Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 30 July 2016 at 11:31AM
    Options
    Ive give my 30 days notice and been offered nothing, other than £125 prepaid card for introducing a friend! My sky (sports, movies, boxset, multiroom, broadband and phone) going from £38 to £112. Needless to say i wont be renewing my contact at the lack of offers from Sky lol

call hem every few days, I got an offer via email for 50% off TV and then free 12 months of line rental. Obviously they came separately.
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • MoneySaver5678
    Options
    Just had the offer of 50% off sky Tv for 12 months and a free 32" LG Tv, im going to hold out as i would like phone and broadband included....At least its a start lol
    If ive helped in any way please feel free to hit the "thanks" button!
    It only takes a second and means so much ;) :beer:
  • csgohan4
    csgohan4 Posts: 10,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Just had the offer of 50% off sky Tv for 12 months and a free 32" LG Tv, im going to hold out as i would like phone and broadband included....At least its a start lol

You can accept the offer in the meantime as you have 30 days to cancel it

Broadband and TV are different teams and hence will be treated separately offers wise. I would accept the TV one first. Then call every so often to get any good broadband deals.

You don't have to stay with SKY there's a good BT deal atm
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ Bowlhead99 RIP
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    csgohan4 wrote: »
    You can accept the offer in the meantime as you have 30 days to cancel it

Broadband and TV are different teams and hence will be treated separately offers wise. I would accept the TV one first. Then call every so often to get any good broadband deals.

You don't have to stay with SKY there's a good BT deal atm
    You can afford to let the tv go off, as it is very quickly reinstated with no penalty, but phone/bb are another matter.If no new provider is instructed the phone number will be lost, extra costs incurred and there will be a number of days/weeks without the service .
  • Michael_Nottingham
    Options

How did you get the TV as well as the 50% off?
  • Ziggy_Stardust
    Ziggy_Stardust Posts: 1,418 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Is the TV any good? I'm due to cancel my tv package next week although I'm only on the original package. As for BB/phone, I called the other day and got offered £10 off line rental and half price anytime calls at £4, standard BB stayed at £7.50
  • cycloneuk
    cycloneuk Posts: 363 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 July 2016 at 7:47PM
    Options
    I had a 60% off for 12 months and £50 credit last year, put my cancellation request in this afternoon and immediately got a 50% off offer in MySky.

Decided to give livechat a try and while he couldn't match last years offer I still got 50% off for 12 months with no contract and a £50 credit without any hassle.
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    Got a really good deal with Sky.

My b/band and phone were with Plusnet. I have a 50% off deal with Sky for Entertainment package and SkySports.

Spoke to TalkTalk, who offered me Sky Sports, unlimited b/band (not fibre), anytime call phone plan for £43-70 per month.

Then spoke to Sky retentions, who offered me unlimited b/band, anytime calls package, line rental and my half-price TV package for £35-00 per month (including Sky Sports).

I am on a 12 month contract, which does not include my TV package.

I will call Sky later this year when my TV deal expires to ensure that I get another 50% off deal.

I suggest that everyone contacts TalkTalk to see what deals they are offering before contacting Sky retentions. Very impressed.
  • sapphi2ndrow
    Options
    :j In an desperate effort to cut my monthly bills back I cancelled my sky account. It's basic package plus the children channel's which was costing £32 pm. They've now offered my the same deal for 50% cheaper for the next 12 months. I've checked the t&c's and it will be back to its normally price in 12 months..... better in my pocket than theirs!
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sky seem to be getting mean with tv offers dropping the 60% off offer back to 50% for 10months (ie about 40% over all). Their loss as most will not be interested and we won't die without paid for tv.

However, phone and broadband are essential, so what recent offers have people managed ?

Talk Talk have gone mean, too with no vouchers and they are no longer offering pay up front on line, reckoning their £22.95 for ADSL and line fixed price is a better deal. (Really?)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback