• mummytogirls
    Options
    Im glad your first week back has gone well Louby xx
    Mummytogirls x

• louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well it's the weekend and I was so tired last night.

Enjoyed my first full week back at work for 3 months. Forgot how hard it can get, juggling all the different subjects, but soon back into it.

Our new headteacher seems nice. He's introduced a few new things, mostly with assemblies and how we come into school. He bought a big tub of chocolates on Friday to say thank you for being so welcoming which was a lovely gesture.

Money wise all is good. Spend £50 in Aldi, then £17 in Morrisons - but £10 of that was on a cardigan for work. My black cardi has a hole in it and paint on the sleeve - I've had it about 6 yrs so I'm definitely due a new one.

Spent about £50 on my youngest this week, 3 books for English and a Biology event where they get to be surgeons for the day! He's starting his GCSEs this year, he's in top sets for everything and could do really well if he pushes himself.

Only me and DP about for tea so I think we're eating left overs!
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Glad you had a good first week. That age group are the best...my favourite! What a nice thing for the Head to do. Chocolate and cake always welcome...!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    So glad your first week back went well Louby. Our head likes to put chocs and biscuits in the staff room too which I always appreciate :D xx
    Mummytogirls x

• louby40
    Options
    Can't beat chocolate. Need to knuckle under with the healthier eating though now, it's not been terrible this week but not brilliant either. Lost a bit of mojo with the gym - maybe because I've been focusing on work so much - hopefully it will come back. I've got a spin class booked for Wednesday.

3 NSD days this week and 4 in total for September. All is good with the budget. Need to keep a tight reign on it though. Pay day is in 16 days! Need to book my car in for its MOT before the end of September.

Right....the ironing is calling!
  • louby40
    Options
    The days are whizzing by. Tuesday is done already...nearly!

So busy at work, getting used to my new class and a new classroom. Enjoying it though.

Budget is looking ok so far with 2 weeks to payday. Nights and mornings are getting darker though which is depressing. I hate winter and being cold
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Louby - I actually enjoy the early nights. It reminds me that Christmas is coming which I just love. Speaking of which, are you on track to save your £600 for xmas with all that's going on?
  • louby40
    Options
    Hi Speky, yes I save £50 a month and I'm on track so far. From the 1 st Dec I'm going to start another savings account with First Direct - they do one that you can't touch for 12 months so that's a good incentive not to dip into it - not that I do anyway.

I've also started saving £50 a month now towards future car bills, plus house insurance which I shall start using from next May. I want to pay for things yearly instead of monthly so I've started putting that away, only got £50 so far but it will soon mount up.

I'm pleased with my spending and saving this year. I just now need to increase my savings.

Canceled the gym class, slept terrible last night with the howling rain, not to mention next doors stupid wind chimes and my increasing night sweats/flushes- totally worn out. May go out for a walk in a min if the rain stays away.

6 NSD! 13 days till pay day and £260 left in the spending account.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Go you! Super organised and we all know the benefits of paying things off yearly - no interest!
  • louby40
    Options
    Can't believe I've been back at work for 2 weeks already! Work is good but tiring!

Money was going well until my 14 yr old said he had got a hole in his school shoes. He has had them a year to be fair but I think he's stopped growing so was hoping they would last. He's 6 foot and takes a size 11 shoe :eek: so I've transferred him £50 and he's going to buy some after he finishes his Saturday job today. I'm just hoping he buys sensible shoes otherwise school will be sending him home. He's very mature for his age so fingers crossed.

In other news my 17 yr old failed his driving theory test again ( this is the third time) he keeps failing it by 1/2 marks and he's gutted. So I've told him to book it again and I'll pay. I feel so sorry for him. His dad has already bought him a car and he has over £1k for insurance that I've been saving for him through a savings bond. But it's £23 a go for the theory so not cheap.

10 days to pay day and plenty of money to last till pay day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure