Virgin Media retention deals (post your haggling successes)

Options

Comments

• kieronbrophy
    Options
    Hi All
    please see below can you give me an opinion on the Virgin deal I am currently on. Are virgin doing any deals ATM?
    any info is much appreciated
    thanks
    Kieron

Bundle Charges
    Talk More Anytime Multi Talk 1000 VIVID 100 Optical Fibre Loyalty Customer Discount
    Bundle Charges total£41.00
    Promotional offer(s)
    You'Re Receiving A œ7 Loyalty Discount. If You Change Your Package You May Lose This Discount Which Will End 03-APR-19
    Promotional offer(s)CR £12.00
    Phone line rental
    Telephone Line Rental
    Phone line rental total£19.00
    Your package total£48.00
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    But that deal / current charges expires in April .
    VM web site for deals or an ISP checker ( top of Page )
  • WhatARipOff
    Options
    As per Martins advice to dump stupid size Bill's:money:

Earlier this evening called virgin to give 30 days notice, within 30 minutes my TV access was suspended

After 11 years can't say I'm surprised by the care received

(just waiting to see if they will pay my refund in record time too) won't be holding my breath thou
  • unique.mo
    unique.mo Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a quick update. I called VM back with 6 days remaining till cancellation to see if they could do anything re change in package to BB 100 MB. Was told outbound retention will be in contact to discuss and offer the best deal.

I did not hear back from them so cancellation went through after being with them for well over a decade.

I wasn't shocked as they made it pretty clear it was either their ransom deal or no deal when I first spoke to outbound retention. Glad its cancelled as rather try other providers but will have to see who offers a reasonable deal.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Looks like many ISPs are no longer keen to cut prices .
  • HarryHotspur
    Options
    Phoned Virgin Media last evening - selected option to leave and eventually got through to retentions. I'm out of contract and been paying too much but was instantly offered £29 month for Vivid 100 and Talk weekends - first month free, then £10, then £29 for a year. I've accepted that as don't want to leave and it's close to offer being made to new customers. Very simple, didnt even get as far as verbally threatening to leave.
  • biggie28
    Options
    350MB with talk weekend contract expired, price went up to £52/month, gave disconnection notice... got a call 1 week later from retention team... new deal is:

350MB broadband only
    £32/month + £40 credit = £29/month
  • TREVORCOLMAN
    TREVORCOLMAN Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    Options
    I am just under 2 weeks from cancellation, I have had no call back either - I would have been interested in what they had to offer. Ah well they clearly not bothered in retaining me. Time to give another provider an chance, especially with lots of new customer offers AND QUIDCO CB.
    I am NOT a mortgage & insurance adviser - or anything to do with finance, that was put on by the new system I dont know why?!
  • dekaspace
    dekaspace Posts: 5,705 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Last year I was paying £35 for 200 meg internet and anytime calls, then it went up to £43, now the best they tell me is they can do the same for £50 a month!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I have a Vm contract that until I made the mistake of watching a couple of netflix programmes on my laptop suddenly was messaged to say I only had 1.12 gb left from my 'capped' 30GB data per month As I have rarely, if ever, watched TV via my laptop I was to say the least very surprised and shocked as I had no idea that my data was 'capped' at all I phoned them yesterday as I have been off line almost for the past two weeks in case it expired altogether .They basically told me that to have unlimited Data I would have to pay an extra £25. per month on top of the £31 I pay at the moment So I told them I was not going to be threatened like this and I would wait until my contract was up for renewal and probably take my business elsewhere have been first with Blueyonder ,then when bought out by Virgin, with them But I can see the parting of the ways for me and VM after 17 years I shall be looking for another company I think loyalty obviously means nothing to them at all
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback