Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Options

Comments

• poppellerant
    Options
    After calling Iresa about a problem with not being able to view my bills, it transpired that only the electricity has transferred over to my new provider. I was supposed to starting supply with my new provider today. Iresa don't see any reason for the transfer not to go ahead and confirmed they had not raised any objections. My new provider are looking into this and I should be contacted in the next few days - probably Monday now.

I have to say I won't miss the call queues, especially after today. I was on the phone for over 90 minutes - about 10 minutes of that was actually speaking to somebody. :mad:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nickcc wrote: »
    Most of us are simple soles and just rely on simple comparison sites. If it shows a supplier as being cheaper than our present supplier then that's who we go for. You obviously have far more insight than i do so I'll just have to trust the comparison site.

It’s not a question of being clever. Ofgem uses a rolling 12 months cost projection so if you have 1 month left on your present tariff then your cost for next 12 months - if you did nothing - is 1 month on present tariff plus 11 months on the standard variable rate = higher cost. You choose a new tariff which is MORE expensive than the one you are on; however, the PCW shows a saving because the annual cost on your new tariff is less than the do nothing option. Just do the simple ‘12 months on present tariff’ compared to ‘12 months on possible new tariff’ and you will be fine.

The Ofgem methodology on savings is only flawed for consumers on fixed tariffs with less than 12 months to run.
  • JenniferK
    Options
    JenniferK wrote: »
    Iresa's billing system has gone into melt down. I switched away in January. After switching they produced a final gas bill and I had a small credit. Now the account is showing £2669.24 as they have added the final bill 30 times. The fun part will be if they try to collect that.

Can't see this company surviving long. Its a pity that OFFGEMs ineffectiveness is allowing them to inflict misery and worry on their customers.

Now the account is showing £3,129.46 owed.

What are they playing at?
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    keep a screenshot - could be useful 1 day; software engineers (not very good ones) tend to iterate towards a solution; but sometimes things get worse before they get better. It's not good practice to do this sort of thing on a live system either.
    PS. My gas readings still aren't authorising.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • JenniferK
    Options

What are they playing at?

Now at £3,497.63 - that's four years worth of gas and electric.

Keeping full records of this in case they try to collect (DD cancelled). Of course they haven't replied to any messages and life is too short to spend time on the phone.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My leccy bill for Jan. has now appeared -and agrees with Account charges page and my spreadsheet.
    Only potential issue is that the tariff panel on the bill now shows Flex 5 fixed which shouldn't apply until 4th March -so it will be "interesting" to see what tariff is used for Feb. charges/bill.
  • quiet_advisor
    Options
    Iresa has produced my electricity account for January showing zero charges for units and daily use. I sent in meter readings when they asked too. I should be transferring to Tonik next week, if all goes well. Looking into the sky does one see a flying pig?

I wrote to Ofgem with evidence of Iresa failing to meet licence obligations relating to the use of customer meter readings and also incorrect transfer blocking, concerned that it impacted customers more generally. Ofgem was not interested at all - not even a "thanks we are monitoring"- I was just told to contact Citizens Advice.

I did have more apparent interest from Ofgem relating to Iresa's failure to meet the Consumer Complaint Regulations (all suppliers are required to publish details of their complaints every six months). Ofgem said they were monitoring closely and in discussion with the company.

Ever onwards!
  • poppellerant
    Options
    Bills produced today. No issues with my electric bill, but my gas bill only uses my reading from near the beginning of January rather than the one at the end of January. So I could owe them a months worth of gas usage for all I know.

I am tempted to cancel my direct debit with them now. Both accounts are in credit and my gas should be with my new provider very soon - it just means it might take a little longer to get my refund.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,515 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I am tempted to cancel my direct debit with them now. Both accounts are in credit and my gas should be with my new provider very soon - it just means it might take a little longer to get my refund.

In your situation (and in view of the gas billing issue reported by JenniferK:eek: ) I would definitely cancel the DD, THEN fight for the refund -God only knows what your last DD might be.:rotfl:
  • poppellerant
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    In your situation (and in view of the gas billing issue reported by JenniferK:eek: ) I would definitely cancel the DD, THEN fight for the refund -God only knows what your last DD might be.:rotfl:
    I've been in a queue since 9am waiting to speak to somebody - thing are looking hopeful as I am now caller 25 in the queue. :eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure