Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13

Options

Comments

• ButterflyBabe
    Options
    Right the witch has packed off so I'm ready for my OV to start to crack on. My OH won't know what's hit him this month. He will think all his Christmas's and birthdays have come at once!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Going to be start tracking and using OPK's properly this month and see what happens. Wish me luck girls xx
  • Claire_A87
    Options
    Hiya, can I be moved to TWW please? I have no idea when I OVd so can't update my DPO but it will have definitely happened by now.

Only DTD twice in my 'fertile window' and that was a week apart so counting myself out again this month. Poor OH is really struggling with some stuff health wise so nothing to be done about it. It's quite nice not stressing about it this month. Will probably invest in some cheapie OPKs this month so I have a vague idea of when I OV. I thought about CD18 but last month I had a 32 day cycle and I know my LP is shorter than 14 days, so who knows!

Fingers crossed for you all :)
    DS - 08/15

OU: BA (Hons) Open, 1
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    TTC thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD24 Claire_A87 - ? dpo
    CD24 athensgeorgia - 2 dpo
    CD45 twigpig - 9 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD?? LinaT
    CD?? Orange_Candle - awaiting ov
    CD5 ButterflyBabe - awaiting ov
    CD6 kirtsypoos - awaiting ov
    CD8 dragoneye454 - awaiting ov
    CD15 sulphate - awaiting ov
    CD15 Chelle22 - awaiting ov
    CD49 DSM348 - awaiting ov
    CD63 easilydistracted - Awaiting ov
    CD83 angel11 - Awaiting ov
    CD108 midget_1907 - Awaiting ov

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD3 Zeni

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    LittleMissGiggle
    (06.10.16)
    Slinky_Selina (26.10.16)

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    The names in blue has a link to their Fertility Friend chart.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates :T
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Ratison BFP 05/11/16
    Newthrift BFP 20/10/16
    Snowscreamer BFP 15/10/16
    Firebird082 BFP 08/10/16
    Penguingirl BFP 24/09/16
    april87 BFP 22/09/16
    Keekee BFP 21/08/16
    Clarabell1984 BFP 21/7/16
    Cats2012 BFP 9/7/16
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16
    TTC #3..........
  • Zeni
    Zeni Posts: 424 Forumite
    Options
    kirtsypoos wrote: »
    Very excited to be awaiting ov :)
    My BBT thermometer is due to arrive today, so that will be put to good use as soon as it's here and I'm going to start checking CM today (sorry if TMI) as I want to cover all bases!

OPKs are sitting in drawers at work and home. Exciting.

Hope everyone is well :)

Oo where did you get your BBT thermometer from? Was looking for one the other night but I'm not sure what kind is the right kind heh!
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
  • Chelle22
    Chelle22 Posts: 341 Forumite
    Options
    Right the witch has packed off so I'm ready for my OV to start to crack on. My OH won't know what's hit him this month. He will think all his Christmas's and birthdays have come at once!! :rotfl::rotfl:

Going to be start tracking and using OPK's properly this month and see what happens. Wish me luck girls xx

ButterflyBabe I know what you mean about OH. I haven't been tracking using OPK's yet but plan to if we don't catch this time so have been BDing every other day. :rotfl: I *think* I am ovulating around about now based on CM so fingers crossed.

Good Luck! Xx
  • DSM348
    DSM348 Posts: 12 Forumite
    edited 10 January 2017 at 10:10PM
    Options
    Thanks everyone :wave:

Never really posted on forums before but I must say - you are a lovely supportive bunch so I'm glad I joined.

I started using the ovusense monitor at the start of this cycle so hoping that will pinpoint ovulation for me - might only do it after the event first cycle but it's meant to be able to predict a day or two in advance. Who knows if it will live up to expectation or if I've been sucked in by false promises.

If I'm not convinced by it I might switch to opk's
    D
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Zeni wrote: »
    Oo where did you get your BBT thermometer from? Was looking for one the other night but I'm not sure what kind is the right kind heh!

I bought one from ebay in the end - was getting myself stressed looking at all singing, all dancing ones that sync to phone apps and I just can't justify those costs!

I took the advice here and made sure it had 2 decimal places and thought I'll just get on with that for now, and see how it goes :)

OH starts a new job on Monday and they have told him they are sending him away for the first few days. Smack bang in the middle of what should be my fertile week :mad: Going to have to try and BD Fri/Sat/Sun and when he gets back on Weds night and hope that's enough. Awful timing, but worth it for him to be happier (that's what I'm trying to convince myself anyway :rotfl:)
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • twigpig
    twigpig Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2017 at 12:05PM
    Options
    good job kirtsypoos. I think I got my couple in the pharmacy. A few quid each. Does the job :). So annoying when OH isn't around at the peak times. That happens to us too. Hope you can catch the right times.

The best thing for me with the thermometer is being able to press and hold the button to see the last reading. I woke at 4.30 and thought I'd take my temp. Then I woke again with the thermometer in my hand. Seems I'd fallen asleep. Lol. Took it. Popped into my apps and woke up to see my temp had dropped a full degree. Seems I'd read a 6 as a 5 seeing I was virtually asleep. :rotfl:

Hey dsm. I don't know ovusense but assume it's similar to the clear blue fertility monitor and I have used that one before. Do you put the stick in to read each day? With the cbfm, I would stick in any old stick for the first 5 days knowing I wouldn't be ov'ing then, and once I got the peak, I used old ones again. Saves a bit of cash on the sticks. Not sure if that tip even translates to the ovusense but thought I'd share anyway :)
    TTC #3..........
  • DSM348
    DSM348 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Twigpig - good tip! That's one of the reasons I didn't opt for the clear blue as I thought it would cost me a fortune with my erratic cycles!

The OvuSense is based on temperature - not for everyone as you need to insert it (like a tampon) at night before you go to sleep and then connect it (after washing of course!) via your phone and an adaptor to get a reading on the app in the morning. I had been put off doing my own temps with reading that you need to do it at the same time every morning. I'm up at 5ish for work but there's no chance I'm setting my alarm for that on the weekend!

Will see if it works when my body eventually decides to co-operate and ovulate! Been uncomfortably bloated today and yesterday so hoping something will happen soon.

D
  • hotcookie101
    hotcookie101 Posts: 2,060 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 11 January 2017 at 9:03PM
    Options
    Hi, I got a positive back in November, but unfortunately had it confirmed at 7.5 weeks that I was having a MMC (I had slight brown spotting at the weekend at 6 weeks, with a heavier occurance a few days later , but a tearful panicked call to GP got me scanned at the EPU at 6.5 weeks, but they needed to confirm there was no foetal growth a week later :'( )
    I had to have surgery just before Christmas, and have no idea what stage of my cycle I'm at. I finally stopped bleeding end of last week, so we can "do it" again! I'm 38, so we don't really want to wait to start trying again, but at the moment we are just trying to get over things, so there is no real trying right now, just seeing how we go until I get my period.
    It was heartbreaking to find out, but I am so grateful I was seen & diagnosed by the EPU by 7.5 weeks, and didn't find it out next week when we went for our scan, as I think that would have been worse :'(
    So, I'm back, I may or may not post much, but I do tend to read.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback