Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• Dawning
    Dawning Posts: 498 Forumite
    edited 5 October 2016 at 12:37PM
    Options
    So, it's that time of year again. Time to haggle (or not) with Sky.
    I'm tv only.

My current deal runs out in early December and it was the best they've ever offered me so I don't expect similar this year.
    I've just checked on My Account and my montly payment would be £80 for my current package when the deal ends. :eek:

The thread isn't as busy as usual but if they do offer me anything I'll update here. As ever, I know how much I'm prepared to pay for Sky and if they don't offer the same or better, I will do without it.
    Save
    Save
    Save
  • Hurley
    Hurley Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 5 October 2016 at 2:22PM
    Options
    I was with Plusnet before and, if I remember correctly, I was paying them approx. £24 per month for unlimited b/band, line rental and anytime calls.

My TV is with Sky and I am on a 50% off deal; including skysports. Not in contract; although this deal will expire later this year.

When plusnet announced their recent price increases, I phoned Sky and T/talk. T/talk offered me £43-70 per month for Sky sports, line rental, unlimited b/band and anytime calls.

I am currently pay sky £25-00 per month for my TV package.

I then phoned Sky to tell them what T/talk had offered me and spoke to a very helpful person from retentions. After some chat, he offered me the £9.99 deal, which I accepted. I am on a 12-month contract. I would have stayed with Plusnet if they had matched the sky offer but they couldn't.

What's your opinion of Plusnet? They have some terrible reviews on some sites which made me bottle joining them yesterday. But the same site has terrible reviews of Sky which I am happy with - so who knows?

Were the speeds /reliability what you expected?

Sky weren't offering me much when I just called them, 50% off tv for a year, fibre/phone deals same as what is on the site, no account credits offered so I just cancelled.
  • stephenliverpool1
    stephenliverpool1 Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 5 October 2016 at 3:00PM
    Options
    Hurley wrote: »
    What's your opinion of Plusnet? They have some terrible reviews on some sites which made me bottle joining them yesterday. But the same site has terrible reviews of Sky which I am happy with - so who knows?

Were the speeds /reliability what you expected?

Sky weren't offering me much when I just called them, 50% off tv for a year, fibre/phone deals same as what is on the site, no account credits offered so I just cancelled.

For me, they were very good. I was with them for almost 18 months. I renewed last year after my initial 12-month contract expired. They were the 1st b/band supplier for many years that I renewed my contract. I got 15-18 MB speeds with them. Sky is slightly worse but their b/band speeds are still good. My only issue was their retentions team were not good at matching or beating deals over the last few months; before that they were very good. Like I said, if they had matched the Sky deal, I would have stayed with them.
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Ah, I thought your offer was good. It's because you have moved to Sky, rather than renegotiated your deal with them, which is what I have to do.

PlusNet's offer is £23.49 ( line, ADSL and Anytime calls), which reduces to £16.82 with an £80 voucher via My Supermarket.

Has anyone had a recent good retention phone/broadband deal with Sky ?

If you lucky your TV is with Sky. If so, speak to T/talk before contacting Sky.

If not, good luck.
  • Hurley
    Options
    For me, they were very good. I was with them for almost 18 months. I renewed last year after my initial 12-month contract expired. They were the 1st b/band supplier for many years that I renewed my contract. I got 15-18 MB speeds with them. Sky is slightly worse but their b/band speeds are still good. My only issue was their retentions team were not good at matching or beating deals over the last few months; before that they were very good. Like I said, if they had matched the Sky deal, I would have stayed with them.

Thanks, I might just take a punt with them.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TalkTalk's offers are now useless.

I've tried Sky via chat and got a call back. All they will offer, even though tv goes off soon is free ADSL, so that's £25.40/month including Anytime extra.

It's not good enough and there was no further offer, even when I said a good phone price would mean I could afford tv too, so I am deciding between PlusNet and BT, but may have another try with a different Sky call person . (This one sounded Scottish and I've never had a good del from that call centre.)
  • Hurley
    Options
    TalkTalk's offers are now useless.

I've tried Sky via chat and got a call back. All they will offer, even though tv goes off soon is free ADSL, so that's £25.40/month including Anytime extra.

It's not good enough and there was no further offer, even when I said a good phone price would mean I could afford tv too, so I am deciding between PlusNet and BT, but may have another try with a different Sky call person . (This one sounded Scottish and I've never had a good del from that call centre.)

I've tried Sky about four times in the last week and always had the same offer. I've cancelled and the service app still offers the same.

Going to go with BT or PLusnet. Wish I had gone with Plusnet yesterday as they had a good deal on Fibre. BT have £100 reward cards on Fibre at the moment.
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    but may have another try with a different Sky call person . (This one sounded Scottish and I've never had a good del from that call centre.)

Whenever I have got a good deal with Sky, I have always spoken to an Indian call centre person.
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    Hurley wrote: »
    I've tried Sky about four times in the last week and always had the same offer. I've cancelled and the service app still offers the same.

Going to go with BT or PLusnet. Wish I had gone with Plusnet yesterday as they had a good deal on Fibre. BT have £100 reward cards on Fibre at the moment.

For info p/net do a better deal for BT Sports if you are interested.

Didn't Rachel Riley look fab today on Countdown ?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Whenever I have got a good deal with Sky, I have always spoken to an Indian call centre person.

The centre in Derby for me, after two poor offers from Scotland.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback