Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Options

Comments

• stephenliverpool1
    Options
    I got £9.99 per month for unlimited b/band, unlimited anytime calls and line rental. In a 12-month contract. My sky tv is not in contract and I will renew later this year when my deal expires and I will get at least 50% off.
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    Are they still doing credit to account as well

Some people quoting 50 or 100 credit.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Are they still doing credit to account as well

Some people quoting 50 or 100 credit.

Nothing recently mentioned; just the fact that some of us had a 50% off for 10 months offer, followed by a 60% offer, which ended on Friday or last night and now the offer is back to the useless 50% off for 10 months, again (which only works out at around 40% off over 12 months)

I have had 50% off tv with £50 credit for this ending year, but credits seem to be getting offered less often,now.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    I got £9.99 per month for unlimited b/band, unlimited anytime calls and line rental. In a 12-month contract. My sky tv is not in contract and I will renew later this year when my deal expires and I will get at least 50% off.
    Do you have that in writing ,as it seems odd to offer the £8 calls package free ?

My offer last year was to have been £9.99 line, free ADSL and £8 calls, but a CS person messed up, so a manager sorted half price line, free ADSL and £8 calls, which was better than the original.
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Do you have that in writing ,as it seems odd to offer the £8 calls package free ?

My offer last year was to have been £9.99 line, free ADSL and £8 calls, but a CS person messed up, so a manager sorted half price line, free ADSL and £8 calls, which was better than the original.

Yes....I have this in writing. They posted me a copy of contract with the prices.
  • jiggy2
    jiggy2 Posts: 470 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    On 29 September, via online chat I got 60% off Sky TV and £50 credit to the account with no contract.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    jiggy2 wrote: »
    On 29 September, via online chat I got 60% off Sky TV and £50 credit to the account with no contract.

I know that tv has been offered at 60% (I had the offer, but it's lapsed and others say it's vanished from their live offers ), but I am asking specifically about a phone and broadband offer, which is usually a separate matter.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    Yes....I have this in writing. They posted me a copy of contract with the prices.

What were you on before and how did you haggle that ? I'd be happy with just the free ADSL and cheap line, but your offer is fantastic.
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    What were you on before and how did you haggle that ? I'd be happy with just the free ADSL and cheap line, but your offer is fantastic.

I was with Plusnet before and, if I remember correctly, I was paying them approx. £24 per month for unlimited b/band, line rental and anytime calls.

My TV is with Sky and I am on a 50% off deal; including skysports. Not in contract; although this deal will expire later this year.

When plusnet announced their recent price increases, I phoned Sky and T/talk. T/talk offered me £43-70 per month for Sky sports, line rental, unlimited b/band and anytime calls.

I am currently pay sky £25-00 per month for my TV package.

I then phoned Sky to tell them what T/talk had offered me and spoke to a very helpful person from retentions. After some chat, he offered me the £9.99 deal, which I accepted. I am on a 12-month contract. I would have stayed with Plusnet if they had matched the sky offer but they couldn't.
  • teddysmum
    edited 4 October 2016 at 6:44PM
    Options
    I was with Plusnet before and, if I remember correctly, I was paying them approx. £24 per month for unlimited b/band, line rental and anytime calls.

My TV is with Sky and I am on a 50% off deal; including skysports. Not in contract; although this deal will expire later this year.

When plusnet announced their recent price increases, I phoned Sky and T/talk. T/talk offered me £43-70 per month for Sky sports, line rental, unlimited b/band and anytime calls.

I am currently pay sky £25-00 per month for my TV package.

I then phoned Sky to tell them what T/talk had offered me and spoke to a very helpful person from retentions. After some chat, he offered me the £9.99 deal, which I accepted. I am on a 12-month contract. I would have stayed with Plusnet if they had matched the sky offer but they couldn't.

Ah, I thought your offer was good. It's because you have moved to Sky, rather than renegotiated your deal with them, which is what I have to do.

PlusNet's offer is £23.49 ( line, ADSL and Anytime calls), which reduces to £16.82 with an £80 voucher via My Supermarket.

Has anyone had a recent good retention phone/broadband deal with Sky ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback