We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Options

Comments

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ahhh thank you Susie.

We have come back from a really great holiday in Cornwall. We went for 9 days and spent 5 days on the beach - it was fantastic. Other days were spent either walking or sightseeing. DP and I took it in turns to pay each day so I ended up with 15 NSD for August!!

I spent about £250 on food/days out etc and £230 on the b & b so not bad.

Washer has been on overtime since we came back and managed to peg out too. Spent £60 in Aldi but no alcohol or meat in that really, we need to nip to Tesco tomorrow for extra bits.

Uniform for my youngest son is sorted, he goes into Year 10 this time. I shall see if I can get another pack of school shirts in Tesco tomorrow.

Paid off 12% of my kitchen now. Paid £400 off my CC which had crept up slightly because of my sons carpet. I need to clear that before Christmas ideally!

Nice to be back but now need to get my head around school!
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done on the 15 NSDs and paying off 12% of the kitchen already! Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Did you cover lots of Cornwall or just one part?

All the best for the new term.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • louby40
    Options
    Honeysuckle, we stayed near Charlestown which was lovely. We did spend a day down at Lizard Point and went to watch a play at the Minnack theatre. Totallly fell in love with Cornwall.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,108 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Love Cornwall for hols you can't go wrong.

On the handbag thing on PSL's page , I love handbags but can't justify spending the money on them anymore . I have sold a few in recent years. However my gran always had new to her handbags . She just went to charity shops and found one she liked, kept it for a couple of months , took it back to a charity shop and bought another . My favourite bag now is a black leather one bought for £7.50 in a charity shop .
  • louby40
    Options
    Today has been sorting out washing and putting stuff away. Nipped to Tesco and a couple of other shops to buy a few other bits and pieces.

Just been re-capping on my planning for next week - tomorrow is first day back at work for 3 months - bar the 3 days i went in at the end of term.

We have a new headteacher starting tomorrow - we know he is going to do some sort of ice-breaker activities tomorrow for our Inset day and some of us aren't impressed. We normally have a quick whole staff meeting in the morning and then spend time in classrooms in the afternoon. We don't need to break any ice - we've all known and worked together for years! I'm hoping it's just his way of getting to know us!

Willing to go along with it of course but hoping he isn't going to make loads of changes!

Money wise everything is paid and sorted. Hoping September is going to be a low spend month.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    In a similar boat here Louby. Waiting to see what will change and what will stay the same!

Charlestown...isn't that where some of the Poldark harbour scenes were shot?
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • louby40
    Options
    It certainly is Honey! We had a meal there and a wander around the harbour. Loved it!

Well today has gone ok. The poor man has very big shoes to fill as our last Head was brilliant. Not totally sure about him yet, but we shall see.

Nice to catch up with everyone though. Tomorrow is when the real work starts!
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Hope today isn't too tricky for you and the new Head turns out to be a good boss. Always a tentative time.

Meant to ask, have you got a date in mind you'd like the kitchen paid off?
  • louby40
    Options
    I've got 2 years to pay it off - so July 2019 is the end date. It's on 0% . I'd like to pay it off sooner but currently my savings have gone as I've spent it on my sons carpet, so I need to build that up again.

My CC is at £400 so I need to get that gone too. That's my only debt other than the kitchen, car and mortgage.
  • louby40
    Options
    Ha ha..... laughing at my comment above.... that's the only debt....

I'm surrounded by debt BUT it's less than when I started my journey and I have things to show for it.

Back at school good and proper now. Lovely class, 5 year olds so still cute and soak up information like sponges. Forgot how much there is to do on a day to day basis plus we have a new head so got to be on the ball.

He's impressing us so far. All is good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family