.
    Also ensure if you have HD+ multiscreen and are updating to Q Multiscreen you put your current multiscreen on cancel notice.
    The 1 off installation. cost for a 2Gb Q box and 1 mini then drops from £200 to £100
    It favours someone it thinks is adding services.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback