We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Round and round the overdraft....soon to be no more

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    Hi Louby. Your life sounds very content and settled right now. Maybe it's no coincidence it's the school holidays!

I wanted to ask you if orange Is the new black is worth watching to the end. I'm renting it from lovefilm so takes a while which i don't mind if it's worth watching. But I really want The end to be her getting out but I also don't want to know the ending!

With your house I think it's very hard when you have a new partner. My small flat has a surprising amount of equity and if I met someone now it would be difficult financially unless they had equivalent money in savings and we could buy somewhere new. Which seems unlikely.

I would probably do the same as you. The thing is in this world I have seen perfectly trustworthy rationale people see that they are lawfully "entitled" to something and then they want it. It's hard to know what to do really.
    This is terrible also but I have a friend of a friend and the world at large believes they have married for money. And that I find very sad and also quite frightening. Of course this will never be a problem for me and there is always the possibility that everyone is wrong and I like to think it is love. But I just think the whole money and relationship mix is always a hard thing to balance.

I'm trying to have a few more NSDs which I always think you are queen of. Sometimes when I realise I have had one it reminds me of you. Hope you are having a good weekend. xxx
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • louby40
    louby40 Posts: 1,523 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ahh PSL that's such a lovely post - thank you. I suppose my life is pretty settled at the moment - the money never seems to stretch though but at least I do have positive things to see for it - my house is slowly being modernised and freshened up.

My plan is to spend 2017 - 2019 trying to finish my house off and then afterwards hopefully I can get back to going on holiday more.

My DP is lovely but as I've said he would gain a lot and I would lose a lot if we married and then split! It's a difficult situation when you reach your 40's.

Orange is the New Black is definitely worth watching to the end, although they are making a new series I think so it's not officially ended yet. We watched it on Netflix.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    I've said it before Louby, you sound super organised and you've got a long term plan. Hope you have a good week :)
  • louby40
    Options
    The days are whizzing by.

Today has been NSD # 11. I might squeeze another one in on Wednesday but then we go on holiday for 9 days and I suspect will be spending most days then.

Today I've done 2 loads of washing, pegged out jeans and towels but didn't dare peg much more out as it's looked like rain all day.

I got the case down and have begun to organise and pack a few things. My parents came over to bring a wind break that we're borrowing and to give my DS some Euros as they are off to Crete tomorrow with their dad.

So now we are child free until the 2nd September.

Tomorrow is a trip to the hairdressers and fill up with petrol. I may try and get to the gym too at some point.
  • louby40
    Options
    Yesterday I did 6 surveys on PA and earnt £6.30! Not bad for very little input.

Off to the hairdressers shortly. Decided against the gym first thing, just couldn't get motivated. Sorted a few more things out for our holiday to Cornwall. Keep checking the weather and hoping for sun but packing for every eventuality and if the sun comes out it's a bonus.

Trying to group all my spending into today so I can get a NSD tomorrow- how sad do we become when trying to get our debt down.

Also found £3 in a coat pocket!!! Made my day:rotfl:
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope you enjoyed your time in the hairdressers Louby!!!

Hate having to pack for every eventuality! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• louby40
    Options
    NSD #12, quite chuffed with that. Off on holiday tomorrow so doubt there will be any more.

Today I've been to Zumba, washed the bedding plus another dark load. Cleaned the kitchen and ate egg on toast for lunch (used up the eggs)

I've just cashed out £17 on surveys which will go straight to my cc. I've also done another few surveys so it's slowly mounting up.

When we get back from Cornwall we need to do a BIG Aldi shop as we have very little in now. We've even run out of toilet rolls apart from the ones actually on the holders :rotfl:
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Enjoy your time in Cornwall!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Enjoy your well deserved holiday and no need to worry about your NSD's for the remainder of the month, you've done fantastic in July and August.
  • SusieT78
    SusieT78 Posts: 56 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Louby,

I'm returning your visit to my diary. I've read yours from beginning to end and it's very inspirational seeing how much debt you paid off in a year, and how comitted and organised you have been in doing it.
    I know you've taken on some additional debt for your kitchen but it sounds like it's added value to your house and made you happier to be at home, and it sounds like you have a plan to get that paid of before the 0% runs out.
    I hope you've fully recovered from your surgery now and are having a fab time on your Cornwall break.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport