The EU: IN or OUT?

Options

Comments

• BucksLady
    BucksLady Posts: 567 Forumite
    Options
    Goodness me, he didn't hold back, did he lol. I'm not a fan of Farage or Ukip, but do believe it was time for those MEPs to receive their wake up call. I expect they will be glad to be shot of him, but my feeling is that they've not heard the last of it yet.

I was quite annoyed to see our PM in the House yesterday. He looked as if he had won the lottery.

As for Corbyn - surely it's time for him to hang up his boots.

I do agree with you :)

I feel that the politicians are making a mockery of their privilege, and are so busy point scoring that they are creating a crisis within politics.
  • Daniel54
    Daniel54 Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 June 2016 at 9:29PM
    Options

I cannot believe how people do not see it... I do not expect all readers to be business savvy, but it should be clear to most what business could and would do in that scenario.

Absolutely this

As a counterpoint to the jingoistic and economically illiterate rantings of Blutto and his like,there have been a some good pieces today by Ben Bernanke and Robin Niblett ( Director of Chatham House)

http://www.brookings.edu/blogs/ben-bernanke/posts/2016/06/28-brexit

https://www.chathamhouse.org/expert/comment/brexit-reality

Now that the referendum campaign is over I assume we can revert to reading and considering the views of people who know what they are talking about.

The problem our politicians have is that they know we will need to strike an EFTA/EEA free trade agreement with the EU in order to avoid bleeding capital investment and jobs.Ideally this will be with a high degree of cross party support in Parliament,and my read is that the senior labour party MP's know that Corbyn would never agree with this.

Expect a narrative that the referendum was predominantly about sovereignity.

I had to turn the news off when Farage was on ( gag reflex)
  • blutto
    blutto Posts: 105 Forumite
    edited 28 June 2016 at 9:52PM
    Options
    jimjames wrote: »
    I guess "spot on" are the words to use when you believe the validity of other claims made during the campaign such as the £350m cost.

Even what he said today was untrue. Just look at the UK members of the European parliament, I'm sure many of them would be rather upset to be told they'd never done a proper job.

But then Nigel did rank as 747 out of 751 for turning up and dealing with what he is paid to do. I'm amazed how anyone could be in spots 748-751 compared to his record.

Dear oh dear Jimlad, what are you banging on about?

Firstly Farage was NEVER part of 'Vote leave gang/bus group" he was in the other leaving party and website that I cannot recall right now!

Once again he NEVER said we would put all that money in the NHS.He went out of his way on that ITV debate show to explain to the ill-informed that If were out of the EU we would not be sending everyweek that money to Brussels ! Futhermore Farage explained that it would be upto the Government of the day to do what it wants with that extra money and to direct to causes of priority and it seems no one listens.Farage also explained the figures to do with 'net' and where it went and explained the 'net' back and contribution and still people still not understand.:money: must be all thick as !!!!! :rotfl:

To come on here and say leave were the only scaremongers is a bit rich as the remain camp want above and beyond the call of duty to lie and use every scare tactic in history to try and win and still FAILED! The Status Quo was rejected and rightly so!:D

They 'remain' did more lies than anybody .To the lie in question ,maybe what was on the big red bus of saying it would be directed to only the NHS but the amount was not and that indeed could be spent in the UK and not on the EU!
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 28 June 2016 at 10:43PM
    Options
    Blutto,

The bottom line is that the leave campaign lied completely and to the core with headline that people like you believe and still repeat:
    Lie : £350m to the EU - it was never £350m being paid at all and even the net payment of £180 was used for common causes, including development of Wales, Scotland and friendly Rep of Iteland....

Lie: Unelected EU: a bit of study on how EU legislation works will make you understand that the UK is represented both by MEP and ministers, unless you voted (like it is easy to believe) for Farage, which never turns up until today so he could show the stupid smile on his face....

Remain did warn us that there would be enormous economic and financial complication, which are only starting.

But you must not have any stock investment, child trust fund, pensions tied to the stock market, job linked to international sourcing and/or sale, properties (and worst in need of a remortgage) as well not buying and food items not grown and processed in the UK...

And Farage was answered well too:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-nigel-farage-eu-referendum-belgian-prime-minister-ridicules-ukip-leader-lying-in-campaign-a7107361.html
  • Linda_D_2
    Linda_D_2 Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    I'm definitely going to vote out.
  • atush
    atush Posts: 18,730 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And destroy the planet whilst you are at it...

And as people keep referring to EU countries not wanting to make a deal because the UK is one of the biggest export market for them, well they could still sell to the UK with Tariffs, which means that the UK consumer will pay more for EU goods, but you are kidding yourself thinking that the middle / and higher class currently buying BMW/AUDI/Mercedes will stop buying them because of the 10-20 or even 30% increase due to tariffs.
    The same will be for French/Spanish/Italian food products.... If the consumer want brie, he/she will buy french brie, not a Chinese version because the politician made a great deal with that nation.

Rubbish
    And destroy the planet whilst you are at it.

Speak to your own carbon footprint.

wastefu;; to rip out every lighting fixture I bought 20 years ago, and most energy efficient lights are worse to get rid of than incandecent.

I recycle, grown my own veg and wood to heat the house.
    they could still sell to the UK with Tariffs, which means that the UK consumer will pay more for EU goods, but you are kidding yourself thinking that the middle / and higher class currently buying BMW/AUDI/Mercedes will stop buying them because of the 10-20 or even 30% increase due to tariffs.
    The same will be for French/Spanish/Italian food products.... If the consumer want brie, he/she will buy french brie, not a Chinese version because the politician made a great deal with that nation.

I will happily buy korean cars, thanks.

AS for french and italian food stuffs, sure that could be a hardship (but not enough of one to EVER think about buying chinese cheese thanks).

There will be uk/comonwealth/americas alternatives if needed. The British were after all, the ones who smuggled tea trees to India when China closed their markets to europe?

Coffee may have originated in africa, but where is it grown now? All over the world.

Barriers to entry for a lot of foodstuffs is low in the overall scheme of trade barriers. where they exist, others overthrow them. They even have truffle plantations in america now.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Farage is just a national embarrasment. Just like the England football team, just like the UK government, just like the opposition. As per the latest meme going round FB - "Even Baldrick had a plan!"

The whole country is an embarrasment. I'm just glad nearly all my investments are abroad, they've gone up in value due to the plummeting pound :money:
  • maxie014
    maxie014 Posts: 190 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    Farage is just a national embarrasment. Just like the England football team, just like the UK government, just like the opposition. As per the latest meme going round FB - "Even Baldrick had a plan!"

The whole country is an embarrasment. I'm just glad nearly all my investments are abroad, they've gone up in value due to the plummeting pound :money:

Yeah,and facebooks the font of all knowledge for some people innit :rotfl:
    Theres was also a pic on facebook of german soldiers marching past two dead,mangled up british soldiers,their future was messed up a whole lot more than yours you whining baby.
    Thats my last word on this thread as im sick of reading depressing posts running the uk down,if its so bad eff off,no body will miss you,eff off to europe while you can see how great things are there!
    Nobody knows what things are going to be like in 1,5 or 10 years but less than a week a little currency drop you are whining on its beyond pathetic.
    The england team have always been sheite,nothing new there either.
  • Daniel54
    Daniel54 Posts: 834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 29 June 2016 at 12:53PM
    Options
    maxie014 wrote: »
    Yeah,and facebooks the font of all knowledge for some people innit :rotfl:
    Theres was also a pic on facebook of german soldiers marching past two dead,mangled up british soldiers,their future was messed up a whole lot more than yours you whining baby.
    Thats my last word on this thread as im sick of reading depressing posts running the uk down,if its so bad eff off,no body will miss you,eff off to europe while you can see how great things are there!
    Nobody knows what things are going to be like in 1,5 or 10 years but less than a week a little currency drop you are whining on its beyond pathetic.

I fear you have no idea how repellent your post is.I am disgusted to my stomach

We have had 75 years of peace in Europe and that is no thanks to people of your mindset

So ,to utilise you own words ( which thankfully are your last)

*** ***- and please don't come back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport