We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,549 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    When I put in cancellation request ,I think the best that they would do was 20% off the package but nothing off the HD pack! That then increased to 35% off, and finally 50% for 10 months with no contract.
    Yesterday was switch off day - can't access my account via Interactive or Sky service app. and My Sky web page is still showing 50%:(
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 October 2016 at 4:50PM
    Options
    50% off for 10 months at the time of cancellation, then for 12 months, via email, next day.

60% off offer on Wednesday, to be taken by Friday,then on that day the same offer to Monday. (People have mentioned going for this and being told it was an error).

This reverted to 50% for 10 months and even two weeks after leaving has not changed.

For the other services, free broadband (worth £7.50) and no budging, so I'm with PlusNet, now.
  • TheGame21
    TheGame21 Posts: 189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So are Sky no longer offering 60% off now? I've just handed in my notice to cancel and currently it is displaying as 50%.
  • bubblegun
    bubblegun Posts: 210 Forumite
    Options
    TheGame21 wrote: »
    So are Sky no longer offering 60% off now? I've just handed in my notice to cancel and currently it is displaying as 50%.

You should take the telephone and broadband deal when you cancel and then you will get TV with 50% off on top of that deal.

So if you had BoxSets then your telephone and broadband would be £22.40 for 12 months then adding BoxSets back at 50% off then your total bill would be £31.40 for ~10 months.

Not too shoddy.

Better yet if you got it with 60% off TV and £100 credit which a few people still seem to be claiming have got.
  • TheGame21
    TheGame21 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    bubblegun wrote: »
    You should take the telephone and broadband deal when you cancel and then you will get TV with 50% off on top of that deal.

So if you had BoxSets then your telephone and broadband would be £22.40 for 12 months then adding BoxSets back at 50% off then your total bill would be £31.40 for ~10 months.

Not too shoddy.

Better yet if you got it with 60% off TV and £100 credit which a few people still seem to be claiming have got.

Unfortunately we have recently gone with BT for broadband. Will stick it out until close to the deadline and see what they offer.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TheGame21 wrote: »
    Unfortunately we have recently gone with BT for broadband. Will stick it out until close to the deadline and see what they offer.

Two weeks after switch off and I , like others have a 60% off offer, but people are reporting no luck with the usual added credit.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,549 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Two weeks after switch off and I , like others have a 60% off offer, but people are reporting no luck with the usual added credit.
    ...BUT what is being offered this year,compared to last, is the 60% off extends to HD Pack and multiscreen as well - saving me an extra £43+ in the next 12 months cf last year.:)
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is it possible to see online, in mysky, when any applicable offers on my package will end?
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Tammykitty
    Tammykitty Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    Options
    Oakdene wrote: »
    Is it possible to see online, in mysky, when any applicable offers on my package will end?

Yes, in the bills and payment section, there is a future costs section where you can see your bill for the next 3 months
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Tammykitty wrote: »
    Yes, in the bills and payment section, there is a future costs section where you can see your bill for the next 3 months

Yeah thanks I have seen that, was just wondering if I could see when my sports/cinema discount ends.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.5K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills