Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options
1345346347348349351»

Comments

• Maerko
    Maerko Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    victor2 said:
    Maerko said:
    I have the ultimate Volt bundle including Sky, TNT, Viaplay Sports. 1GB broadband etc. I cancelled the contract which is due to end 10th May. Initially the retention team offered it for £86. I phoned back today and they said the offer is now £120! They had told me they would keep the offer of £86 if I phoned back! I'm unsure what to do now!

Welcome to the forum!
    It is generally a waste of time calling them. But if you have the number the retentions person called you from (usually a mobile in my experience), you could call that and will probably get the same person. I've never tried that, but that's what the last retentions person who called me told me.
    Failing that, make sure they've got your cancellation notice, which I assume they have and is the only useful reason to call them, and hope retentions call you again.
    Hopefully, you've got an alternative service in mind should they not call you...
    Thanks they contacted me this morning and offered me the whole package for £75.99 which I decided to accept. Can't imagine getting a deal offering the main sports channels and 1GB broadband for a better price.
  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,609 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maerko said:
    victor2 said:
    Maerko said:
    I have the ultimate Volt bundle including Sky, TNT, Viaplay Sports. 1GB broadband etc. I cancelled the contract which is due to end 10th May. Initially the retention team offered it for £86. I phoned back today and they said the offer is now £120! They had told me they would keep the offer of £86 if I phoned back! I'm unsure what to do now!

Welcome to the forum!
    It is generally a waste of time calling them. But if you have the number the retentions person called you from (usually a mobile in my experience), you could call that and will probably get the same person. I've never tried that, but that's what the last retentions person who called me told me.
    Failing that, make sure they've got your cancellation notice, which I assume they have and is the only useful reason to call them, and hope retentions call you again.
    Hopefully, you've got an alternative service in mind should they not call you...
    Thanks they contacted me this morning and offered me the whole package for £75.99 which I decided to accept. Can't imagine getting a deal offering the main sports channels and 1GB broadband for a better price.

It's often "better the devil you know"! :)

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• victor2
    victor2 Posts: 7,609 Ambassador
    I'm a Volunteer Ambassador First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mind you, the latest from Ofcom...

I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• jaybee1982
    jaybee1982 Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 April at 7:58PM
    Options
    2 days from disconnect I got a text to call a number, they gave me;

1 Gig Broadband
    Mega TV (top package)
    Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
    TNT (BT Sports)
    HD Pack
    x 1 additional box
    Phone line (which I don't use)

£58

Strangely enough, removing sports and cinema meant the price was over £70,

The number is 0203 743 6951, though make sure you have a pending disconnect before ringing.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maerko said:
    victor2 said:
    Maerko said:

Welcome to the forum!
    2 days from disconnect I got a text to call a number, they gave me;

1 Gig Broadband
    Mega TV (top package)
    Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
    TNT (BT Sports)
    HD Pack
    x 1 additional box
    Phone line (which I don't use)

£58

Strangely enough, removing sports and cinema meant the price was over £70,

The number is 0203 743 6951, though make sure you have a pending disconnect before ringing.

Given the post on the same day for £58 it seems it may have been possible to get it nearly £20 cheaper than you settled for. It is such a lottery what we get offered!

if you are happy with your price (which is still much better than the go to rate) then you can do nothing. Alternatively you are in your cooling off period so could potentially re-cancel and hold out for a better price.

• whattochoose
    whattochoose Posts: 696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My present contract with Virgin expires at the end of July. 
    However, Virgin are wasting no time in inundating me with offers, inviting me to renew my contract. The latest one would see an increase in my monthly charge, on top of the recent one in April, and lacking TNT sports, that I have at present.
    I'll be declining their offer and putting in my contract cancellation at the appropriate time.
    Another thing I'm not happy about is that they want me to switch from a V6 box, which I'm perfectly happy with, to one of their 360 boxes. I understand this result in losing all my recorded content, and having to operate the new box via remote control.
    Can members give me their thoughts on the new box, if they have one?
    Thank you.

• ididgetwhereiamtoday
    Options
    My present contract with Virgin expires at the end of July. 
    However, Virgin are wasting no time in inundating me with offers, inviting me to renew my contract. The latest one would see an increase in my monthly charge, on top of the recent one in April, and lacking TNT sports, that I have at present.
    I'll be declining their offer and putting in my contract cancellation at the appropriate time.
    Another thing I'm not happy about is that they want me to switch from a V6 box, which I'm perfectly happy with, to one of their 360 boxes. I understand this result in losing all my recorded content, and having to operate the new box via remote control.
    Can members give me their thoughts on the new box, if they have one?
    Thank you.

Not remote control! Modern tech eh?
  • whattochoose
    whattochoose Posts: 696 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oops! My post should have said voice remote control.
  • JSmithy45AD
    JSmithy45AD Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Oops! My post should have said voice remote control.
    The 360 remotes have voice control as well (does anything NOT have it nowadays). Obviously swapping boxes is going to lose you the recordings and the scheduled recordings as well as it would changing boxes on any system.

If you ever update the V6 box to the 360 Horizon software you'll have the exact same problem.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback